Author Topic: Study Medicine in USA  (Read 70687 times)

Online Admin

• Administrator
  • Towards a better peaceful and healthy life!
    • Somali Medical Association
Study Medicine in USA
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:30:05 PM »
Members studying or working in USA are requested to give any useful information to our members whom are willing to join them.
Any information you give here, will be helpful to your brother.
Regards
Dr.Mahdi

"you never cure a patient, you treat pain often but you always comfort the patient."
www.somalidoc.com

Offline Aziza

• glad to be Muslim
Re: Study Medicine in USA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:02:23 AM »
hello,,,,, I am Somali stud in USA in region.  And I am study radiology in UW... at 1st year, my name is suad if there’s any person that wants talk about this particular topic welcome to the list, I anticipate that I  will see more Somali girls who live USA. Hopefully there’re more Somali stud, in my SCH… but, ain’t  in this site.   

Thanks
waxaan jeclahay in aan la hadlo dadka somaliga yaqan if you like to speake English that is fine, but always practice your language and your culture, not try to be smart with me.

Offline Ilhan

• time is like a sword if u dont cut it it will cut
Study Medicine in USA
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 08:15:46 AM »
salaam every one. i always thought about becoming a doctor soo i decided to study biochemistry but i just started college i am a freshman just graduated from high school. so i thought by registering here that it would keep me motivated. ^O^
Ilhan

Offline Ahmed_07

• dr.ahmed
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »
salamu calaykum wr wbrkth.
Drs aziza i wanna ask u 1 questoin sis, if u dont mind t reply me
 if i wanna make specalist in USA ,and i done my post garduate an other country espicaily like UKRAINE , can got it ? if u have any information baout dat , tell me plz .
 am waitin ur reply sis

best wishes .

dr.ahmed                                         
ilahow wadankeena dawlad nabadi iyonadamkii u laha uso celi amin.
One Love Somalia

Offline Kassim

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 02:13:25 AM »
Asalaamu Alaikum Ahmed
How r u doing bro.
Regarding ur question.
marka ugu horeyso, qof kasto oo doonayo in ka shaqeeysto ambo postgradute ku sameeyo USA waa inuu USMLE exam uu ku baaso. USMLE waa 3 step, waxeeyna lamid yihiin undergradute exam.
so u have to pass step1, step2 which has two part (clinical knowledge and clinical skills) and step 3. after that you apply a residency which is a postgraduates, u can apply any postgraduate field you like, bearing in mind the most competitive field such as Surgery, Radiology, neurosurgery and dermo etc to get these specialization ur score have the 99s.
u said u have already done ur PG in Ukraine, unfortunately you have to repeat that, because the USA does not recognize any specialty done outside the US.  Even if you a postgraduate from UK. They don’t care which country u did ur postgraduate, u have to repeat it.
Hadaad u baahantahay wax kaloo saa id ah ila socodsii.

Kassim
???????? ??????????? ????????? ?? ?????? ??????? ??????

Offline mo.i

• CURRENTLY DOIN MY LAST YEAR OF GCSE'S
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:16:02 AM »
Salaam

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A PODIATRY GRADUATE FROM THE UK WTH A PODIATRY BSc (HONS) TO WORK IN THE USA WITHOUT HAVING TO SIT AN EXAM, U MIGHT HAVE TO SIT TOEFL EXAM I THINK????
NOTE: IN THE UK A PODIARIST ISNT A 'DOCTOR OF PODIATRIC MEDICINE' AND ISNT GIVEN THE NAME DPM

COULD YOU HELP BROADEN THIS FOR ME?

GOD BLESS YOU

Offline Binuciise

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2008, 10:41:05 PM »
waad  mahadsantihiin  dhamaan waxaan  jeclaan lahaa  in aad  ii jawaabtaan   sidee baa  wax loo  bartaa   ama  soomaalidu  wax  oga barataa  u s a  mar  hiddii ay  kufara  badteen ?

Offline Ahmed_07

• dr.ahmed
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 07:32:48 PM »
wcs KASHIm shukran jazilan brd caziz 4 da information u gave me
One Love Somalia

Offline mpenzi

Re: Study or work in USA
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:15:57 PM »
Hi folks,
Am taking my pre-  for radiology any advice for me?

Offline Inspiringmed

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 03:40:44 AM »
Salamz,
I am a first year medical student. Aziza, i had a question for you.  Are you doing your residency in radiology? Mashallah, thats awesome, did you go to medical school in UW (is that university of Washington?), If so, do you recommend a rotation there?
let me know,
nice to see other somali female docs :-)

Offline pa-c-student

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 09:40:50 AM »
G'day everyone.. I'm a student here in the states studying to be a Physician Assistant, there are some individuals who would like to work in the medical field yet may not want to take the route of going to me school. PA's (Physician Assistants) are part of the medical team and diagnose patients as well as prescribe meds, this is a field that has been around the states for close to 50yrs. Both Canada and the UK are starting their first PA program this year while Australia is still researching this new position. I just wanted to share this info as it may help someone out. Please check out the following site for more info
www.aapa.org

Best Wishes!
pa-c-student!

Offline H_omar

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 09:29:42 PM »
Hello!
I'm a Canadian Science student interested in studying medicine in the states. I was wondering if there are any Canadian students who are attending schools in the states. I live in Ontario and unfortunately my OSAP won't cover my American tuition fee, so I was wondering is there other ways to finance your education? Because I notice that Canadian students are not eligible for finiancial aid.
Thanks

Offline Rawdacadeey

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »
salaamu calaykum all of u , salaan ka dib walaalaha ku nool usa , waxaan jeclaan lahaa inaan ogaado sida ay somalida medical uga bartaan usa , sababtuna waxay tahay , waxaan maqlay in dawlada usa aysan siin gabdhaha wax scholarshib ah oo dhinac medical ka ah , marka sidee u dhigataan , ma self finance ?

bal iga jaahil bixiya waayo self finance waa qaali in usa oo waa lacag badan , marka sidee wax yihiin ?

thnks .

Offline Phi

• وَعَجِلْتُ إِلَيْكَ رَبِّ لِتَرْضَى
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 06:05:52 AM »
Aslamu Alikum All,
My name is Fatuma Yasin. I'm a senior at GMU where I'm studying Biology and English. Inshallah, I'll be applying to medical school this cycle. Although I was born and raised in the US, I had the opportunity to (finally) visit Somalia two years ago and I have to say that I absolutely fell in love. Despite the many years of war, it's one of the most beautiful places on earth and there's something to be said about being in country and surrounded by people you can honestly call your own. As a Somali youth, I feel like it's my responsibility to be invested in the future of my country and, in my case, I believe medicine is the best way to achieve that goal. If there are any high school or college students on here who have questions about the US pre-med and med school process, I'm more than willing to help so don't hesitate to ask!
Say: Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are (all) for Allah, the Lord of the worlds. (6:162)

Offline Dr.Abdul

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 06:34:35 AM »
hello, bros and sis, Am second year med student...any one who needs infor on preparing the MCAT, application process or any other pressing question, am willing to chip in. if you are high school or even grad school and trying to change your career....you are welcome too!!
Thx!!

What is "BONDING" means in Medicine?

Started by AdminBoard Cudurrada Haweenka

Replies: 0
Views: 30540
Last post April 07, 2008, 06:33:24 AM
by Admin
Muxuu yahay "Internal Medicine"?

Started by AdminBoard Clinical Rotations

Replies: 0
Views: 45086
Last post February 11, 2007, 12:34:45 PM