Author Topic: Somali ppl and Doctors!!  (Read 13914 times)

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
  • I am going back to somalia, what about you?
    • Somali Medical student's forum
Somali ppl and Doctors!!
« on: February 27, 2007, 10:10:18 PM »
Is there somebody who has not a story - happy or sad - with doctors, hospitals, and medicine in general?
I think the answer is no. Every body has his story and he tells it in his own perfect way.
Somali people, for example, have the worst medical stories and experiences of all because of the malpractice. Malpractice is defined as neglegance of duty that causes directly a damage. Here neglegance of doctors and medical stuff for their duty of treating and communicating with patients is happening, which results directly or indirectly in the damage and suffering of patient and even death, physical damage, social, emotional and others. That all is happening on daily basis in our beloved country Somalia.
It is true that somali people, as a result to the behaviour of doctors, hate their physicians and curse them from their back every time they remember that they need help from them. That is some thing our doctors and seniors should be ashamed of, because the doctor, as a responsible person of many aspects of life, has to do many things inorder to continue his work for community effectively and efficiently. That is by updating his knowledge and skills, by offering the latest treatments available, by performing a perfect doctor-patient relationship, and by being an example (a role model) and a leader (not in politiics) towards a perfect healthy and happy life for all.
If I start talking about what really happens in somalia, and what innocent people are facing, and what I saw in my eyes, I think I will not stop till the morning, and every body has some shocking stories and real life events on his own. So it is a long journey for us to change the concept of somali people regarding the white coat. I hope it will be easy for our generation.
Thank you. Wish us luck.
Ciise Dheere.

Towards a better healthy Somalia!!
Unless all parts of the society participate equally in the health process, nothing could be expected.

Somali Medical Interpreter - University of Washington Medical Center

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 28782
Last post July 03, 2009, 12:11:04 AM
by Admin
"HENNA" & its Medical Benefits (In Somali: Cillaan)

Started by MuslimDocBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 4
Views: 54450
Last post September 04, 2011, 10:55:58 PM
by CilmiSabca
Health and Nutrition Program Manager ,Jijiga, Somali Region (Mercy Corps)

Views: 38354
Last post April 16, 2010, 01:26:09 PM
by Admin
UNICEF & Japan Support Improved Education & Health for Vulnerable Somali Childrn

Started by AdminBoard Humanitarian Aid Organizations

Views: 33428
Last post January 14, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
by Admin
Public Health Advisor, Adis Ababa / Somali Region, Ethiopia (Oxfam GB)

Views: 9740
Last post January 25, 2011, 10:26:58 AM
by Admin