Author Topic: Where're our dentists?  (Read 48434 times)

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
  • I am going back to somalia, what about you?
    • Somali Medical student's forum
Where're our dentists?
« on: February 21, 2007, 03:43:34 PM »
Where are you dental students?
the only empty board in the whole forum is here, we are waiting for the dentists to come and post their interesting topics here, but so far we have not any.
Please honor us by visiting and telling friends and posting your topics.
Thank you in andvance
Ciise Dheere

Towards a better healthy Somalia!!
Unless all parts of the society participate equally in the health process, nothing could be expected.

Offline Dr.smile

Re: Where're our dentists?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »

Salam every one iam a dental student   in Yemen its really  :'(
Disappointing to find so  little Somali dental students . why there is no interest in  Somali dentists? I think because most of the ppl who come directly from Somalia do not credit this specialty even the few Somalis who study dentistry live away from Somalia like in the gulf states or abroad
I really would like to know what do you think

regards   

إعمل لدنياك كأنك تعيش أبدا*** واعمل لاخرتك كأنك تموت غدا

Offline Nomad

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 05:18:30 AM »
I look forward to the future. Insha allah, i see a bright future for Somali professionals, whether they be academics, medics, dentists, businessmen/women, or anything else.

I'm sure there will be more dental students, but it is up to us to increase our peoples awareness of these vital careers, and our need for them. Sometime in the future, a real association for Somali doctors and dentists will have to be set up, if we want a real shot at rebuilding our country, and rehabilitating our people.

Offline IsseGole

• Global Moderator
  • I am going back to somalia, what about you?
    • Somali Medical student's forum
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
That is correct NOMAD, there is a bright future for all somali educated people, but it needs some one with your astonishing hope and faith in the future to beleive so.
I beleive that it is up to us to make our future good or bad, and no one else is to blame for our failure, if we do fail.
Dentistry is a very important subject and has a guaranteed income and continuous payback, but I dont know still why there are less somali dentists. I salute dr.smile for being a dental student, and I know my self other dental students worldwide, It is your job to make this dream come true, the dream of the somali people to get sufficient physicians.
Ciise Dheere.
Towards a better healthy Somalia!!
Unless all parts of the society participate equally in the health process, nothing could be expected.

Offline Dr mohamed

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
here we  are
 there are  alot of somali dental students
esp. in pakistan alone
may be around 15 students
  me  I am   a dentist  gratuated before  4 years
 I think  somali  will  get  soon  alot of  dentist
who  will  satisfy   the  need of  public
thougth  they  are now few in  the field
 hope  best  for all somalis esp. students

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Towards a better peaceful and healthy life!
    • Somali Medical Association
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »
Welcome our dentist Dr Mohamed to the somaliDoc forums, We are looking for active somali dentists in this forum for long time
& finally we got some
I hope you will enlighten us with your useful posts
Regards
Dr.Mahdi
"you never cure a patient, you treat pain often but you always comfort the patient."
www.somalidoc.com

Offline Dr.durman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »
hello everyone! i am a dental student in uganda,kampala.am in my third year currently and i got a friend somali who just finished,now in his internship.am sure we got a lot more somali dentists arround the world and it is very nice to get this kinda forum to bring them together. thank you.
For sweetness and decay are one root, sweetness ever riots to decay!

Offline Dr.Fiqi

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »
Assalamu alikum.

Wali in badan ayaan ka war hayn website-kaan maadaama uu cusub yahay relatively. Salaan iga guddooma dhamaan Dr Durmaan, Dr Mohamed, Dr Smile.

Dr mohamed iiga waran Pakistan, isii update ka inta Dentist ee ka qalin jabisay since 2000. Waxaan ka soo tagay waqtigaas ayadoo ilaa 6 arday dhiganayasay ilaa 10 dentistana ay dhamaysay.

Macluumaad qofkii uga baahan USA waan ka caawinaayaa insha allaah.

W/c

Dr Fiqi
BDS  Pakistan
DDS  USA

Offline Darkrose30

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 01:04:12 AM »

salam to all,

i,m nurse worked as dental assisting for 2 years realy its lovely  job i like it  more  than nursing ..

Offline Dacwa

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 01:59:18 AM »
Asalamu Alaykum Wr Wb
Here's one more.
I am a dental student in Australia.
ManshaAllah - well done to you guys for setting this up - but it is not for lack of interest that people are not joining, I think it may be that people just don't know - I certainly didn't till a few days ago.
Anyhow, it's nice to know that there are so many other Somalians out there doing Dentistry :)
Nice meeting you all and
Wasalamu Alykum Wr Wb

Offline Janine

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 03:38:13 AM »
Salam all..
well its my pleasure to be hea with all you amazin dentists...am doin dental hygiene & therapy in new zeland!
hope you all a bright future...
cheerz

Offline Najama

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »
Asc
Dhamaan waad salaamantihiin walaalaha somaldoc, aadna waad ugu mahadsanthiin webkan faaiidada leh aad noo abuurteen. Jasazaikullah kheer :)

Hadaan naftayda waxyar idiinka sharaxo, aniga waxaan ardayad hischool ka dhigata wadanka Norway, waxaan aad jecelahay inaan barto dentisrtyga. Markaas walaal Dr. Fiqi waxaan kaa codsanayaa inaad iga siisid information sida looga barto dentistry in the USA. XAGGA BUUNDOOYINKA LAGAA RABO....

Qofkii donaayo dentical student in Norway inuu noqdo, waad i soo weydiinkarataa information inataan hayo waan ku siinkaraa

Waad mahadsantihiin.

Offline Beydanfarah

This Board needs some activity!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 02:10:17 PM »
Salaamucalaykum to you all ,

May the blessings of this holy month bring you peace and prosperity, good health and wealth,and brighten your lives. I'm wrapping up the clinical portion of my studies and preparing for my board exam for dental hygiene In 4 months time insha allah . I joined this group to meet other somali dental hygienists so that we can exchange ideas and experiences. It's disappointing to know that there aren't any collaborative groups for Somali RDHs or students. There are so many organizations out there looking for educated professionals to restore our country , so its our duty as graduates to network and connect with others in our perspective fields and help these organizations with our knowledge and expertise.

Wish you all the best in your endeavors and I hope to hear from some DHs in the near future!

kind regards

Offline Mohamed72

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 11:39:30 PM »
Assalam-Alleykum everyone. I am pleased to find this forum. I am a qualified dentist from the Liverpool University in UK. Currently working in Birmingham. I am inspired to read in this forum the number of potential Somali dentist. If there is anything that help with please don't hesitate to contact me. Ta

Offline Ibnurageah

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2015, 12:40:45 AM »
Salaam to everyone,

A pleased to be part of this wonderful forum. Sincere long was looking forward to see health minded , bright teeth and health oral cavity peopl exchanging knowledge . In deed you feel happy when your ead different ideas from different part of the globe .
Am so much happy to meet my follow friends with dental therapist department , am graduate in field of dentistry specially detal therapy . I welcome all friends who are perusing g both dental therapy and dental assisting .

Best regard
Elias O.R

Somali Future Dentists

Started by AdminBoard Pre-Dental and Dental

Replies: 0
Views: 25951
Last post February 22, 2007, 05:16:53 PM
by Admin
Question to Dentists?!

Started by Dr.smileBoard Pre-Dental and Dental

Replies: 6
Views: 10666