Author Topic: Aantibiotic Resistance  (Read 9840 times)

Offline Dr.Farabadan

Aantibiotic Resistance
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:50:00 AM »
as u know antibiotics changed the world.Since their discovery almost eighty yrs they developed the treatment of infections and saving many Lifes. but the growing concern of  bacterial resistance, caused by the use and abuse of antibiotics, is now threatening its significant and making the world  Without effective treatment and prevention of bacterial infections.

70% of hospital acquired neonatal infections could not be successfully treated.  there r many warning coming from Healthcare Trusts around the world about antibiotic resistance.

but now thr is another alert. some scientists ve found drugs called bisphosphonates block an enzyme used by bacteria to swap genes, and acquire or spread resistance to antibiotic drugs.  ;D  and dats good newsssssssssssssssssssss

but The study is still in Proceedings of the British National Academy. but it was comfirmed.

never give up learning

Offline Dr Akhyar

Re: antibiotic resistance
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 09:18:57 PM »
The most widely antibiotic resistance bacteria that is hospital acquired infection is staphylococcus aurues , specially MRSA, i.e methacilin Resistance staphylococcus aureus. i will be doing soon a project paper related to this find out biochemical and molecular characterizatoin of this type MRSA and compare with MSSA. this project will be carried out in Kuala lumpur hospital malaysia in collaboration with University Putra Malaysia. the one i am studying now. cheers.

Offline Dr Akhyar

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:09 PM »
Though i am currently working  biochemical analysis of free radicals By infecting Newcastle Disease Virus, which is actually an oncolytic virus to the breast cancer cell llines, and i will studying the mechanism behind the apoptosis of  this virus to the cancer cells. i hope if any body woking in this field we can share some ideas. cheers

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:47:08 AM »
I was keepeing an eye on  that reaseach. the anouncement of da result was delayed coz another reseach suggested that some some kind of bacteria  could be survived by tough mutation after bisphosphonates was used. so I'm still waiting wat cames up.

do u think da bisphosphates can be a solution?

never give up learning

Offline Dr Akhyar

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 10:04:46 AM »
I think using biphosphates culd  be a solution to kill the antibiotic resistance bacteria. though there may be difficult to selevtively target different strains of bacterias. and still the side effects of this chemical are not fully undrstood, in terms of free radical formation. but hope this will be a new way to stop antibiotic resistance bacteria. as this biophosphates which are used to treat bone loss, appear to disrupt the process and prevent the transfer of antibiotic resistance genes, and selectively cause the death of resistant bacteria.
and as i have seen on the ongoing research , clinical trails are underway. so let us wait the result how it would become.

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 12:20:25 PM »
Antibiotic resistance is a type of drug resistance where a microorganism is able to survive exposure to an antibiotic.

Antibiotic increases numbers of bacteria oppostions,a type of drug resistance where a microorganism is able to survive exposure to an antibiotic.

Offline John008

Re: Aantibiotic Resistance
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Antibiotic resistance is a kind of drug where a microorganism can outlive danger to an antibiotic.This antibiotic resistance, also called antimicrobial resistance or drug resistance, is due largely to the increasing use of antibiotics.

Offline Rupak447

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 10:23:21 AM »
I was keepeing an eye on  that reaseach. the anouncement of da result was delayed coz another reseach suggested that some some kind of bacteria  could be survived by tough mutation after bisphosphonates was used. so I'm still waiting wat cames up.

do u think da bisphosphates can be a solution?

Of course, it could be  a solution. Keep going with your research. You will do better that I believe.

Offline Ella1985

Re: Aantibiotic Resistance
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:57:12 AM »
Intresting subject! I have to say that i'm hearing about this here for the first time. I will look forward for it.

Antibiotic resistance and it's causes?

Started by Nuur12Board Questions, Exams & Study tips

Replies: 0
Views: 15703
Last post September 22, 2011, 03:12:22 PM
by Nuur12