Author Topic: Advise needed  (Read 10215 times)

Offline Med_Student

Advise needed
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:40:36 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am first year medical student. I have failed my first sitting due to health reasons, and I have my second sitting next week, I am so worried, no motivation whatsoever, but I am hoping Allah knows the best for me.
Has anybody got any advise how to stay calm during exam as on my last exam because I was so stressed, my head was blocked I could not think of the answers. I have tried to study as much as I could but I am still terrified of sitting again.
This is my second degree by the way, I have been student before and passed everything with good grades but doing medicine it looks much harder.
Anyway, I am off to sleep now but I am struggling even to balance my life and study time.

Many thanks

med_student >:(

Offline PrincessMuni

Re: Advise needed
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:54:13 PM »
wish you all the best and don't give up . you should believe in you self
and believe that whatever you do Allah is watching you and won't waste your effort, you can read quran to help you calm down believe me it helps alot
also try reading du'a before and after studying as Dr. Munim and my self posted earlier, if you cant read it in arabic i can help and write it as somali
wish you all the luck in the world,
this is the link for du'a

http://somalidoc.com/smf/index.php/topic,1277.0.html
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Med_Student

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »
Dear Dr Muni,

Thank you very much for your advise, unfortunately, I cannot read Qu'ran in either Arabic or Somali as I come from mouslim contry in Eastern Europe, studying medicine in UK.
However, I have Qu'ran in my language which I can read it, but it does not seem to help me when I know that exams are actually on Monday. I have tried very hard, but I filled with negative thoughts which are making me feel so down.
Anyway, enough moaning, and I should get myself up together and sit the exam.

Many thanks again

Offline PrincessMuni

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 10:09:52 PM »
hello med student, am nursing student not medicine
and may allah help you, thats all i can say!

Offline Student of Knowledge

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 12:54:26 AM »
You might consider doing two things right now. Motivate yourself to study hard; ask Allah to help you. We know that even if you are so confident and studied everything you can still get bad marks or fail because of panic or stress. You might end up not even answering the question addressed, so my point is: Success is not solely through revision, it is by Allah swt too.

To motivate yourself:
Try sticking a paper in front of your study desk; and on it you write your goal in life and why are you studying medicine. But remember, a big tip is that your goal in life should be something that you cannot fully reach or get in this world, because if you get it, there will not be anymore reason to be motivated; it should be something that you will ONLY get InshaAllah after you die. In that way you will have achieved your goal in both worlds InshaAllah. If I demonstrate by a random example:
For example my goal is to please Allah through studying medicine and becoming a neurologist. I want to truly help patients and try and find new discoveries in this area. To reach my goal I need to work hard, but at the same time I should not neglect my health, religious duties and my family members. So I have to keep trying until I reach a balance between my religious duties/ family and career life. If I become a neurologist and balance well in my life, doesn’t mean I reached my goal yet. I will only reach it if Allah is pleased with me in the Hereafter. So what are your goals? Scribble them down in 10 minutes only.

Stick them and everytime you feel down, look at it and think this is what I want, and I have to work for it. I think one can’t be motivated to study if they don’t have a reason to study, a goal to reach. That’s my tip about motivation. It won’t take long. About 10min will do assuming med students always have the answer to why medicine – as asked in the interview.

Ask Allah for help:
Wake up in the middle of the night, when everyone is sleeping and ask Allah to guide you and make things easy for you. You will begin to feel positive if you also make sure your day is split evenly between prayer and studies. If you continuously study and miss prayer you will get stressed and feel like there is a burden of some sort so you cannot concentrate; and if you dont study you will fail. So keep balance of both prayers and studies.

If you are absolutely stuck, then just remember, that there are many others crying and wishing to get into medical school in the UK every year, but are truly struggling for many reasons: financial/competition/academic grades/health problems, whatever. So realise the blessings Allah has granted you, and the fact that He Almighty has favoured you over many; and be grateful through your dedication, hard work and motivation. You might then begin to concentrate again, and see the fruits of your labour InshaAllah.

I wish you all the success! You will Pass with flying colours InshaAllah. Just trust Allah and study hard. And know that if you failed once, that doesn’t mean anything, because exams are never a measure of one’s true intelligence.

Offline Dr.Tulip

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 06:15:15 AM »
Lord help you med_student, not to despair of God's mercy
Failure does not mean the end of life
Sometimes we are going through such attitudes
Must be patient .. Otherwise they will not be able to continue
their path of education ..
Especially the medical field say it is difficult Believe me, there is nothing
Difficult in this life.... Tip fraternal ;)
Allah is with you strive
I wish you reconcile

Offline Med_Student

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
Selam everyone who replied to my post,

Thank you very much for your support, I really appriciate it, but unfortunately I have failed again, and I am very distraught, words can't describe how I feel, the weakest point in my life.
Throughout the year, I have tried so hard, and I have prayed and did all my islamic obligation but Allah does not seem to help me, I am so dissapointed with my life.
I have decided to repeat the year, but it is so difficult to have to go through the same stress all over again.
I am hoping my health will improve but I am having investagion and treatment for it.

Many thanks

Med_student

Offline PrincessMuni

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »
I have tried so hard, and I have prayed and did all my islamic obligation but Allah does not seem to help me, I am so dissapointed with my life.

Istaqfur Allah , this is so wrong, you should believe in Allah if your muslim and what you are saying is wrong.

May Allah help you and lead you to the right path.

Offline Munim

• رضا ك يا امي
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 04:22:55 AM »
subxanalah walalky isdaji oo wax yar dib ugu noqo hadalkaga shaydankana iska xijaab, naseexo ahana wayso qaado 2rakco duko Allahna bari adigoo ku kalsoon wana arkidoonta natiijada xita hadii aduunka lagugu siinwayo akhiro ayay ku adaysa ama shar kugu soo soctay aya lagaga xijaba marka ha quusan aduunkan majiro wax mustaxiil ah only do your best adoo  tawakalayo  ALAH.
Education Opens the Doors

Malaria Health Officer Needed in Jowhar, Central South Zone, Somalia

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 18456
Last post May 24, 2009, 05:24:43 PM
by Admin
Vacancy: Medical Doctor Needed In Badhan Hospital, Sanaag, Somalia

Views: 18758
Last post December 16, 2009, 04:32:22 PM
by Admin
DROUGHT EMERGENGY IN HORN OF AFRICA - HUMAN RESSOURCES NEEDED ASAP (ACF)

Views: 16425
Last post July 12, 2011, 09:56:16 PM
by Admin
Senior Consultant at Health Policy Unit in Somaliland MOH needed? by (WHO)

Views: 15597
Last post October 29, 2014, 12:31:24 PM
by Admin
TRAINING NURSES IN HIV COUNSELING (Hargeisa) - CONSULTANT NEEDED

Views: 14729
Last post October 17, 2014, 11:01:13 PM
by Admin