Author Topic: Where do you study Medicine?  (Read 52740 times)

Offline Aziza

• glad to be Muslim
Re: Where do you study Medicine?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2007, 06:15:17 AM »
Ascwrwb, i study medicanal In USA, i hpe there are a lot of Somali people who're in medical schools specially in my State, i Hope ya all the best well-done, Thanksssssssssssss
waxaan jeclahay in aan la hadlo dadka somaliga yaqan if you like to speake English that is fine, but always practice your language and your culture, not try to be smart with me.

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 03:23:12 PM »
ahoy there,am a newbie.my names keyf n am in final year MBBs in pakistan.or shud i say hell!its good tht there is a constructive site like this one,it helps boost somali morale plus we can share ideas in this place.wat can i say abt pakistan,hmmm.its pure excruciating misery,exquisite pain!all in all ,u hvnt tasted life until uve experienced pakistan.unpredictable weather,blazing sun,duststorms,unbearably hot food or basically food crisis,home sickness,weird narrow minded ppl.n finally uve got to learn to be da monkey in da zoo coz everywhere u go ull get jaws dropping n staring like they saw a martian,no seriously.am not exaggerating,ask anyone.thts wat we call life! ;D

Offline Nomad

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 12:23:29 AM »
lol, real credit to you Keyf for enduring all of that day in day out!

As they say, what doesnt kill you - makes you stronger, so look at it as
a toughening experience.

Offline Dr.Abdikhalak

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 12:41:56 PM »
I study Medicine in Pakistan ,here in Pakistan there are a lot of Good Somali students and most of them they study Medicine. Im very happy to be with you .Many salams ;D

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 01:29:15 PM »
By the way i forgot to mention in all the chaos the number of students in my college.i think there are around 20 somali guys n we r 4 girls here.n thts just my city.there r probably more than 10 medical colleges where somalis attend n so the number of medical students in pakistan is probably the highest in all countries where somalis r doing medicine.

Offline London_Medic

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 07:23:52 PM »
looks like im the only one who studies in UK  :o anywayz nice to hear other views around the world aprt from those who are associated with the NHS.

thanks for the poll

I'm afraid that you are not the only studying Medicine in the UK. My brother and I are both Medical students, fourth and third year respectively in UK. My cousin is also a medical student in London and there are three other Somalis studying Medicine in my medical school. Add to that another Somali friend of mine who is studying Medicine in another UK medical school.

I think that is 7 Somali medical students and you of course Hana.  :D

why don't you tell those somali medics you know about this site. I am sure they will be happy to join and converse with their fellow somali medics... :-\

Offline Naomy Grace

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »

i`m in yemen (UST) not sana`a uni

Offline Mohamed

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008, 01:11:04 AM »
I am studying Biomedical Science in London. I would like to say this is a great website. Infact the best website which endeavours to pull together Somali Medical Community wherever they live worldwide. I am certain the site has a great enthusiasm and aspirations and will hopefully continue with the same energy. For me personally this represents how far Somali community have come in the western world and yet more than capable of great achievement, creativity and ambition just like other well established and celebrated communities with in the western world. Well done and keep up the good work.

Mohamed

Offline Africanq

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:51:18 PM »
Hi,

i am studying in the UK too.  I think some of us may already know each other just from the names of the unis we've listed. I wonder am I in that 7 Soomaal? LOL

Offline Nabadoonka

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2008, 12:52:47 AM »

waxaan ugu horeyntii salaamayaa dhamanta ardayda ama dhaqtarda soomaaliyeed meelkasteey joogaan.salaan kadib.
waxaan aad ugu faraxsanahay bogaan quruxda badan oo dad aan is aqoon isku keenay waxa naga dhaxeeyaana eey tahay profession.
waxaan idin xasuusin lahaa dhamaantiin in leeyswaadaarsado khibrada gaar ahaan dadka hada ku sheqeeyo.
waxaan u mahad celinyaa ninkii iskalahaa figrada lagu aasaasay bogaan.

Offline mohamed jama

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 11:38:37 AM »
sc dhamaan dhaqaatiirta soomaaliyeed
walaahi aad ayaan ugu farxay marka aan arko forumyada ay soo qoraan dhaqaatiirta/ardayda soomaaliyeed
waxaan ka sameeyaa MBBS wadankan pakistan waxaan ku jiraa sanadkii koowaad oo gabo gabo ah
run ahaantii wadankaan sanadkii waxaa ka qalin jabiya arday gaareeso ilaa 3000 oo u wada dhashay pk hadii laga reebo ilaa 30meeyo ajaanib ah
anagana hadaan soomaali nahay wax aan dhameen 50 dhaqtar ayaa noo soo baxo amaba qalin jabiya waa hadii la isku daro dhamaan wadamada caalmka dhan  waana nambar aad u yar waa waxa i murugo galiya malin kasta ilaahay ha noo nabadeeyo wadankeena insha alaah waan ka soo kabsan doonaa taasna waxaa lagu gaari karaa inteenaan yar oo xil laba jibaaran isa saarta

mida kale collegeka aan dhigto sida ay arday iga horeesay ay sheegeen waxaan nahay dhowr iyo toban qof waxaan filayaa in pakistan ay tahay wadanka ardayda ugu badan oo soomaali ah ay ka bartaan caafimaadka

waad mahadsantihiin

Offline Xaasid

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 11:01:08 PM »
October 6th University - Egypt!

We have many and I mean many somali students studying in Egypt as we receive free scholarships generally - that's for people studying the well respect government universities such as Kasr Al Ainy (Cairo Med School) and Ain Shams university.

Mines private which means its a bit more modern and not so demanding in terms of number of students but the quality is high and unfortunately so is the fees!

Offline Bellevue

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2009, 06:59:52 AM »
looks like im the only one who studies in UK  :o anywayz nice to hear other views around the world aprt from those who are associated with the NHS.

thanks for the poll

Hey Hana, I am an applicant in the UK. In which Uni do you study in? Since you've been successful in gaining a place in the UK maybe you can give me some tips.  ;D

Offline Dr.Faaruuq

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
asc after salaaam im studying MBBS in china, and there is also alot of somali brothers and sister studying in china
 SO ALL OF U GOOD LUCK
NB: NO SUPRISE FOR STUDYING MBBS IN CHINA........................................................ MAY BE  IT SEEMS FUNNY 4 U

Offline Ardayat

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 02:03:07 AM »
I'm also a med student what is your State sister Aziza

What is "BONDING" means in Medicine?

Started by AdminBoard Cudurrada Haweenka

Replies: 0
Views: 30601
Last post April 07, 2008, 06:33:24 AM
by Admin
Muxuu yahay "Internal Medicine"?

Started by AdminBoard Clinical Rotations