Author Topic: Why? I dont get it!!  (Read 25536 times)

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
  • I am going back to somalia, what about you?
    • Somali Medical student's forum
Why? I dont get it!!
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:20:16 PM »
What is keeping somali students and specially medical students from registering in the forum and participating in the discussions and other things going on here?
That question keeps coming to my head every time I see that we are not speeding enough as we planned.
I dont know why, is it because of they are not aware of? is it because they dont use the net enough time to look at the somali medical sites? is it because they are too busy reading news from shabelle and idamale?
I think may be my expectations were too high for somali people and this diserves a celebration.
It is up to you whether to register and participate or not, but we will not stop trying to do what we think is good for our somali people.
Ciise Dheere.

Towards a better healthy Somalia!!
Unless all parts of the society participate equally in the health process, nothing could be expected.

Offline Hanna

Re: Why? I dont get it!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:16:52 PM »
Hi, what a great site! I just found it by an accident browsing through the s-net forum.
I didn't know there were so many Somali medical students in Sudan and Yemen.
I'm also a med-student studying in the 1st year, so I still got a long way to go.
To answer your question I don't think Somali students in Europe/US know about this site,
but I will do my best to spread the word!  :)

Offline Ebyan

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:40:10 AM »
hi dr ciise.

yeah thats right..this deserves a celebration.  Waxaan iidinku hambalyaynayaa adiga iyo dr mahdi shaqada wanaagsan eed soomalida u qabateen, aad ayaan ugu baahneyn site kanoo kale, i found it throught Google, waaw i was impressed, thanks 4 such a great site, and plz keep going am sure inay dad badan soo heli doonaan...

ebyan.

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
Hi Hanna and Ebyan,
I am very glad for your participations here in the forum, I hope some day you will be operating the forum and serving the medical community of somalia with fresh and interesting info and tips.
The hope of getting a very large somali medical community here is still alive, and day after day I see that the number is growing and topics getting posted, so thanks to every one who shares his idea with us.
Hanna, it is a long way to go, but what is coming is coming, arrin dhib badan maaha kulligeen waan soo marnay, adigoo dhameeyay baadna is arkaysaa haddii Eebe cumri ku siiyo, waxaan kuu rajaynayaa inaad meel aad u fiican ka gaarto.
Waad mahadsantihiin dhamaan.
Ciise Dheere.
Unless all parts of the society participate equally in the health process, nothing could be expected.

Offline Mankay

• "NO PAIN NO GAIN"
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:17:38 PM »
dr .essa....s'c
    well..we all dont mind if you toast a cellebration for what is been achieved by SDN admin and the all members, and i am pretty convinced that at the end of the day , i mean oneday , everybody will be pleased and delighted..and who know ! its juz a hope that there alot of med-students around the world would be able to come across this website while they are googling ..but i see a total and entire bright future for this website and everybody who involved in making this hoppen ..once again i do really appriciate whatever you guys are doing for us (somalis) , juz keep it up ...and by the way .. we are only two medical students in malaysia right now ..like i said .. we will spread the word ensyallah.
and overall mahadda ilahay kasokow adiga iyo dr mahdi may idin soo laabanaysaa .. waana dareensannahay  runtii shaqo culus inaad heysaan.

mankay :)
The greatest mistake in the treatment of diseases is that there is physician for the body and physician for the soul, although the two cannot be separated :)

Offline Nomad

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 03:10:46 PM »
Salaams

I second Mankay, i really appreciate the work of the admins to create this website.
Several days ago i was browsing through the notes on diff diseases (in English AND Somali)
you have provided on your website.

You are doing an absolutely magnificent job. And this forum will see an inevitable swelling
in its ranks, as i'm sure there are many young somali medics/students.

I for one, am a medical student in the UK. I know six other young somali medical students in the UK, and i will let them all know
of this website, if they dont already.

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 06:10:51 PM »
kkkkkkkk, well, Thank you dear friends for your understandings and cooperation.
When I wrote this, I was a little disappointed from the inactivity of the members in the forum, But now I am very much satisfied about it.
Thank you all again for your encouragement and I hope you all the best in the future.
Ciise Dheere.

Offline Hana

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:29:55 PM »
salams all,

I know what you mean ciise but I think the website has picked up well enough better than nothing.
We are try to contribute as much as we can however, as we all are students in healthcare..we maybe busy with work, studying, placements etc. If you noticed i dont post topics as much as before as I onw work 12 hours a day..so I hardly get any time..for the internet. Today is one of my free days..so here I am..but this website has been well planned and implemented..so it does deserve recognition esp from somalis.
I'll spread the word..I know about 6 nurses and a few somali medics...but were all out in placements..so I'll email..around. :D

Offline Abdilghani

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 11:00:06 PM »
i have now registered DR. but do not know how to post a post?????? HELP