Author Topic: Why did U choose to be a Nurse?  (Read 69659 times)

Offline Qali

Re: Why did you choose to be a NURSE?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008, 04:04:56 AM »
I decided become a nurse because, I am really passionate about helping those who are suffering, I was specifically motivated by the never ending suffering and pain that my brothers and sisters in Somali are enduring everyday. So I feel a sense of responsibility towards ending some of the pain, and thats why I have decided to become a nurse, I have a year and half left of my studies ,insha Allah pray for me to become successful in my studies.      ;)

Offline PrincessMuni

Re: Why did U choose to be a Nurse?
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 12:43:44 AM »
alright, nice question,,
i wont say because i want to help ppl bla bla bla lol i think u guys memorized it
i wanted to be a nurse first of all to work in the hospital lol i've always loved
working there i see one family the drs, nurses even porters! lol
plus  i get to meet different people everyday, different nationalities
get to learn about diseases and most important is that i get to see
what i've been studying or reading about live! which makes me memorize everything and dua as everyone said above, its just amazing feild and i love it
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Waxbaro!

• Global Moderator
  • Aqoontu Waa Iftiin
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »
Welcome princess muni.

The term nurse originally is from an Old French, which means "person who nourishes".
So any person who nourishes someone and brings him up is a nurse and that's why every nurse keep saying "I want to help people"!
Your posts reflects your personality, so be Wise and Polite!

Offline Maya

• I'm proud to be a nurse :)
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 01:27:23 AM »
hi ..for me i choosed nursing ..coz its soo close to medicin ...it was my dream since i was in my 1st class to be a doc ..or a member of the inernational rescue team ...bt for some reasons i couldnt join medicin so i went for nursing and i never regret coz i feel sooo happy and over the moon on my duty time ..i wanna go for higher studies ...and all my friends telling me to go for medicin as i got the chance now bt i don want i love being a nurse and i wanna countinue ..

thanks for the nice Q

Offline Alima

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 04:44:52 AM »
My passion for nursing comes from my personal experience as a young child growing up in Somali has most of you already know that there is a lack of health care thus the long walks I walked with my parents in the morning and the days it took just to get to a clinic was painful specially at the age of 6. For that reason I decided to pursue nursing my education in here in the U.S will allows me the opportunity to give back to my own community InshAllah.

Offline Abdulrazzak

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 03:28:15 PM »
Nurse is a good job  most developed Countries .. Most import is to keep study the post  and Field u wanna  to be  for future ..   Am doctor of Pharmacy while i am doing house job  here Pakistan I have seen may nurses  most of they belong to Christian Family to be a suppressed non Muslim laddies are allowed to study nurse here
here a Muslim girl studding nurse is like taboo.
U very lucky keep study keep concentrate   a field like Anesthesia and Pharmacy nurse i think this will lead u more opportunity .
thanks for u  Nurse ..
Dr. Abdirizak H Mohamed
PharmD KU -PAKISTAN , Msc- KEMU NAIROBI

Offline Lovely_Huda

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 05:13:53 PM »
i wish you a good luck with ur exam caregiver,,, inshlah you will pass it!!!

Offline Ikram

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »
Question to our Sisters:

Why did you choose this field?
What are the reasons that led you toward this career?!

Waxabaro!

Why I choose to be a nurse,

this might seems abit like cliched but in my family I have always been the one to stay behind and take care of those who were sick. You could say I was like a mini mother (although that does not sound flattering to girl) but it was how I acted. I always knew I want a career that had an impact on people, however I had no idea it would be the path of nursing. In my final year of high school my teacher asked the class where we saw ourselves in 7 years time. At the time I had no idea what I wanted to be, my family had encouraged me to do something in health section which they felt was something for me. So I said “I might see myself as a nurse”, the teacher said “Really I doubt that “, I was a bit taken back and  asked” Why not” He said” I see you to be the first to be married with lots of children” and in a such a negative way, that really got my defenses up and told him that firstly there is nothing wrong with being married and having children is a blessing, if you see that as a downfall I feel sorry for your wife and children. I was so irritated with him that I again confronted him along with my friend and to our faces he said” I see all foreigners handicap and I doubt they get anywhere”

