Author Topic: Study Medicine in Egypt  (Read 78983 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Towards a better peaceful and healthy life!
    • Somali Medical Association
Study Medicine in Egypt
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:35:36 PM »
Members studying or working in Egypt are requested to give any useful information to our members whom are willing to join them.
Any information you give here, will be helpful to your brother.
Regards
Dr.Mahdi

"you never cure a patient, you treat pain often but you always comfort the patient."
www.somalidoc.com

Offline MISK

Azhar University
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 03:34:03 AM »
Anigu waxaan ahay ardayad caafimaad oo joogta wadanka masar arday aad ubadan baa dhigta laakiin anigu waxaan dhigtaa jaamicatul azhar waxaana ahay ardayada kaliya oo dhigata caafimaadka azhar waayo loomaogola qof aanan masri eheen ilaa  hadii oo daragad aad u saraysa oga baxo iskoolada azhar oo safaaridiiso rashaxdo waxaan dareema kalinimo laakiin arday aad u badan baa dhigata jaamacada qaahira iyo cayn shams oo ah jaamacado lacaglaan oo minxa lagu galo  iyo jaamacada 6th octoobar oo lacag ah labada jaamacadood qaahira iyo cayn shams waxay aqbashaa sanad kasta arday aad u badan  waxaana laga xareeyaa safaarada soomalida  minxana iyagaa bixiya shahaadadaha somaliya laga qaatana way aqbalaan
laakiin azhar ma ogola taas there is no other somali in alazhar medicine.
مسك الختام

Offline Bent Seren

Re: Study Medicine in Egypt
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 08:59:25 PM »
I am Azhar student

Studying medicine in Egypt recuires 7years

the last one is 4 training

what else u want to know???

Offline Xaasid

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 03:45:00 PM »
Im currently a first year studying in a private university just outside Cairo called "6th October University" having completed A-levels from England.

The way the system generally works in Egypt is:

You study for 6 years at your choice of a university - mind you, foreigners hardly get admitted to Al-Azhar University.

You are required to complete a one year clinical setting (training) at hospital - This can be carried out ANYWHERE in the world and not only in Egypt. I think the completion of this "housemanship" gives you registration with the Egyptian Medical Board as you are given your degree MBBS upon completion of the 6 years.

• Years 1-2 are as usual "Basic Sciences" - Physiology, Histology, Biochemistry, Psychology etc. You also have small clinical sessions with doctors once a week for 3 months.
  • Year 3 is what we call "Pre-Clinical" - (Pathology and Pharmacology etc)
  • Year 4-6 is all "Clinical" - The juicy stuff like Surgery, Opthalmology, Community medicine etc.

The good thing about Egypt is that most (im not sure if all) are WHO accredited meaning you are eligible to do the PLAB exam upon completion. If you are a Norwegian citizen the PLAB is NOT required and you may apply for registration (to work in the UK). I think this goes for anyone with EEA/EU citizenship wanting to work in the United Kingdom. Im sure the same applies for other European countries.

Oh, forgot to say- The course goes out in English along with the book/materials and exams, however, you may find some professors are not so keen on their English leve, talking a bit too much in Arabic but its good enough. You could always take private tuition which is inexpensive, especially around the Cairo area.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need any more information regarding university/study in egypt.

Hope this helps.

Offline Garaad

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 02:57:51 AM »
Xaasid, actually the PLAB is required for all graduates from Non-EEA universities. So if you're going to be practising in the UK unfortunately you will have to sit the PLAB and join the groups of many unemployed doctors from the indian subcontinent. UK is not great for NON-EEA trained doctors thesedays. Each country has different system and I'm writing about the General Medical Council of UK requirements. Norway may be completely different case though!

