Author Topic: Why somali people see the pharmacy as store and the pharmacist as good seller  (Read 34092 times)

Offline Gambool

let me first great you awhole hearted greating from my chest, peace and mercy of allah be upon you bro and sisters....
    after that have we asked our self before this time why somali people see the pharmacy as store ,and the pharmacist as a good seller????????????
  since we know that in our country the pharmacies are like stores there is no doctor of pharmacy there is no roles of pharmacy ,only give me the money and take this ,i dont know what it is, but only you eat i think you will recover soon... that is what those in the pharmacy say every day to the patients, they dont care the condition of the patient , the dose , the prescription letter ,the age of the patient , is this drug is suitble for him or she?????
 no resposibilty at all ....... no care ............ no health education........
  as we know to day the drugs in somalia   altered ,to OTC ( drugs over the conter)  so why and how can we alter this condition bro and sis ......

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
Nothing can be done as long there is no health regulation, licensing authority and pharmaceutical control division where these pharmacies operate.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Ikram

I accept your whole hearted greeting and return one back to you insha'n'Allah.

I am ashame to say that you are absolutely right, ....I remember when my sister came back from somalia and she being a phamacist ...it really got to her ...the careless manner they gave out drugs ....she says it was bad enough that they were given any drug for a price ....but to give out of date drugs was even worse.

But one thing she did says .....when she educated they people about it ...in terms of uses and how they are wasting money on in effective product ....people started to ask question ...as they people dont want the side effect if they were aware ...they would avoid it. So I do believe that something can be done to minimise this trade. Education Education Education.....

Insha'n'Allah with more stability .....like what pharmacist says we can establish those regulation and authority ....but we will need time and Sabr.....traits  we somali have little off.
The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions!

Smiling!

Offline Gambool

so .... if the condition is like how u suggested ...why our doctrs of pharmacy go back to home .. and try to alter this condition ...i think they can do that..... and establish regulation and athority that cares the pharmacies ...since drug is the base of the health .....
      it was last weak when i heard minester of health in puntland state ..and also somaliland saying .... when we made satatics we knew that the patients who are sick for the sake of bad treatment are more then who are lying for diseases ...............

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
Nothing can be done for now since the so called governments are struggling for their survival instead of setting up quality control unit for the imported drugs!!!!!.

No Offense but it's reality.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Al-biruni

Salamualaikum everyone. I just discovered this website. I am doing my pre-regisration training in hospital at the moment. I hope to qualify as a pharmacist soon inshaAllah and use my knowledge and skills to improve the quality of life of our people back home.

Hello Somali Doctors & to all da other Doctors from all over da world.

Started by KhatraBoard New Members

Replies: 5
Views: 31664
Last post February 12, 2011, 08:31:41 PM
by Dr.Adnan
Somali Medical Interpreter - University of Washington Medical Center

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 28776
Last post July 03, 2009, 12:11:04 AM
by Admin
"HENNA" & its Medical Benefits (In Somali: Cillaan)

Started by MuslimDocBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 4
Views: 54433
Last post September 04, 2011, 10:55:58 PM
by CilmiSabca
Health and Nutrition Program Manager ,Jijiga, Somali Region (Mercy Corps)

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 38343
Last post April 16, 2010, 01:26:09 PM
by Admin
UNICEF & Japan Support Improved Education & Health for Vulnerable Somali Childrn

Started by AdminBoard Humanitarian Aid Organizations

Views: 33419
Last post January 14, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
by Admin