Medical Student Forums > I want to Study Medicine

Study Medicine in Uganda

<< < (2/2)

Dr.durman:
KAMPALA INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY.

KIU welcomes application from suitably qualified candidates who would have attained the age of 16 years at the date of registration and completed senior secondary school, its equivalent.

The Western Campus primarily houses the medical, paramedical, and pure science departments. Also, some Faculty of Education programs are run at the Western Campus.

A)   DEGREE  PROGRAMS BY DIRECT ENTRY   
1    Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB)  -  5 ½ years   
2    Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharm)  -  4 ½ years   
3    Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (BNS)  -   4 ½ years   
4    Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)  -  5 ½ years   
5    Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine and Community Health (BSc.CMCH)  -  4 ½ years   
6    Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)  -  4 ½ years

Minimum Entry Requirements       
a)Those who have done Advanced Level School Certificate must have 2 principal passes in   
     i) Biology and Chemistry for courses 1 to 5
    ii) Any two of the following: Chemistry/Physics/Mathematics/Biology for program 6.

b) Kenyans who have done Ordinary Level School Certificate only, (KCSE) must have
    i) Minimum mean grade of C+  ii)C+ in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and/ or Physics and English. Upgrading in any one or two of these subjects may be accepted.

c) Holders of School Certificates graded in percentages and average points (e.g. Sudan, DRC etc) will be considered after Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) has standardized their results.     

B) DEGREE  PROGRAMS BY EXTENSION   
Bachelor of Pharmacy (for holders of Diploma in Pharmacy or its equivalent )    3 Years   
Bachelor of Nursing Sciences (for holders of Diploma in Nursing or its equivalent)    3 Years   
Bachelor of Science in Clinical Medicine and Community Health (for holders of Diploma in Clinical Medicine or its equivalent)    3 Years   

a) Relevant Diploma in which the average pass level of the diploma courses was  a credit and above.
b) Registration with relevant professional councils of home country where applicable     

C) DIPLOMA PROGRAMS BY DIRECT ENTRY
Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health (DCM)  -  3 Years   
Diploma in Nursing Sciences (DNS)  -  3 Years   
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)  -  3 Years   
Diploma in Dentistry (Dip. Dent)   - 3 Years   

a) Those who have done Advanced Level School Certificate must have one principal pass and two subsidiary passes in the following: Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics/General Paper

b) Those who sat Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) must have
     i) a minimum of mean grade of C plain
    ii) C plain in Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics and/or Physics, English/Kiswahili.

Upgrading is allowed in one or two subjects 

D) DIPLOMA PROGRAMS BY DIRECT ENTRY   
a) Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health (DCM)  -  3 Years   
b) Diploma in Nursing Sciences (DNS)  -  3 Years   
c) Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)    3 Years   
d) Diploma in Dentistry (Dip. Dent)     3 Years   

a) Those who have done Advanced Level School Certificate must have one principal pass and two subsidiary passes in the following: Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics/General Paper

b) Those who sat Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) must have:
    i) a minimum of mean grade of C plain
    ii) C plain in Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics and/or Physics, English/Kiswahili.

Mohamed Salat:
for those who have been in uganda . I need your help concerning life out there and the challenges faced while being amedical student

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version