Author Topic: Study Medicine in Poland  (Read 83812 times)

Offline Hanna

Study Medicine in Poland
« on: October 24, 2007, 08:40:49 PM »
Here are some of the medical universities in Poland with an English program for those of you that are interested.
Some of the schools have both 4 & 6-year programs. The foreigns students here are mainly from Norway, Sweden, Germany, USA and Canada. You can check out the links I put in for more info about each university:

Medical University of Gdansk http://www.ed.amg.gda.pl/

Pomeranian Medical University http://www.ams.edu.pl/

Medical University of Warsaw http://www.am.edu.pl/english/

Jagiellonian University Medical College http://www.medschool.cm-uj.krakow.pl/

Poznan University of Medical Sciences http://www.am.poznan.pl/eng/

General info about medical studies in Poland:
http://www.studentum.com/Presentations/study_guides/studentum_com/study_medicin_in_Poland.aspx

There are some other schools as well, I'll list them later.
Now I have to go and read some biochem  :P

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
Re: Study Medicine in Poland
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »
Welcome Hanna
How many somalis are attending medical schools in Poland?
Could you give us more details about the english course?

Real Pharmacist
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Hanna

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »
Hi Pharmacist :) In my university we're only 3 Somalis, but I've heard there are more in other universities.
In total I guess about 20-30 Somalis are studying medicine here in Poland.

The regular course in General Medicine takes six years to complete. After passing the state final exams graduates are awarded the degree M.D (Medical Doctor/Doctor of Medicine). The two first years of studies are pre-clinical, having subjects such as anatomy, medical biology and chemistry, histology, biochemistry and physiology as the main subjects. Starting from the 3rd year you will have both clinical and non-clinical subjects. Most subjects are completed with a credit and a examination. The study program also includes summer holiday training periods in your home country (6 weeks). If you want to know anything specific just ask.

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 05:02:12 PM »
Nothing specific sister
thanks for the information & I am happy to hear that 20 to 30 somali medical students in Poland!.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Sara

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 09:18:07 AM »
Just registered today.. I like the place

My brother is actually studying in poland, gdansk.
Quite a few somalis....

Offline Hanna

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
Just registered today.. I like the place

My brother is actually studying in poland, gdansk.
Quite a few somalis....

Cool, do you know how many Somalis they are? :)

Offline Abdicade

• hi its me pharmacist hope will enjoy alot
    • abdicade
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »

could u plz get information regarding  M.pharm and  fees if u don't mind .......
is there any somali pharmcy student ? waiting ur kindly reply thanks .
abdifatah

Offline Hanna

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 05:57:33 PM »

could u plz get information regarding  M.pharm and  fees if u don't mind .......
is there any somali pharmcy student ? waiting ur kindly reply thanks .

Hi Abdicade :)

I haven't met any somali pharmacy students in Poland. Most universities only have english programs for medicine and dentistry, but there is a 5 yr pharmacy program in Poznan for foreign students. You can read more here: http://www.amp.edu.pl/eng/index.php?strona=4_302_1075114386&department=4&am=302&test=x302x

Offline Nomad

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 01:17:18 AM »
Hanna, how many somali students in Poland all together would you say?
And is there some kind of somali-organisation catering for your needs, or is everybody just being supported by their families back home?

Offline Hanna

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 06:27:56 AM »
Hanna, how many somali students in Poland all together would you say?
And is there some kind of somali-organisation catering for your needs, or is everybody just being supported by their families back home?

I don't know the exact number. I'd estimate that we're around 25 somali students. At my university we are approximately 500 foreign students most of them coming from Scandinavia. We don't have a somali-organisation. The somalis that studies here are either from Norway or Sweden, so they get scholarship and loan from these countries.

