Author Topic: Baby with 2 faces born in north India  (Read 7359 times)

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
Baby with 2 faces born in north India
« on: April 08, 2008, 11:07:25 PM »
A baby with two faces was born in a northern Indian village, where she is doing well and is being worshipped as the reincarnation of a Hindu goddess, her father said Tuesday.

The baby, Lali, apparently has an extremely rare condition known as craniofacial duplication, where a single head has two faces. Except for her ears, all of Lali's facial features are duplicated — she has two noses, two pairs of lips and two pairs of eyes.

"My daughter is fine — like any other child," said Vinod Singh, 23, a poor farm worker.

Lali has caused a sensation in the dusty village of Saini Sunpura, 25 miles east of New Delhi. When she left the hospital, eight hours after a normal delivery on March 11, she was swarmed by villagers, said Sabir Ali, the director of Saifi Hospital.

"She drinks milk from her two mouths and opens and shuts all the four eyes at one time," Ali said.

Rural India is deeply superstitious and the little girl is being hailed as a return of the Hindu goddess of valor, Durga, a fiery deity traditionally depicted with three eyes and many arms.

Up to 100 people have been visiting Lali at her home every day to touch her feet out of respect, offer money and receive blessings, Singh told The Associated Press.

"Lali is God's gift to us," said Jaipal Singh, a member of the local village council. "She has brought fame to our village."

Village chief Daulat Ram said he planned to build a temple to Durga in the village.

"I am writing to the state government to provide money to build the temple and help the parents look after their daughter," Ram said.

Lali's condition is often linked to serious health complications, but the doctor said she was doing well.

"She is leading a normal life with no breathing difficulties," said Ali, adding that he saw no need for surgery.

Lali's parents were married in February 2007. Lali is their first child.

Singh said he took his daughter to a hospital in New Delhi where doctors suggested a CT scan to determine whether her internal organs were normal, but Singh said he felt it was unnecessary.

"I don't feel the need of that at this stage as my daughter is behaving like a normal child, posing no problems," he said.

Click here to watch a video of the girl

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/ap_on_he_me/india_two_faced_baby

Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Waxbaro!

• Global Moderator
  • Aqoontu Waa Iftiin
Re: Baby with 2 faces born in north India
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 01:36:31 PM »
Subxanallah, inta ay ilaahooda ku baran lahaayeen mucjizadaan, gabadhii ayayba caabudeen!!!!!!!
Your posts reflects your personality, so be Wise and Polite!

Offline Dr.Noora

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »
Subxan ALlah , Hunuuda i think inee yihiin Shacabka ugu doqonsan aduunka , cashaan wax walba wee iska caabudaayaan Diintooda xataa kuma adka wax cilmi ahaan xataa la fasiri karo waaye bes jahliga lee keenaayo sure ...

you're the peace in my soul
that's why I will never really be alone

Dalxiis kaagamaan tagin Dalkeegoow
Dr.Noora

Offline Toldo

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 03:27:58 PM »
subxanalaaaaaah waa cajiib lakin hala yabina hindida haday caabudeen li annu iyaga waxii ay u arkaan cajiib ama qariib bay caabudaan .

Mar aya waxa ka dhacday magalada New Delhi ee dalkan india inuu nin somali ah ka soo dhacay dabaq 3rd floor ah , ka dibna intuu ja jaftay ka kacay oo dhaqaaqay , markasa hindidii tidhi ninkan waba cajiib hala cabudo kkkkk lol so nin aan ilahay lahayn diin asnaamna caabuda oo 33000 oo ilaah leh inuu wax walba caabudo yaan la layabin kkkkk

Offline Mysam

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 06:45:08 PM »
Subhanallah, It is a pity that now the idolators will involve in more shirk. I was just wondering these days alot of malformed babies are being born in india. Could it be due to the Bhopal tragedy?

Healthy, full-term baby after ectopic pregnancy

Started by AdminBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 2
Views: 7214
Last post June 18, 2008, 02:30:09 PM
by Dr.Adnan
Stop smoking to make your baby happy!

Started by AdminBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 0
Views: 6180
Last post March 14, 2008, 03:39:54 AM
by Admin
Baby Girl With Four Legs And Four Arms.

Started by PrincessMuniBoard Health News and Events

Views: 7200
Last post June 26, 2008, 04:04:18 PM
by PrincessMuni
Cousin couple.. Is there baby at risk?

Started by Donjones210Board Feel Free Here

Views: 7057
Last post May 12, 2011, 12:56:39 PM
by Jennifert
Su'aal: Baby yar 4 bil jiro oo shubmaya mudo?

Started by TorayoBoard Qaybta Su'aalaha

Replies: 1
Views: 4082
Last post April 10, 2016, 11:21:38 PM
by SomaliDoc