Author Topic: Somali Doctors  (Read 41960 times)

Offline Laila_Cali

Somali Doctors
« on: September 25, 2008, 07:45:28 AM »
      I am starting my medical Internship and I've noticed since I have become closer to becoming a doctor, its been harder for me to find a decently cute Somali (guy of course). DO a lot of Somali girls also have this problem just curious.This topic is also open for men. Is it because some Somali guys who are not doctors are intimidated just wondering. Guys I would love to hear your opinion  

Offline Dr.Farabadan

Re: somali doctors
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:06:38 PM »
well,  it's kind of that coz u feel u r more Superior than them. Most educated Somali girls say "ermmm.. I wanna marry  a man who's well educated, typically has higher degree than me blah blah.........." and  at the end of the day Thar r no alot of  well-educated  somalian men.

If u can't find cute somalian guy, wouldn't u not try any other ones?  Let me tell about the Somalis.  Educated men (say a doctors) used to marry a nomadic illiterate women and I think It didn't happen a man to say "oh!!! she's not educated or she isn't cute so I can't marry."  but u changed everything

We already agreed in another topic dat doctors like dating other doctors. so, if u r just looking for a doctor, It's gonna be hard for u to find one. I Have got nice idea for u  I w'll tell u that in my next post of this topic

so, let me ask u this, If  you(girls) cann't find typical man u r looking for, why don't u try any other alternative men?

never give up learning

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:34:46 PM »
First welcome, L.Ali. Second, as you see your insightful questions begs not superficial responses but indeed answers that need to summon up deep-seated ponderings-these days I am indeed no position to flex my muscles for such enlighteningly intellectual endeavors for I have been subjected the most mind-numbingly profit ional exams the mankind has ever taken alas; My once fertile man has become an arid land.

Indeed, opinionated has shed light upon the dim and gloomy high way we are threading. It is positively true that the "cultural" transformation we are experiencing is not something that is natural not to mention Its abruptness. It certainly bears great deal with newness-- new things are sometimes fancifully problematic. I shall retire here, for my brain is becoming tiresome wit painful ache.

L.Ali, I hope things are going rather jolly with your end. I tried to pm you the very first PM but it was not functioning for some peculiar reason---perhaps you have tons of admirers so your account has been flooded from the first day of your staying SD site. Anyhow, email me on my school email: nabadoon99@yahoo.com

Your rather un-agreeable chap,
Geeljire~

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 02:45:47 PM »
hey laila I think u found ur way n da Grass will get greener
Geeljir u got da nail on da head ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
never give up learning

Offline Mysam

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:43:59 AM »
Leyla,

depends on what you want in a man. I have friends who were lucky to find Somali doctors. And other's like myself opted out my better half is an engineer. Important question is what are your ideals, goals what do you want in a marriage? I wanted stability, a person who had better knowledge of deen and a person who can understand and appreciate the sacrifices I have to make. Alhamdullilah he is educated, we do have some cultural "misunderstandings" but we let logic and deen help us reach our decisions. And its no easy ride. :-\

Eid Mubarak everyone.

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 03:11:06 PM »
^^Lol Dr.Farabadan. Alleey lehe L.Ali found her way ma is tiri. Akhi, buuga naxariista bal yara baadh-baaadh. As my Ayeeyo would say ;D . Martida soo dhaweee  no? :)

Anway, beryahan waa maxay all the talk about Somali men? Anu topiggan ayaan ka yaabay, sxb. Hence, I'll be willing more than any thing giving a great dose for Eid- to this very Somali men bashing thread but only If L.Ali say this after me :

"I am so very glad that I am a Somali. Somali is my life. Somali  is the beat of my heart. Somali is the blood that courses through my veins. Somali is my strength. Somali is my life so wonderful and beautiful. Without Somali I am nothing, and should Somali ever turn his cute face from me, I could not survive."

Peace & Blessing to Ya All,
Geeljire~

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 03:03:04 AM »
Eid Mubarak all to u.
Geeljir, first I wanna say to u well done for that emotional post saying ur r proud of being somali. bro thr r alot  of somali M/F professionals in this medical field or any other field. if somone is looking for someone else who can be his/her conpartment, it is easy to find one . but the think is can u understand  each other.

Let me tell u something about my self. I had a relationship with a somalian girl who was studying with me at some uni. I  though we were different and  that we were gonna uderstand each other well, but it didn't work.

Advice to everyone if  u r not looking wrong person for wrong reason wha u need as urself is, can da person buy me a happyness?can we feel each other?don't think like. has he go got a degree, Mdegree or PHD? coz being professional can't buy a happyness. I know loads of educated ppl... that are shallow  and clueless who don't even know how to make a relationship work.

