Author Topic: Do you need any Tech/IT support? Custom software? hardware?  (Read 24207 times)

Offline Qurbajoog

Do you need any Tech/IT support? Custom software? hardware?
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:27:48 PM »
Maalin wanaagsan dadkiinan quruxda iyo qaayaha lahow.

Your collective effort has brought tears to my eyes. You're simply an amazing community and I wish everyone was like you.

I am not a doctor, not even close. I am a software developer, with about ~12 years experience (mobile, desktop and web.)

My question to Somali doctors and medical practitioners, specially those working Somalia is: how can I help you?

Do you need any custom software developed? Is there a technical reference that you find yourself reaching to frequently and wish was more accessible? What can I do for you?

What can we do to assemble your collective knowledge into something that can be put to use, immediately, by those in the field?

I have thought of making a digital dictionary of medical terminology; thinking pre-recorded questions, in Somali, would come handy if carried on a handheld device into the field. But you can already see how silly this is, but I am short on actionable ideas, lacking both the domain expertise in medicine and actual field experience in interacting with patients (or anyone in need for that matter.)

Another idea I had was preparing training manuals for nurses working with Somalis, both at home and out.

I have all the means to produce but absolutely no possible needs or use-cases that I know of.

Intaa waxaa ku eg af Ingriiskayga. Af Somaaliga aad baan u jecelahay oo waan ku riyoodaa! Soomaliya waxaan ka tagay anoo toban jira, waagii qabtu dhacday, dibna uguma noqon. Saad aragtaan lahjadaydu waa taa waqooyi, laakiin Xamar Cadey baan ku dhashay. Ilaah baan idinku dhaarshee, qoodhiin iyo xeradiin, bal ii sheega waxaan idinku caawinkaro, maanta Soomaali raja kale, indinka iyo wixii idinlamida moyee, malaha.

أجيد أيضاً اللغة العربية لمن أراد خطابي بها

Offline Qurbajoog

Re: Do you need any Tech/IT support? Custom software? hardware?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 01:49:39 PM »
Thinks that I can be of help include:

Custom software development.

Mapping, GIS and basic cartography (ArcGIS, Google Maps, etc.)

Simulation, statistical and mathematical modeling (SPSS, R, etc.)

Study materials for mathematics; 2D and 3D graphics, computational algebra, translation of teaching materials, etc.

Data gathering, clean up, analysis, etc. (need distilled info from sites?)

I am almost envious there isn't a community like this for the abstraction weenies  :P rigor is a beautiful thing. Or maybe this is my cue to start such a community. I will hangout here for a while and see if the mathphiles come out of the woods.

Doctor, Nutrition / Clinical Officers, Nurse / Midwives, Lab Tech & Pharmacist

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 13417
Last post August 10, 2011, 05:52:20 PM
by Admin
New member - Sleep Technologist (Polysomnographic Tech)

Started by FiiltareBoard New Members

Replies: 21
Views: 57981
Last post May 25, 2012, 03:49:44 AM
by Fiiltare
2 Lab Tech Positions in Gedo region, Somalia (HDC)

Views: 6987
Last post January 07, 2011, 01:50:45 PM
by Admin
UNICEF & Japan Support Improved Education & Health for Vulnerable Somali Childrn

Started by AdminBoard Humanitarian Aid Organizations

Views: 33418
Last post January 14, 2011, 08:17:32 PM
by Admin
SOMALIA EMERGENCY FOOD & NUTRITION SUPPORT PROJECT MANAGER (CONCERN WORLDWIDE)

Views: 19864
Last post July 20, 2011, 11:39:41 PM
by Admin