Author Topic: I need help..plz  (Read 10133 times)

Offline Noor Hargeisa

I need help..plz
« on: September 16, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
Salam Alekom

I'm planning to start a Master degree in molecular medicine . However I have a problem which is, I dont know which is better between a

Genetics or Neuroscience ?

I  want to know which  one is more important at work chances , more deffecult to staudy and  more easy to start PhD in the  future ?

Thanks 

Offline Dr.Abdul

Re: I need help..plz
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:25:50 AM »
hey, noor

you are choosing very good fields. your choices btw neuroscience and genetics are not that far apart yet, each has compelling reasons why you should do.My point of view, as medical student, i have taken both courses, i thought neuroscience was more enjoyable interms of doing things practically plus brain as it is, very fascinating, learning all the tracts and how they communicate with each other.
 depending on where you live, as geneticist or neuroscientist , you can work as professor,in a lab, as consultant(my professor was  post doc in this field and worked as consultant)
I will say, go for neuroscience very challenging indeed, but rewarding.
good luck!

Offline Noor Hargeisa

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 07:10:27 AM »
thank you bro for your answering my Q

but still i need more information about both science

and by the way I'm in UK , if that make different if i will chose one of them

am waiting for more advises coz i don't have that time to think more

thanks again

Offline Mandeq

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
 SIS IM sorry that I can't help much as im still finishing my last year , however , i always find genetics enteresting as im sure there wont be much Genetic consultant which is very needed in somali ppl. whot eva choose you make allah help ya. plz be there to advice me insha alaah next yr wen im ready to do my MSC. all the best.

P.S by the way which uni you go to ? 

Offline Mandeq

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »
good lucky sis , i think genetics is more fastining topic and interestin as well as there is no much genetic consultant in our countray , pair in mind neuroscience is pretty hard. Plz be here next yr insha laah so u can advise me for my MSC.

P.S which uni are u attending?
very best of lucky

Offline Dr.Abdul

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 06:17:53 PM »
thank you bro for your answering my Q

but still i need more information about both science

and by the way I'm in UK , if that make different if i will chose one of them

am waiting for more advises coz i don't have that time to think more

thanks again

noor,
you are welcome anytime. am not from uk and am not familiar with their biotech jobs, research etc. but i would advise you to take neuroscience, challenging but fascinating. As master level student, all you have to do is this one subject and you will have plenty of times to learn and research, unlike for example, medical students who have other courses at the same time. finally as i said before, you cant be wrong with either.  good luck and Happy Eid-Fitr

Offline Noor Hargeisa

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
SIS IM sorry that I can't help much as im still finishing my last year , however , i always find genetics enteresting as im sure there wont be much Genetic consultant which is very needed in somali ppl. whot eva choose you make allah help ya. plz be there to advice me insha alaah next yr wen im ready to do my MSC. all the best.

P.S by the way which uni you go to ? 

I know that genetics is entersting field to study , and i think neuroscience as well,

i thought neuroscience more useful in my country coz i found there many ppl were crazy , so they need neuroscience consultant i think

both are intersting and hard.
i hope i will find someone with experience to tell me more information

thinks sis  inshallha i will be here next year for you :)

Offline Noor Hargeisa

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 11:56:09 PM »

[/quote]

noor,
you are welcome anytime. am not from uk and am not familiar with their biotech jobs, research etc. but i would advise you to take neuroscience, challenging but fascinating. As master level student, all you have to do is this one subject and you will have plenty of times to learn and research, unlike for example, medical students who have other courses at the same time. finally as i said before, you cant be wrong with either.  good luck and Happy Eid-Fitr
[/quote]

I got your point bro ,  thank you

happy Eid to you