Offline Dr.Fatima

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
Dear colleagues,

I was myself student in East Europe for a while, as a matter of fact atleast 3 yrs I was in Poland. The reason I chose it was because many scandinavian students study in many medical universities there and the quality was estimated to be as good as british and american universities. I changed two universities Pomeranian University and Gdansk University. They both are great universities, and you will definitely learn alot of powerful medical tools then in many other universities particularty Scandinavian ones. Many scandinavia medical student when they return back to their home countries to practice their internship they receive alot of positive feedback due to they bring back powerful medical knowledge. The only negative in East European universities is that one have to learn their language in order to communicate with the patients, which I find very neccassary. Without superb communication skills one is difficult to gain knowledge of the symptoms and signs the patients submit to the doctor. There is the key, communication skills! The other obsticle living in east european country is that the country has a long and difficult bureaucratic system, and for non-european foreign student to enter Poland have to plan a head atleast a year before attending the university. Since Poland is in the EU, there have been so much relief for many european student to study in Poland. I started my studies there in 2003, and I was the first somali who studied in my university. As I moved to Gdansk, which is much more modern city the years after somali student number increased successively each year. In 2007 the number increased already to 9-10 students which was great. I have noticed that there are students in Warsaw, I know atleast 2, Cracow 1, Pomeranian 1, Poznan 1. But there are for sure more and will increase as well. So if there are some of you who would like to study in Poland, I would recommend from the bottom of my heart.. But I do warn you, the studies are extremely hard and expects that you have already some basic knowledge about Medical biology, Medical chemistry, Medical physics. You have to be determined and never give up.
Thank you.
Never forget that it is not a pneumonia, but a pneumonic man who is your patient

Offline H_omar

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »
Hello Dr. Fatima and Hanna,

I was wondering is there a lot of racism in Poland? Are Somali Students discriminated against there?

Offline Dr.Fatima

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »

I was wondering is there a lot of racism in Poland? Are Somali Students discriminated against there?

To: H_Omar
My experience the time I was studying there, progressively changed to a better study environment. In the beginning the darker students, I mean Africans, dark Indians/pakistanis, dark Sri-Lankies etc had experienced higher level of discomfort amoung the polish people due to that polish people were not used to dark people. There are both positive and negative attentions you will receive, but from my experience most of them were positive. But the bottom line is, it depends which cities you choose to study. Warsaw, Cracow, Wroclow, Poznan, Gdansk and perhaps Szczecin are the most popular cities to study. The cities are larger, but of course Warsaw is the most international, you will not often offended in public areas. During summertime, there are alot of tourist there, so you wouldnt feel "lonely" in begin different colored. Poland is a country which took part in the European Union in 2004 and it is each year achieving to become more and more international. It is actually one of the best East European countries to study medicine, next to Czech Republic, where there is also alot of international students.
Never forget that it is not a pneumonia, but a pneumonic man who is your patient

Offline H_omar

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 05:08:37 AM »

To: H_Omar
My experience the time I was studying there, progressively changed to a better study environment. In the beginning the darker students, I mean Africans, dark Indians/pakistanis, dark Sri-Lankies etc had experienced higher level of discomfort amoung the polish people due to that polish people were not used to dark people. There are both positive and negative attentions you will receive, but from my experience most of them were positive. But the bottom line is, it depends which cities you choose to study. Warsaw, Cracow, Wroclow, Poznan, Gdansk and perhaps Szczecin are the most popular cities to study. The cities are larger, but of course Warsaw is the most international, you will not often offended in public areas. During summertime, there are alot of tourist there, so you wouldnt feel "lonely" in begin different colored. Poland is a country which took part in the European Union in 2004 and it is each year achieving to become more and more international. It is actually one of the best East European countries to study medicine, next to Czech Republic, where there is also alot of international students.

Thanks for replying :) I really appreciate it.

Offline Senior21

Re: Somalis in POLANDDD !!!!!! in bloody Eastern Europe
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2008, 04:53:32 PM »
Damnn i never heard of Somalis in Eastern Europe first time ever.
 i was curious always whether there are some Somalis in those eastern european countries.
but still cant believe it really  :o
Poland is poor country lol they might have great learning resources.
you have photos of any Somali in Poland cuz all the links you gave there is not single non-white Medical student please im interested to see photo of foreign students!!
because i heard there is racism in POland    ??? ??? ???  :o :o

What is "BONDING" means in Medicine?

Started by AdminBoard Cudurrada Haweenka

Replies: 0
Views: 30506
Last post April 07, 2008, 06:33:24 AM
by Admin
Muxuu yahay "Internal Medicine"?

Started by AdminBoard Clinical Rotations

Replies: 0
Views: 43803
Last post February 11, 2007, 12:34:45 PM