Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

Who tells?

<< < (2/2)

Yaxya:
@ princess_muni : it's really a controversial issue in the west specially from the ethical point of view,but in the Muslim world  i think our scholars have already discussed about it and according to them it's HARAM.. No matter whether some Muslims practice it or not ..and by the way welcome back:)

PrincessMuni:
thanks bro !

Ikram:

You have the opposite problem princess muni where your patient are not offered DNR. Imagine when you are offered it and as a muslim you refuse it ....horrible enough ....you are then seen as a cruel person who are selfish enough to make your patient suffer longer.

From my practical experience I have noticed that regardless of the conditions ....most muslims refuse DNR and it pains them to see their family member suffer like that and when the medical staff adds to the pressure by looking down on them as being selfish people who are evil ...is heartbreaking to see .

Funny enough this happens only once the DNR has been offered ...so not being offered it a good thing.

Mona:
salaam everyone,

I, like princessmuni, was surprised when reading the above post by brother yaxya. I didn't think DNR was haram :S
I only thought that certain conditions should be fulfilled to allow it.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/115104

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version