Author Topic: New members of lab students and labtechnicians!!  (Read 108514 times)

Offline Sumayya

New members of lab students and labtechnicians!!
« on: October 05, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »

Salaama Caleikum waraxmatullahi wabarakaatum

Lab students and labtechnicians welcome to the website :). Im a sister who works as a labtechnician and im also researcher i would like to know other somali laboratory workers out there, Insha Allah. At the moment im the only labtechnician/reseacher  in this website but i hope there will be more.

Other ppl who dont know about this field let me tell you little more about it.
 The degree programme covers a wide field in chemistry and biological sciences from basic studies to advanced analytical methods in chemistry and molecular biology. Graduates in Laboratory Sciences may be employed in a variety of settings such as research institutes, universities, municipal laboratories and industry. Other future prospects include marketing and management positions in laboratory technology.

The research option concentrates on the needs of various research laboratories in the fields of biosciences and advanced chemistry for example. The industrial research studies are based on the special needs of chemical industry.

If   you need for more information feel free to ask.

Offline Dr.XalimaPatra

Re: New members of lab students and labtechnicians!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 02:22:02 PM »
SALAMS SIS

YAH IM A FELLOW LABBY , I WORK  AS A LAB TECHNICIAN,
AND IM STUDYIN MEDICAL SCIENCE, IM FROM AUSTRALIA.
I AM MORE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD OF LABORATORY THEN OF RESERACH, APART FROM THAT IM ONE OFF UR KIND... ;D

P.S./....IM NEW HERE , JUST DISCOVERED THIS SITE TODAY...AND HOPEFULLY U GUYS WILL BE SEEIN MORE OF ME , SINCE ITS MY HOLIDAYS...

Offline Sumayya

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 03:07:55 PM »

Salaama Caleikum

Sis welcome to the website im soo happy  ;D that finally there is some one else working in laboratory field. Well, im from Finland that is other part of the world :). Are there other sisters and brothers who study this field in Australia?. Tell me little bit more of your laboratory technician program too. If you have sis any questions please feel free to ask.

Offline Dr.XalimaPatra

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 03:45:42 PM »
wow finland , how cold does it get over there lol
yeah sis there are bout a handful of us  in this field ,  in Australia, but mainly its sisters , i know of only one guy.
well i work only part time as I'm a full time student , and i work in the biochemistry department, for a private lab , its a pretty enjoyable job ( so it fits in well with by time and demands for studyin  )
, not as demanding as the public hospitals , where Ur on Ur feet all the time as every specimen is urgent, but not to worry we get a Fair share of hardship. ::) so how is it in the lab u work in?

Offline Sumayya

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 03:42:03 PM »

Hi! sis at the moment the weather is not that cold around +1.  It is good to know that our ppl have found this field. I have to say that im first somalian in this country hopefully not the last who studied as researcher/labtech. I work as laboratory technician in a hospital  at the moment ( you know how is it like ) but i want to go back to research field soon, Insha Allah.

I was also thinking mybe going back to school to get higher diploma but im not sure yet.

Offline Al_R_EL_Hakam

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
Hi salam

Nice to see somali girls that study biochemistry analyse usually its only somali males that study it :)

Offline Sumayya

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »

True, bro but time is diffrent now  :D
 By the way what do you study?. I know some words in swedish like hur mår du, vad heter du?  and so on. I hope i write it right lool

Offline Naims

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »
Salam aleykum,

masha allaah, its good to see ppl working in this field. I just came across this site today and I had to join it instantly. I need some advise guys, I am a recent biological science graduate and i have been finding it extremely difficulty to get a job with my degree. All the hospitals I have looked at require one to have work experience. I was just wondering how did u guys get into the field. Is there a great demand for lab students in your countries. Esp in Australia, i was considering movin there in the near future. so Dr Xalima Patra. tell me sis? is there a demand for lab techs, and also how would one go about finding one, plus do they always ask for work experience as is the case in the uk. or are they willing to train ppl? please let me know. sumaya, would i have to speak finish to work in finland?

