Author Topic: CLASSIFICATION OF BACTERIA?  (Read 10679 times)

Offline Viza

• Doctors fight to save lives
CLASSIFICATION OF BACTERIA?
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
In 1884, who discovered the utility of staining in the identification and classification of bacteria?

we meet people trying to live theire lives and see what the Doctors is doing to help

Offline Viza

• Doctors fight to save lives
THE CLASSIFICATION AND IDENTIFICATION OF BACTERIA OF MEDICAL IMPORTANCE
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:32:32 PM »
The classification and identification of organisms are two separate but inter-related processes. Classification involves the identification of groups of organism that share common properties and that differ from other groups. Identification entails the assignation of an unknown organism to a group within a scheme of classification.

So list below the classification of bacteria?
we meet people trying to live theire lives and see what the Doctors is doing to help

Offline Dr.Adnan

• “The first wealth is health.”
Re: CLASSIFICATION OF BACTERIA?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:15:40 PM »
For your first question
In 1884, who discovered the utility of staining in the identification and classification of bacteria?

It is the Gram stain developed by Hans Christian Gram, The method uses bacterial cell wall components as a basis of classification. Most Bacteria fall under two categories either Gram +ve or Gram -ve .
**Ruuxaan Dantiisiyo aqoon, waxa daryeelaaya**
**Inuu Deeqda Eebahay ka qaday, dib u xusuusnaada**
Hadraawi...

Offline Toldo

Re: CLASSIFICATION OF BACTERIA?
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 10:45:53 AM »

in 1984 the Gram stain  was developed by Hans Christian  Gram as told by my brother , and the bacteria are generally classified into Gram +ve and gram -ve and additional group wich  no comes under those two categories .

Gram Negative

The proteobacteria are a major group of Gram-negative bacteria, including Escherichia coli,
Salmonella,
Shigella,
and other Enterobacteriaceae,
Pseudomonas,
Moraxella,
Helicobacter,
Stenotrophomonas,
Bdellovibrio,
acetic acid bacteria,
Legionella and
alpha-proteobacteria as Wolbachia and many others. Other notable groups of Gram-negative bacteria include the
cyanobacteria, s
pirochaetes,
green sulfur and green non-sulfur bacteria.

Medically relevant Gram-negative cocci include three organisms, which cause a sexually transmitted disease (Neisseria gonorrhoeae), a meningitis (Neisseria meningitidis), and respiratory symptoms (Moraxella catarrhalis).

Medically relevant Gram-negative bacilli include a multitude of species. Some of them primarily cause respiratory problems (Hemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Legionella pneumophila, Pseudomonas aeruginosa), primarily urinary problems (Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis, Enterobacter cloacae, Serratia marcescens), and primarily gastrointestinal problems (Helicobacter pylori, Salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhi).

Gram negative bacteria associated with nosocomial infections include Acinetobacter baumannii, which cause bacteremia, secondary meningitis, and ventilator-associated pneumonia in intensive care units of hospital establishments.

Gram Positive bacteria

the Gram-positive organisms made up the phylum Firmicutes, a name now used for the largest group.

It includes many well-known such as:
Bacillus,
Listeria,
Staphylococcus,
Streptococcus,
Enterococcus, 
Clostridium,
Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae,
Lactobacillus,
Nocardia,
Corynebacterium diptheriae ,
Clostridium,
Sarcina and many others..

It has also been expanded to include the Mollicutes, bacteria like Mycoplasma that lack cell walls and cannot be Gram stained, but are derived from such forms.
Actinobacteria are the other major group of Gram-positive bacteria, which have a high guanosine and cytosine content in their genomes (high G+C group). This contrasts with the Firmicutes, which have a low G+C content.

Other major groups: which includes Acid-fast rods ,Spiral organisms,Small pleomorphicand small intracellular parasites .

Mycobacterium
Actinomyces,
Streptomyces,
Treponema,
Borrellia,
Leptospira,
Spirocheta,
Rickettsiae,
Coxiella,
Chlamydia,
Bartonella.

I hope i tried my best  and i can feel i left more and more  on the classification of bacteria ... but that is what i tried to collect,....

World's Oldest Bacteria Found Living In Permafrost

Started by YaxyaBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 2
Views: 6265
Last post April 16, 2008, 11:11:45 PM
by Yaxya
Childhood Asthma Linked To Lack Of Ancient Gut Bacteria

Started by Dr.TulipBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 0
Views: 5891
Last post July 16, 2008, 06:34:44 AM
by Dr.Tulip
Su'aal: Bacteria ka dilidda Caanaha xoolaha (pasteurization)?

Started by AahashiBoard Qaybta Su'aalaha

Replies: 1
Views: 6464
Last post March 18, 2016, 12:45:33 PM
by SomaliDoc
A Somali Bacteria - Streptomyces Somaliensis

Started by DoctoorBoard Lab Students and Technicians

Replies: 6
Views: 39679
Last post March 27, 2008, 09:25:51 PM
by Doctoor
Su'aal: Waa maxay lactic bacteria LGG?