Author Topic: Have you ever heard sour milk therapy?!  (Read 4899 times)

Offline Dandaawi

Have you ever heard sour milk therapy?!
« on: December 19, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
When you heard this story may seem to you strange, but it is based on reality and what I have seen on my eyes.

This is happen mid of 2007 in Somalia and here below is the story:

A very sick patient was taken to a private hospital then after the patient undergone several investigations they prescribed alot of drugs and among those drugs was IV infussions. Patients' relatives bought all what they was prescribed and they returned the patient at their home and they needed a person to manage or insert the IV line. Anyhow they called a noughbor man who buys drugs near their village and the man managed the IV line and connected the IV infussion the relatives told the man that the patient can not take anything and suffering hungry and asked him if they can give camel milk through the IV line and add in the Infussion since both the milk and the infussion are liquids ! the man agreed and they poured the sour camel milk in the infussion and gave through the vein ! Yes do not feel strange because they did what they knew. By the way the patient got worse and they brought a big hospital in the town which an International medical org. funds. I was among the witness who saw that patient and I could not accept the story the first time I have asked the relatives and during they were explaining to me patients' history this is the end of the story and unfortunately the patient passed away during 24 hours after he received this strange therapy through the vein !!!!

You kindness medical people take this history serious and start health education to your ingorance society !

May Allah be with you this issue and other good things you may think will help our community.

Thanks for your reading this story carefully !

reach your goal !

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
Re: Have you ever heard sour milk therapy?!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 09:20:56 PM »
I never heard such story before....

This story reflects the extent of negligence and ignorance our people lives in....
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Offline Dr.keyf

Re: Have you ever heard sour milk therapy?!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:23:55 AM »
Inalilah wainaa ilaihi rajicuun! I dono whether to laugh or cry.i know tht people are ignorant bt somali docs may be worse.he should hv informed them abt da use of those drips.somali docs just gv da pts drugs n send them off.thts wt causes abuse of drugs among somalis.it is the duty of the doc to explain everything.they do tht in da US as well coz they also hv ignorant ppl.bt its time da doctors realise their mistakes,afterall they r da educated ones. :-X

GLASS OF MILK‏ (an inspiring story)

Started by Dr.NadifaBoard Medical Stories and Jokes

Replies: 6
Views: 11161
Last post June 07, 2008, 10:19:04 PM
by PrincessMuni
Su'aal: Bio-therapy devices & wax u tarkeeda cudurka sonkorta?

Started by AbdihakiimBoard Qaybta Su'aalaha

Replies: 1
Views: 12612
Last post October 26, 2016, 06:24:43 PM
by SomaliDoc