Author Topic: Why Medicine?!  (Read 104204 times)

Offline Xaasid

Re: Why Medicine?!
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 03:50:16 PM »
Its nice being able to help a fellow human being but I would estimate 90% less doctors in the world if lets say the highest pay for a doctor was $30,000 a year....dont you agree  ;D

Offline Terror man

• و من يتق الله يجعل له من امره يسرأ
    • MUSLIM DOCTORS
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 02:56:30 PM »
first salaam 4 alll members  is there any question abaut that doctors helpp ilness people so if we there any doctors in whole world people can be worried baut there life and can be disapointed so i say 4 strongly announcements doctors r important 4 humanbeing at the second there another important is religious if the person r out of religious is like blind person as we hear in holy quran when i say religious i dident mean all religious but i mean islam religiouus so the two things r health and religion so am i i prefer to study medicine  there many important but if the person don have health i think that person is setisfied his life but he's disapointed  so doctors can play important rule in the sociate  and that is the end    i wiling good 4 any planes             by terror man
فليحد ر الد ين ن يخالفون عن امره ان تصيبهم فتنة او يصيبهم عداب اليم

Offline Potentialmedic

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 03:58:53 PM »
asalamu alaykum everyone,
firsty i would like to thank dr.mahdi for the thread.
i need urgent advise regarding the bmat and ukcat tests and how to prepare for them (are the courses available worth going to ie. r they scams? and are there any good resources(books,websites,courses etc) available to prepare for it ?). also i need to know which medical schools i should consider applying to (although i already have some firm choices i would like to benefit from more experienced opinions).
thanks and sorry for going of topic. i really need replies urgently!
walaykum asalam everyone.
ahmed.

Offline Amran

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
I am sorry noone replied to your thread Ahmed.

I wouldn't know to be honest, I applied and got in, before this UKCAT and whatever stuff. There alot of medical forums from the UK http://www.admissionsforum.net/ is one of them.

As for which med schools you should apply to, have atleast 1 or 2 medschools on your list,which are less oversubscribed if that makes sense. It is extremely difficult to get in to med at the moment...InshaAllah hope you get into your choice and above all qadr Allah....whatever He decrees you say Alhamdullilah

Salaam

Offline Mandeq

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2009, 11:12:27 AM »
Its funny , but there is more than 350 0other professionals in a health filed that can get you a decent job in the NHS , if we all apply for medicine i think we will still lack some of that other professions , and I'm sure indeed we will need that other experiences at back home..don't you guys agree?

Offline Bellevue

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 06:49:51 AM »
I just discovered this forum while searching for somali forums and I had to join! I am a Med applicant and it's good to know that there are other somali students also applying.  ;D Am not very optimistic about my chances though due to the little relevant work experience I've done prior to sending my application. I rang up different departments of my local hospital and GPs so they can take me for work experience but it was to no avail. :'(

Offline Mapoc

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
Well it was father's  dream to see me as a doctor.so i want to fulfil it.

Offline Cathyv

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 01:55:44 PM »
To treat pain,To cure a patient,To comfort the patient and to fulfil the fathers dream.

Offline Axlam

medical is the best thing i thought of my life,it works
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »
 8) assalamu aleikum all my muslims brothers and sisters.
am axlam , i live in united state of america i just find out this websites the som medical association while going through some other stuff,am so happy to see somalis are doing well with this hope one day we will be doctors in our own country and help our people inshalah. iam currently a senior,and would like to go for medical which was my dream inshallah,whoever made this websites idnt know ist doctor mahdi?  ???is really doing good and i hope you educate us with the experience you got in the medical field. thankx to all.
salamu aleikum ;D

Offline Guled1

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 05:09:34 PM »
You are welcome to Somalidoc..... We hope to see your contributions to the forum...Make it grow

Offline Brian Cowen

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 09:41:26 AM »
Hello guys....!
Thank you for your useful information.I like this kind of post which tell us much wander full massage. ...!

Offline Jenmserve00

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 09:07:40 AM »
If you plan to take up medicine, you should not only do it for the money. If you do, then the help you give your patients later on will be solely motivated my the money you will earn.
Ligase helps in the repair of several biological molecules like DNA.

Offline MunaCaisha

• Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence -
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2011, 12:19:24 AM »
I chose medicine because it is a blessed field in the sense that it is good for your aduunyo and aakhiro- plus helping people In need is a reality check for you as It reminds you of how vulnerable human beings are, and that It could be us in that position, so it keeps you humble..- If the money doesent make you arrogant..lol
Anyway, thats my opinion.
Haybad waxaad ku leedahay dhulkaaga hooyo.

Offline drishak

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 10:23:18 PM »
simply kind of complex purpose to learn medicine according to me to serve humanity , help my beloved country nd of course a good earn to facilitate my life ....
ishak

Offline Brown11

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 09:29:00 AM »
I could answer why medicine interests ME, but they want to know why YOU are interested. Interviewers will pick your answers apart. If you can't follow through, you won't get past the interview.

What is "BONDING" means in Medicine?

Started by AdminBoard Cudurrada Haweenka

Replies: 0
Views: 30505
Last post April 07, 2008, 06:33:24 AM
by Admin
Muxuu yahay "Internal Medicine"?

Started by AdminBoard Clinical Rotations

Replies: 0
Views: 43746
Last post February 11, 2007, 12:34:45 PM
by Admin