For me that was it, before I was laid back but after that insult I worked harder at my studies and I never took his rosy comment of' what a great student I was' as something other then insult. When I finish I knew I would be doing nursing. When a relative of mine went into the hospital and I saw nurse in action ….I knew I found my career path and so I did it. Children has always been my soft spot and I thought in the beginning I couldn't do paediatric nursing. However after an insight placement I knew I have found my final destination and Alxamdulilah by Allah grace I am now a paeds nurse and loving it …

From my experience nobody should tell you what you can and not do, IF YOU WANT IT WORK HARD FOR IT and by Allah's grace you will get it and as they say “Where there is will, there is a way”

So to all those who have had doors closed ...Don't give up but fight harder and find the one door that is open for you, cuz there is always one door open for air to come in, otherwise how would we breath.

Ikram
The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions!

Smiling!

Offline Ilham Abdi

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 01:58:34 AM »
Bismilaah.

asalaamu allaikum my dear brothers n sisters

I chose to become a nurse as i was always interested in medical proffesion. I enjoy helping people in need. especially people with medical problems or those recovering from operations. I love the caring aspect of nursing and the professional relationship u have with your patients. nursing is rewardable career...alwas u hav something to do... i love smile we get from the patient when go home. .. nursing is very crucial for the ummah....

pray for me i am doing ma first year in nursing... and ofcourse all other sisters the same postion n brothers too... ::)

Offline Somali Boy

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2011, 10:44:16 AM »
sc aniga waxaan ku doortay this facualty diiniyan waa cilimiga kaliya aad ku kaalmeyn karto walaalkaa oo dhibaateysan si toos ah isla markaana hadafkeyga labaad waxa waaye in aan hor mariyo nurse in somalia i iyo gabdhaha soomaaliyeed ee dhibaateysan in aan xirfad ahaan u baro insha allah for example mid wife training ee baadiyaha kunool si aanu baro good mid wife and detect early complication

Offline DEL

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »
My dear  Sister,
          Good  day!  like  you,  I  am  also  new  here in this  site. Don't  think  negative,  be  postive  always.  Focus  , Determination  and  Discipline  in  order  for  you to  achieve  that  goal. If  the  topic is  not  clear  with  you,  please  let  me  know  so I  can  help,  no  worries  I  am  very  willing  to  give  you  a  link .  Take  care  and  Have  a  nice  day  ahead..

Offline Manaal55

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:11 PM »
Asc
I always wanted to be a doctor but then i realised that it was the patient that i really wanted to help and connect with.  It took a while for me to figure out what i wanted to became . I believed that the only way i could care for the patient holistically was obviously to become a nurse. Well, this is my first semester in nursing school and i already feel that my journey from novice to expert in the field has began. Sooduceeya qaraabo ;D

Offline PrincessMuni

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2012, 11:01:02 PM »
Good attitudes Nurses, thats amazing. Nursing is very rewarding in the Dunya and Akhira as u keep on getting complements and dua even behind your back.
I always greet them with big smile and gentle touch and it really does miracles. Im blessed to be Pediatric Nurse. Now I know how to deal with all the situations and what to do incase of emergency as Im soon to be a mother my self Insha'Allah. Good luck to all the students and dont stop studying. Always keep on encouraging your self to learn more and be eager.
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Hadaadan doctor,nurse,pharmacist ahaan laheyn maxaad jeclaan laheed inaad noqoto

Started by Dr.NasraBoard Feel Free Here

Replies: 20
Views: 28801
Last post September 11, 2010, 09:23:06 PM
by MISK
IOM Field Nurse - Emergency Response to Diarrhoeal Disease Job in Dadaab Kenya

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 9008
Last post July 28, 2011, 05:45:20 PM
by Admin
Doctor, Nutrition / Clinical Officers, Nurse / Midwives, Lab Tech & Pharmacist

Views: 13423
Last post August 10, 2011, 05:52:20 PM
by Admin
Registered Community Nurse 6 Months Contract - Garissa, Kenya (Concern)

Views: 5706
Last post October 25, 2011, 10:31:05 PM
by Admin
Nurse - Health Post and Mobile Team Leader, Dhobley, Somalia

Views: 8795
Last post March 30, 2013, 11:05:06 PM
by Admin