Offline Penguin

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 07:29:49 AM »
^^ I had the same problem....only advice I can give you is call up or write to local hospitals *department you're interested in e.g biochem, cytology, histology etc* asking them for work experience...or get in touch with your old profs *if your uni was very research orientated they will always be looking for research assistants*

good luck in your search

Offline Sara

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 09:27:43 AM »
I just registered, i´m very happy to be here. Glad to see my fellow somalis around the globe oo wax barashada ku dadaalayo.
I hope we all succeed in this world and the hereafter.

Well, I am studying biomedical science. studied in the uk and moved back to sweden to continue with my studies.
Looking for a job at the moment, but as someone mentioned here, they are looking for someone with experience. I guess i´ll have to call the local hospitals and ask for work experince.

Penguin are you who I think you are?
"Oh mere" **hint hint**

Offline Dr.XalimaPatra

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »
Salam aleykum,

masha allaah, its good to see ppl working in this field. I just came across this site today and I had to join it instantly. I need some advise guys, I am a recent biological science graduate and i have been finding it extremely difficulty to get a job with my degree. All the hospitals I have looked at require one to have work experience. I was just wondering how did u guys get into the field. Is there a great demand for lab students in your countries. Esp in Australia, i was considering movin there in the near future. so Dr Xalima Patra. tell me sis? is there a demand for lab techs, and also how would one go about finding one, plus do they always ask for work experience as is the case in the uk. or are they willing to train ppl? please let me know. sumaya, would i have to speak finish to work in finland?
SALAMS
 WELL IN AUSTALIA  THERE IS A DEMAND BUT THE DEMAND VARIES ACROSS THE STATES , MOST OF THE TIME THE HOSPITALS,( ESPECIALLY THE PRIVATE LABS)  ARE WILLIN TO TRAIN SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE DEGREE , BUT BY THE LOOKS OF IT IM THINKIN YOU WANT A JOB IN THE RESERACH FIELD , SO  KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME RESERACH PROJECTS/JOBS ARE MORE COMPETITIVE THAN THE OTHERS , BUT JUST APPLY THORUGH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNEMENT JOB WEBSITES OR SEEK.COM.AU ,, AND THERES ALOT OF OPPORTUNTIES OUT .

Offline Dr.XalimaPatra

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2008, 03:46:53 PM »
I just registered, i´m very happy to be here. Glad to see my fellow somalis around the globe oo wax barashada ku dadaalayo.
I hope we all succeed in this world and the hereafter.

Well, I am studying biomedical science. studied in the uk and moved back to sweden to continue with my studies.
Looking for a job at the moment, but as someone mentioned here, they are looking for someone with experience. I guess i´ll have to call the local hospitals and ask for work experince.

Penguin are you who I think you are?
"Oh mere" **hint hint**

JUST A THOUGHT  , SINCE UR ALL TALKIN ABOUT WORK EXPERIENCE , ARE U NOT ABLE TO GET WORK IN THE LAB WHICH PROVIDES SOME INCOME AND EXPERIENCE ????

Offline Naims

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 12:57:34 PM »
Thanks Penguin and Dr Xalima Patra, insha allaah i'll try your suggestions out Insha Allaah.

Dr Xalima Patra... see the problem is, inorder to get a job in the uk, they expect u to have work experience, and it is rather difficult to get work experience in the science field. So its an absolute nightmare sometimes. I mean, I was prepared to start from a trainee position and work my way up, but even that is proving difficult. So I thought perhaps its me not having the right approach into searching for the jobs. But I will try your suggestions and Insha Allaah that will help me with my quest.

Once again, jazaka'allah guys.

Offline Mina

Medical Technology
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »
Hi i am medical technologist and i recently finished my Bsc degree and i am doing my AAB (American Association of Bioanalysts) exam so that i continue my master degree so do any one know the place i should do my master degree because it z not available in UAE

Offline Toldo

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2008, 08:06:31 AM »
salamu calaykum.

Am very glad to see a laboratory students , studying and working all around the world , i have just graduated my Bachelor of medical lab technology degree In INDIA and am doing now a work experience in some hospital , i was thinking of doing the in Gulf countries Especially DOHA - QATAR , if not possible Saudi arabia is the next option ? sumaya am very happy for u to be the first laboratory technician who started this topic and i think i will get alot of information abt u all , thanking you all my colleagues....