Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

Nursing Code of Ethics in Islam

<< < (2/2)

PrincessMuni:
Sandobrosto, I work in hospital in kuwait, which is muslim country and  to be honest with you female patients prefer male doctors,
lets say its trust issues, females trust male doctors more than female doctors, that I noticed... and about knocking doors we always do that because if you put your self in their position, you pay for privacy, you cant just inter rooms... as for general rooms, there are no doors, curtain only and appearently you cant knock a curtain so "clearing your throat" or even calling patient's names sounds best option to give them privacy.
more importantly, when doctors do round or wants to see the patient, we should go with them or every staff tells her patients drs will come for round, then its up to them to either cover or get ready.

Bhersi:
I used to work as Registered Nurse one of the busiest hospital here in Australia and I some times teach and give lectures Nursing student  before I decided to change a career and become Public Health Officer. One of the reasons I changed from nursing to public health was that I do not have to choose between  looking after male pt of female pt. the reality is when you working Emergency Department most of the pt do not have choice bcz of their condition. It is true that  many women prefer male Dr bcz of believing male Dr  will give better treatment.

I would appreciate if we can have some discussion regarding to what we can contribute Hospitals in Somalia or if any one have direct contact “ my specialty now is infection control policies which is big issue in public health

Bhersi

Salaam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version