Author Topic: New poll  (Read 21277 times)

Offline PrincessMuni

New poll
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:56:07 AM »
I Would like to know if doctors or nurses or any other worker in the medical field
use informations related to health from the internet in their work.

Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Coletpaolo

Re: New poll
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 04:53:31 PM »
 :) YES..... I my self browse the internet searching for a certain disease or topic every time i have a report or a case study or even nothing to report , it has been my habit to read medical resources in the net.....this also serves as one of my reference. And i am really much amaze coz this also help me to understand further.

I even downloaded some of the medical and nursing procedures and skills.....coz in our school or even the hospital i haven't been tried it or observed.

IT REALLY HELP ! ! !

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:50:53 AM »
well, it's da most easiest  way of finding info u need quickly, I really like. but be carefull using downloaded or copied work as ur  own. my mate got kicked out of da schl for plagiarism.

some uni use plagiarism checking webs to check assignments, so as da u can check ur work over da net
never give up learning

Offline Coletpaolo

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 05:22:54 AM »

:).....Thanks for the remind.........but then those downloaded  that i had copied are being kept and use as private only........i mean i view them only once i am home...jejejeje.... to that PLAGIARISM CHECKING WEB are not so rampant in our school or even the country, i guess it is still in its infancy.......

but still thanks for reminding...........and if anyone is using the net as for any documentation ....be cautious enough and make sure to have or make use of "according to" or "as cited in the book of bla bla bla"..etc.

Offline Dr Akhyar

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:31:15 PM »
Note on plagiarism

The scientific research and publishing communities the world over are by now well aware that over the past
two or three decades, instances of scientific misconduct seem to be on the rise. These are consequences
of the increasing pressures to publish for career advancement, competition for research support and desire
for recognition, influence and fame. In the USA an Office of Research Integrity has been created, dealing
largely with the biological and biomedical fields. In recent years innumerable editorials have been written
and at least two international conferences have been held to discuss this issue which seriously affects both
the conduct of science and the public perception of science.

The major forms of scientific misconduct are captured by three words: fabrication, falsification and plagiarism.
Their meanings are self-evident. The first two forms are most likely to be detected by the rigorous
peer review process instituted by all professional journals of quality. In those cases where a mendacious
piece of work escapes detection and gets published, we can hope that later work by other scientists will
expose the original misconduct.

We are concerned here particularly with plagiarism, which has become easier, thanks to the growth of
the internet and easy access to vast amounts of written material. One dictionary defines plagiarism as ‘the
appropriation or imitation of the language, ideas, and thoughts of another author, and representation of them
as one’s original work’.

The degree of plagiarism could be as mild as the copying of a single sentence from another author
without acknowledgement, or could involve much more extensive ‘lifting of material’ from other sources,
including previous publications of the author. John Ziman has emphasized that the three forms of misconduct
mentioned above are equally serious and reprehensible: ‘plagiarism is as infamous as fabrication in
a scientific paper’. As reprehensible as appropriating the thoughts, wording or visual representation from
the work of someone else is what has been called ‘selfplagiarism’, the reproduction of one’s own published
work, in whole or in part, under the guise of something original.

The Indian Academy of Sciences takes a very serious view of all forms of scientific misconduct, and
especially of plagiarism (including selfplagiarism), as something directly affecting the integrity of the scientific
process. Such behaviour is unacceptable and deserves exposure and an appropriate level of penalty.
In case it is inadvertently published, a paper containing plagiarized material steals credit from the original
source and erodes confidence in the quality and reliability of our journals.
T
o counter these problems, we are instituting several measures with immediate effect uniformly for
all Academy journals. Every case of suspected plagiarism brought to our attention will be investigated
objectively and transparently by the journal editors as speedily as possible. If plagiarism is detected during
the refereeing process, apart from immediate rejection the Academywill consider other steps commensurate
with the seriousness of the case. In those situations where plagiarismis proven after publication, appropriate
announcements will be placed, both online and in the next possible print issue of the journal.

The Academy reserves the right to bring such instances to the attention of the author’s employers and funding agencies,
and also to inform the original author (where applicable) whose work has been plagiarized and journal from
where the plagiarized material has been taken.
We join our readers and contributors in hoping that the vigilance and care exercised by our referees and
editors will minimize this problem.

N. Mukunda
Editor of Publications
Indian Academy of Sciences
Amitabh Joshi
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Genetics
Journal of Genetics, Vol. 87, No. 2, August 2008 99

Offline Somali Boy

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 10:52:40 AM »
asc yes we use internet maxaa yeelay axa jira text book aa si toos uga heli kartid the internet now aniga my research waxaan inta badan ka qory internet coz very easy and available but good idea princess

POLL: Lab Students and Lab Technicians!!

Started by AdminBoard Lab Students and Technicians

Replies: 4
Views: 8780
Last post February 15, 2009, 12:17:46 AM
by Edill
Suitable Poll

Started by AdminBoard SD Support and Suggestions

Replies: 1
Views: 7204
Last post July 21, 2007, 09:28:02 PM
by Admin