Try to look for someone who can take care of u, someone who has the The chemistry of understanding  a relationship and respecting, so, if you r looking for someone like that, thr r alot somali intelligent, with a high personality.

for me,  as I learnt from my experience, I would marry someone who has intelliegen and sence of understanding, regardless  qualifications, beauty or rather than what she does for a living, even if she looks like an alien from the planet Mars.

so, all of u, make up ur mind before u take action.

urs farabadan
never give up learning

Offline Dr Sofia Ibrahim

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 01:26:55 AM »
uhhh! shit boy u know how to talk :D Dr.Farabadan
u have a point there but there is just one problem ....
most men does not like when thier women knows more then he does,!! right?
i hava a dream! :O but the thing  is yeah.. ya all hava to help :D

Offline Anotherabdi

Re: Somali Doctors
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 05:52:18 AM »
somali men dont grow on trees
you girls need to start looking harder ;D
lol

Offline Abubakar

• Clinician and Public Health Practitioner
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:19:18 PM »
Hey my brothers and sisters
I hope that you ladies and gentlemen should assist each other in finding any assistance you require in life i.e. studying  medicine, dentristry, nursing/midwife, public health, lab sciences, etc, living in a foriegn country, getting a job back in Somalia, marriage, social and other important information, so we need to help each other rather teasing each other in all aspects of life, if one of us wishes to marry someone from the profession, it can still work or it may not work, you never know, but let us help each other and i hope that is why we have this wonderful and useful forum/website and i thank the team who created it.

regards,
abubakar
Abubakar Sh Ahmed - ML-MD, MPH
Head of Bosaso office, Puntland
WHO Somalia

Offline Anotherabdi

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 06:26:48 PM »
I think the question posted is fundamentally wrong.
What rule says that you have to marry a doctor. It makes sense they must be somali, but dont make your life more difficult than it needs to be.  If the question is about income disparity, then one would always be suspicious of the other partner using them and it will never result in healthy relationship. 

Offline VillageDoc

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 11:24:15 PM »
I get where Laila is coming from not only is it difficult its next to impossible. Leave alone doctor simply a professional is extremely hard to come by and at the rate things are going its not getting any better. Take a look at somali families and the ratio of university educated males to females is becoming wider as days go by.
And truth be told preference would go to a professional. Maybe we should look at alternatives to our brothers not a good option but choices are limited  ???

Offline Bhersi

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2011, 08:25:12 AM »
It is Interesting topic.

Somali have profound culture that we can all be proud of; no matter what situation we in..  Going back  our roots and our grand fathers life’s I am talking about past  40+ yrs where Men was breadwinner and women to do the most important and  most difficult job in the planet  to be  housewife.

I am going back the comment sister Laila made “decently cute Somali guy ).

If you read the ward decently what comes your mind is respect.
If look the ward cute guy most of the people will say is he real man who can take full responsibility or he is busy to putting makeup  and dress up well?

They say “give a fame those you can handle” As Educated Somali women I think it is challenge that we face having high education and fining nice  respectful guy to share life with” it is well documented when Girls finish university no matter what field; the expectation goes to the roof  as they being told “ you are important you deserve educated man   WAA INAAD JAAMICI GUURSATA etc” it is like brain wash.. Sadly it is rare to hear someone say; it is good idea that you find some one who fears Allah with good Aqlaq” and most important  to treat you RIGHT.

In my opining the definition of good guy is someone who fears Allah  and  take full responsibility his family and not relay on other person wages . ( waman yatiqalah yajcal lahu maqrajan warsiqu manxaythu laa yaxtasib” remember the dua ( Allahu ma inii nasaluka hikman wa cilman) Higma comes before Education. One good example is our great grand fathers never went school and they  manage all the community I am sure most of  PHD holder could barely  manage their own family.

It is mention in many article man feels inferior if women is more educated or earns more money than him; My answer to that is if the two people trust each other obviously love each other EGO and  MONEY will nether come in  between and most importantly Today it is very easy to build Somali house or to get married but who is strong enough not quit that marriage  and maintain that house it is hikma when our reliogion says rejaalu qawaamun). That is what Somali lacking to day not  “ Jaamici” as my grand mother used to call.

I hope every one to learn how to be good human being and wish to have better human being to share this difficult worls we facing today (Allah knows what is best for us Wabilaahi Tow fiiq) any comment balqisa_saud@hotmail.com

Somali Medical Interpreter - University of Washington Medical Center

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 28780
Last post July 03, 2009, 12:11:04 AM
by Admin
"HENNA" & its Medical Benefits (In Somali: Cillaan)

Started by MuslimDocBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 4
Views: 54443
Last post September 04, 2011, 10:55:58 PM
by CilmiSabca
Health and Nutrition Program Manager ,Jijiga, Somali Region (Mercy Corps)

Views: 38346
Last post April 16, 2010, 01:26:09 PM
by Admin
UNICEF & Japan Support Improved Education & Health for Vulnerable Somali Childrn

Started by AdminBoard Humanitarian Aid Organizations

Views: 33423
Last post January 14, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
by Admin
Public Health Advisor, Adis Ababa / Somali Region, Ethiopia (Oxfam GB)

Views: 9740
Last post January 25, 2011, 10:26:58 AM
by Admin