Author Topic: Can we work in Somalia as Health Professionals???  (Read 41616 times)

Offline Iman

• It's now or Never
Can we work in Somalia as Health Professionals???
« on: January 10, 2011, 04:08:11 PM »
salam to everyone ..
It's 2011 and i guess we should do something about the health sector in Somalia , first i would like to introduce myself i'm Iman ismail i studied Medical lab technology in UAE for four years and i believe i should work in my country and i was amazed by this site really i'm soo proud of you guys ...All of you are health professionals and most of you has experience which is priceless .But is it safe to work there?is it possible to make such diference! or is it such dreams?

I'm PROUD TO BE MUSLIM

Offline MuslimDoc

• Muslim then Doctor
Re: Can we work in Somalia as Health Professionals???
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
There are some parts in Somalia which are safe, you can practice in North (Somaliland) & East (Puntland) but it may be difficult for you to work in south Somalia.

If you can work in Somalia, definitely you will make difference, this is not a dream.

The country in need for health professionals who can participate in capacity building.
The Muslim doctor shares with the Muslim patient the two main characteristics:
the faith in God and destiny, and the conviction that there is a cure for every disease.

Offline Toldo

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »
asc sis iman

i'm very grateful of your interest in helping your country and your people get benefit of your knowledge and experience,,,  i studied medical lab technology from india and i came to somalia NOv 2008 and i work as medical laboratorist and yes it is safe and you can work in somalia   ,,,   bilmunasabah i live in garowe - puntland ,  we made an umbrealla which hosts the scientists and named it as MEDICAL SCIENTISTS ASSOCIATION , PUNTLAND , most of the members are holding masters and bachelor degree in microbiology , biochemistry, pathology, entomology, and many other fields.....

so we hope our fellow brothers in somaliland to do so , and as well as our collegues in south to do so , and join all the associations in one association ,,, that is our dream

so again   YES it is safe to work in somalia , we need your knowledge and experience and SOMALIA NEEEDS YOU

said abdulkadir

Offline Iman

• It's now or Never
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
Thanx to you all  ::) im very glad to hear that atleast now i can get experience knowing where im going to end up at last ... :D UAE rules we should take the exam first ...wish me good luck :)
I'm PROUD TO BE MUSLIM

Offline Mama Gaftin

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2011, 06:41:38 AM »
 SCW.

It is humbling to know that you are thinking about our country and how you can contribute.  The idea alone is worth a ton!  Until you achieve your goal, keep your dream alive, and I shall dream with you.

Mama Gaftin

Offline Jimjordan365

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:15 AM »
asc sis iman

i'm very grateful of your interest in helping your country and your people get benefit of your knowledge and experience,,,  i studied medical lab technology from india and i came to somalia NOv 2008 and i work as medical laboratorist and yes it is safe and you can work in somalia   ,,,   bilmunasabah i live in garowe - puntland ,  we made an umbrealla which hosts the scientists and named it as MEDICAL SCIENTISTS ASSOCIATION , PUNTLAND , most of the members are holding masters and bachelor degree in microbiology , biochemistry, pathology, entomology, and many other fields.....

so we hope our fellow brothers in somaliland to do so , and as well as our collegues in south to do so , and join all the associations in one association ,,, that is our dream

so again   YES it is safe to work in somalia , we need your knowledge and experience and SOMALIA NEEEDS YOU

said abdulkadir

i am agree with you.

Offline Saleeban Axmed

new members pf laboratory student
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 07:18:17 PM »
hi every one  my name is saleban axmed i am very excited to join this member becouse i am student who want to learn laborotory technology as well as i want to work with my somali people  efficienlly and effectively i am also proud to be one of the members of this union people
it would be good if we give between us alot of advice and alot of information about this important field and i saw a girl named summayah who works this forum and as she told us she is the  only  one who handles to talking the conditions that related about this field i am very grateful once again to  join finally i want to ask one question every who know must answer
what facilities that help me to learn medical laboratory well????????????/ 

Offline Yusra

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 08:34:15 PM »
welcome brother to here and lab,congratulation it is interesting field   and tiring work but if u love it will inspire u.

answer to ur question is practical with the hand........

SC Emergency Health Coordinator and Emergency Food Security Coordinator

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Replies: 0
Views: 19780
Last post November 09, 2011, 11:26:38 PM
by Admin
Best Histology website (blue histology) Try it -Esp for Students in Somalia-.

Started by Dr.AdnanBoard Basic Medical Science

Replies: 2
Views: 46532
Last post December 21, 2007, 04:19:33 PM
by Dr.Adnan
Medical Group Says Access to Medical Help in Somalia Down Drastically

Started by Terror manBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 1
Views: 35111
Last post January 25, 2010, 07:11:17 PM
by Dudieezper
Nutrition Coordinator - Merlin Kenya / Somalia Nutrition Programmes

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 36795
Last post May 25, 2011, 07:45:32 PM
by Admin
"VACANCY" Medical Doctor Based in Jowhar Somalia (100%)

Started by DrkheyreBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 30824
Last post December 02, 2011, 06:13:19 PM
by Drkheyre