Author Topic: Medical tests before marriage  (Read 18410 times)

Offline Dr.Noora

Medical tests before marriage
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:49:36 AM »
Would u and ur partner have medical tests?.. just to make sure that your kids wont have any dieases or illnesses when they are born.

And imagine the answer was no that ur blood groups dont match and ur kids wont turn out healthy (God forbid) what would u do?

you're the peace in my soul
that's why I will never really be alone

Dalxiis kaagamaan tagin Dalkeegoow
Dr.Noora

Offline MuslimDoc

• Muslim then Doctor
Re: Medical tests before marriage
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 03:36:21 PM »
dr.noora, if you mean genetic testing, this will be the most difficult decision parents to take..
this decision depends on whether pregnancy happened or not:

If I have learned prior to conception that me and/or my partner are at high risk for having a child with a severe or fatal defect, the first thing I should do as a Muslim is to realize that this is Qada wa Qadar!, then I will discuss with my partner the best suitable options we have, one of the options is to stop conceiving, other is to do pre-implantation diagnosis which is (the eggs that have been fertilized in vitro (in a laboratory, outside of the womb) are tested for defects at the 8-cell (blastocyst) stage, and only nonaffected blastocysts are implanted in the uterus to establish a pregnancy).

If I have received a diagnosis of a severe or fatal defect after conception, my options might include:
1-preparing  myself for the challenges I'll face when I have my baby
2-fetal surgery to repair the defect before birth (surgery can only be used to treat some defects, such as spina bifida or congenital diaphragmatic hernia, a hole in the diaphragm that can cause severely underdeveloped lungs. Most defects cannot be surgically repaired.)

thanks Dr.noora, your topic remind us the importance of genetic testing.

ADVICES:
If you are planning not to do genetic testing for some reasons, take this advice: Be aware of Consanguinity: Avoid cousin marriage
The potential risk of birth defects in a child born of first cousins is higher than the risk associated with a non-cousin couple.

MuslimDoc
The Muslim doctor shares with the Muslim patient the two main characteristics:
the faith in God and destiny, and the conviction that there is a cure for every disease.

Offline Yaxya

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »
i think if the parteners love each other every thing will be easy.But it is better to make full blood and genetic analysis before u involve in relaetion with ur partener so if he/she healthy u can then start a happy releation.!!
الأسوار التي تحيط بنا عالية، وعلى من لا يستطيع أن يهدمها أو يقذفها أو يتسلق عليها... عليه أن لا يزين للباقين الجلوس خلفها.

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 09:18:14 PM »
I personally never took a blood test nor my husband before getting married and it never crossed my mind.

I would feel quite upset if my husband decided not to marry me because my blood shows some cells defect,.. but on the other side, I do agree that it is better to know at an early stage where we stand.

As for myself, unless he was an HIV carrier, I would still marry him no matter what! When there is love, there is a will...

Thnk u both Yahya and Muslim Doc for giving ur Ideas .

Dr.Noora

Offline Toldo

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 05:08:16 PM »

I thank u  Dr.Noora for the important topic  u posted in this board and muslimdoc and yaxya explained the need of that tests prior to the marriage ?

But what i needed to know is that what are the genetical tests needed to be done before marriage ? do u mean the Rh blood grouping in order to take pracaution for Hemolytic disease of Newborn ? or there are some other list of tests which are done ? rather than fertility tests and semen analysis ? and of course STD's investigations .....

My idea is the same as muslimdoc  , every thing is under qadaa' wa qadar but we should take precautions and that important tests for health check up of the partner are very important to be done ...

" LIKULLI DAA'IN LAHU DAWAA' " 

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 06:52:55 PM »
Bro Toldo when i said Medical Tests i Mented all in all wether its Genetical Tests , the Rh blood grouping or what ever needed to be done before marriage .but as u said every thing is Qadar but liked to know every one's opinion ,happy to know ur Idea ...

Dr.Noora

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »
If there is love between partners, everything will go fine..
because this is something from Allah & I agree with muslimdoc on everything he said.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:22:13 PM »
only love cant solve every thing, I dont think that u will  risk knowing 100% that ur child wont be healthy I think it will be better to Preventive والوقاية خير من العلاج thnx Pharmacist for being with us..

Dr.Noora

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 02:17:24 AM »
Sorry Noora, I was answering your second question.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
It's really sad to admit that most Somalis think about Infectious diseases like AIDS when someone talks about such tests.
Take my advice: if you are back home and want to marry your future wife, don't tell her family that you are going to test her......or ???
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 07:54:29 PM »
 ;D why diagnostic u can tell them that this test is very important and so on  ;D or u want test her with out her permition??? ,lol ..

Dr.Noora

"I would like to this to be Sticky" aka.. Medical school info.

Started by DANGOBoard I want to Study Medicine

Replies: 0
Views: 20418
Last post November 08, 2008, 07:05:19 AM
by DANGO
"HENNA" & its Medical Benefits (In Somali: Cillaan)

Started by MuslimDocBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 4
Views: 54432
Last post September 04, 2011, 10:55:58 PM
by CilmiSabca
IRC Medical Officer (Kakuma) and Nurses (Hagadera / Kakuma) Jobs in Kenya

Started by AdminBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 29987
Last post September 20, 2011, 08:59:33 AM
by Admin
"VACANCY" Medical Doctor Based in Jowhar Somalia (100%)

Started by DrkheyreBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 30853
Last post December 02, 2011, 06:13:19 PM
by Drkheyre
(VACANCY) Medical Doctor, Nurse, Assistant Nurse, Feeding Assist - MSF Holland

Started by DrkheyreBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 22145
Last post June 29, 2011, 04:43:11 PM
by Drkheyre