Online Dr.Habiib

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 05:33:19 AM »
asc
dhamaan bahda caafimaad waan idin salaamay .
marka ugu horeysa wax barashada caafimaad masar waa mid aad u sareeysa  waana manhajyad ugu adag .
qaab ahaan qaabka iyo sytemka waa nooca loo yaqaano (regional).
darasada sanadkii waa 10 bilood ( 7 bilood waa daraso . 3 biloodna waa exam)
imtixaanka qaabka loo qaada waa nooco loo yaqaano secondariga sida sanad ugu danbeeye ee schoolka .
malahan simister sanadka dhan waxaa la qaada imtixaan final ah oo la galo bisha may. june. julley.
waxaa jira wax la dhaho acmaalu sanah oo janaury la galo oo 20% oo u dhiganta mid term.
 barasha caafimaadka dalka masar waa 7 sano oo daraasa ah afarta sana ee ugu horeysa waa kiiba waa sanad, lakiin sanad shanad iyo kan 6 kiiba waa hal sano iyo bar darasada.
madooyinka sanadka kowaad waa sida tan:
1. ANATOMY  waxaa lagu saxaa 250 darago.
2. PHYSIOLOGY1 waxaa lagu saxaa 250 darajo.
3. histogy1 waxaa lagu saxaa   150 darajo.
4. BIOCHESTERY1 waxaa lagu saxaa 150 darajo.
maadooyinka sanad labaad waa sida tan:
1.ANATOMY2 waxaa lagu saxaaa 250 darajo.
2. PHYSIOLOGY2 waxaa lagu saxaa 250 darajo.
3. histogy2 waxaa lagu saxaa 150 darajo.
4. biochemistery2 waxaa lagu saxaa 150 dajo.
 sidas ayey darasda ku socataa waa sadex  marxalo:
1. marxalada kowaad waa labo sano
2.marxada labaad waa 1 sano ( sanadka sadexaad )
3. marxalada sadexaad waa 3 sano waxaa loo yaqaana (clinical)
 waxaan idin dhaafayaa sida iyo is xiriirin wacan dhamaan bahda caafimaadka.
                                                     cairo university
                                                    faculty of medicine
                                                    kasri alainy
Ethical principles of medical professionalism:
1. Beneficence: to do good to patient.
2. Non maleficence: not to harm the patient.
3. Justice: to be fair to all patients.
4. Respect for autonomy: free decision for the patient

Offline Amran

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009, 04:04:12 PM »
garaad ur wrong... on my A&E rot. I met a dr who studied at some college in Dubai and didnt have to sit any exam whatsoever...

Offline Mandeq

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2009, 06:18:15 PM »
Miski mashaa alaah well done we so proud of ya , i hope allah will help you to pass with a good class, any how  CAN SOME 1 TELL WHAT ARE THE ENTERY REQUIREMENTS TO DO MEDECINE IN EGYPTY? AND IF YOU GOT ANOTHER DEGREE SUCH , BIOMEDICAL , OR BIO CHEMISTY CAN YOU STILL GO THROUGH ?

KIND REGARDS

Offline Dr.Han

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 05:22:40 PM »
alsalam alikom .............
Im dr.han from egypt . I m studing at ALAZHAR UNIVERSITY .
our study is about 6years and another training year in hospitals.

Offline MISK

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »
اهلا وسهلا يا دكتورة انا معاكي ازهرية
مسك الختام

Offline Xaasid

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2010, 04:02:22 AM »
Xaasid, actually the PLAB is required for all graduates from Non-EEA universities. So if you're going to be practising in the UK unfortunately you will have to sit the PLAB and join the groups of many unemployed doctors from the indian subcontinent. UK is not great for NON-EEA trained doctors thesedays. Each country has different system and I'm writing about the General Medical Council of UK requirements. Norway may be completely different case though!

Emailed the GMC couple of times and even phoned them. Its simple, if you are an EEA citizen (passport/nationality holder) then you are NOT REQUIRED TO SIT THE PLAB EXAMS AS LONG AS YOU QUALIFY FROM A GMC accepted university, thats according to the avienna directory or UN directory (one of the two). Infact, banadir university is on that list so technically if I studied there then I would not need to sit any exams being a norwegian national (falling into the EEA category). Whats funny though is a British UK Citizen would have to sit the PLAB if he or she studied outside the EEA....owned if you ask me xD

P.S Im now a third year at O6U (October 6 University) so if anyone needs to ask any questions hit me up :)

Offline Flowers04

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 05:46:37 PM »
hey guys asslaamu alaikum,
                 i've finished my MD general medicine(equivalent to MBBS) at Yerevan State Medical University, Republic of Armenia, Eastern Europe. now i would like to  do my post graduation in egypt could someone guide me which university will be good to do and also about the expense of study?

Offline DANGO

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »
Which is the BEST medical university in Egypt, either private or public?  And, does any university in Egypt offer MD degree instead of MBBS?  Thanks.

Offline Yara Hosny

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »
salamalkum, i have a couple of  questions and concerns, i hope somebody can help me! my first question is i studied high school in america and i i would like to take college in egypt, i would like to study medicine. i am egyptian, so what are the requirements to get into a university? my second question is, what is the best university for medicine, out of these three colleges octeber 6 university or cairo university or al azhar university? and is al azhar university a private college or public? my last question is do i ahev to take the sanaweya amaa in egypt if i want to study medicine in egypt? please someone answer me question i would really appreciate it, thank-you!

Offline MedCrazy

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 03:42:00 AM »
can anyone tell me the tuition fees for studying in egypt as i am considering to go their for study.... Also the Best Unis...

What is "BONDING" means in Medicine?

Started by AdminBoard Cudurrada Haweenka

Replies: 0
Views: 30621
Last post April 07, 2008, 06:33:24 AM
by Admin
Muxuu yahay "Internal Medicine"?

Started by AdminBoard Clinical Rotations

Replies: 0
Views: 45210
Last post February 11, 2007, 12:34:45 PM
by Admin