Author Topic: Male or Female Doctors  (Read 13201 times)

Offline Dr.Noora

Male or Female Doctors
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:13:21 PM »
When you visit a doctor, do you feel comfortable towards doctors from your gender or the opposite gender???Is it very important to you that you request for the doctor you want to see?

you're the peace in my soul
that's why I will never really be alone

Dalxiis kaagamaan tagin Dalkeegoow
Dr.Noora

Offline Dr.Adnan

• “The first wealth is health.”
Re: Male or Female Doctors
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:51:41 PM »
I think it depend on the condition. For example if you are suffering from a disorder in the genitals you may prefer your own gender.
But there is no such difference between them in convinience but you will always prefer your own gender.
**Ruuxaan Dantiisiyo aqoon, waxa daryeelaaya**
**Inuu Deeqda Eebahay ka qaday, dib u xusuusnaada**
Hadraawi...

Online Admin

• Administrator
  • Towards a better peaceful and healthy life!
    • Somali Medical Association
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 02:59:49 PM »
Interesting topic.

Every patient has the right to choose his/her doctor

Some women feel more comfortable with a female doctor or health carer when talking about having a baby, sexual health matters or when they need to have a vaginal examination.

Male patients also prefer male doctors in certain conditions (eg: they don't like female doctors to do genital/rectal examination to them)

Children under 5 years are more relaxed and comfortable to female doctors and usually they are afraid in presence of male doctors..

But there is one more thing I would like to clarify:
If a doctor is a male, they are often required to have a female chaperon in the room with the female patient. However, this is not a requirement for a male patient (if the doctor is female).
But according to Islam, presence of a male nurse or male relative of the male patient is a must.

Even when you are seen by the same gender doctor, some patients don't feel comfortable because of the attendants (eg: nurses), male may not feel comfortable in the presence of female nurse when he discuss with a male doctor.

Dr.Mahdi
"you never cure a patient, you treat pain often but you always comfort the patient."
www.somalidoc.com

Offline Yaxya

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 07:03:11 PM »
i think that a female doctor better than male doctor except when u have sexual or genital problem because female doctors are more kind and simple than males.again most male doctors are more nervous .......i like female doctors.
الأسوار التي تحيط بنا عالية، وعلى من لا يستطيع أن يهدمها أو يقذفها أو يتسلق عليها... عليه أن لا يزين للباقين الجلوس خلفها.

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:26:27 PM »
Honestly...i hate doctors...i hate going to the hospital...even when i am sick..i just stay at home...i prefer to NOT go...
BUT if i must.. i'd rather see a female doctor......
if there are no female ones ..then i will see whoever is available!! and at the end I would go for whomever is the best in a particular speciality.

Thank U Dr Mahdi ,Dr Adnan and Yahya although Yahya  this is the first time u said some thing good and u are right

Dr.Noora

Offline Yaxya

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
thanks anyway dr noora but u said "that this the first time u said somthing good"!!!.
i will try my best to write next time good things
الأسوار التي تحيط بنا عالية، وعلى من لا يستطيع أن يهدمها أو يقذفها أو يتسلق عليها... عليه أن لا يزين للباقين الجلوس خلفها.

Offline Munim

• رضا ك يا امي
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 10:27:52 PM »
Salam Jamacah
saraxatan aniga waxan fadili lahaay MALE doctors markasto ay noqoto mush bas(sexual or Genital problems ) maxa jira da'iman waxad awoodi karta in ad u sheegto si cad dhibatada aad ka sheeganaysid lakiin markad adid Female Doctor kuma siinayso ixaas in aad u sheegankartid waxyabo badan xita qaar kamid ah Examinationka in ay iska dayso aya dhicikarta iyadoo ka xishoonaysa mesha ay kashfiga ku samanayso tankale uma dhiirana sida MALE doc oo daiman xishood dumar ayay ledahay kuwa somalidana ugumasii jiranba
marka jinsi waliba waxa uu ku fiicanyahy in uu tago Same gender doc si uu mushkiladiisa sifac ugu helo cilaaj.
Education Opens the Doors

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »
Shokran Munim , ra'yigaaga waa sax may be gender walba inuu kiisa ku fiicanyahay taas waa sax inkastoo waxyaabo general ah ee jiraan oo labadaba wada qaban karaan ... Yahya ana kont bahazar matakhodsh kalamy bishakl thany shokran cala Rad a sareec. salam

Dr.Noora

Offline Toldo

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
 i think every gender is happy with his gender doctor but according to me ? when i'm healthy i would say  i like my male doctor not female ? but when i'm patient , i dont have the choice what ever the gender of the doctor is ? coz i am really sick that time ? lol

But every one is free for his decision as Dr. mahdi said.....

shukran Dr. Noora for this interesting topic.....

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
You R right Toldo low fy Marad mafish e5tiyar ma3aak 7a2 fi dy 100% w insha Allah Raby maye7awigna li Dakatrah w Mshakilhom lol

Dr.Noora

Offline Moha

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:36 PM »
it comes down to personal choice i suppose,but in most places people usually prefer experienced doctors to the junior no matter the gender...but if both are available it will be  down to other factors like the specialty,locality.....but many girls who are doing MBBS confided in me that having seen how the medical world works,they would definitely choose a MALE doctor even when it comes to gynecological and obstetric need!..i asked 1 of them the reason,and she said that she feels MEN are more patient and understanding than FEMALE doctors!! thats why i believe its down to the individual to exercise his or her own right!

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 10:29:13 PM »
yes Moha u right but when it comes to sensitive places, i prefer females, coz, i dont like the idea of a guy checking women while she can find a female doctor ...

Dr.Noora

Im somali and suddenly proud of it!! (Never seen somali doctors...before) ;)

Started by Anything 4 medicineBoard New Members

Replies: 13
Views: 32334
Last post June 08, 2010, 01:19:20 AM
by Abdulrazzak
Advice to doctors by sheikh "Mohammad Al-munjid"

Started by Dr.AdnanBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 0
Views: 21011
Last post December 04, 2007, 05:09:46 PM
by Dr.Adnan
MSF Spain Doctors, Clinical Officers & Nurses Jobs in IFO 2 Refugee Camps Kenya