Chinese Government Scholarship scheme was established by the Ministry of Education of China in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, education organs, institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarship and partial scholarship to international students and scholars. China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) administers the recruitment of international students and the routine management of the Chinese Government Scholarship scheme.I. Application
The applicants may apply to Chinese diplomatic missions or the competent authorities in their home country. The time for application is normally from the beginning of January to the beginning of April. Applicants may refer to the relevant authorities for details.II. Details of the ScholarshipFull scholarship
Full scholarship: A Chinese government full scholarship covers tuition (or research) fees, basic learning materials, accommodation, living allowance, emergency medical care, comprehensive medical insurance for international students under Chinese government scholarship, a once only settlement subsidy and a once only inter-city travel allowance.
1. monthly living allowance is paid to the students by the institution at the following rates (CNY yuan per month):
-undergraduates: CNY 800 yuan
-Chinese language students: CNY 800 yuan
-master degree students, general scholars: CNY 1,100 yuan
-doctoral degree students, senior scholars: CNY 1,400 yuan
2. Emergency medical care is referred to as the out-patient expense generated in the institution’s hospital. The students should afford a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
3. Comprehensive medical insurance is insured by the Ministry of Education of China for the scholarship students in China against diseases and accidents. The institution is entitled to ask for compensation on the payment receipts from the insurance company for the expenses generated from hospitalizing for serious diseases or from accidental injury according to the stipulated insurance articles.
4. Settlement subsidy (once only and after registration)
CNY 300 yuan for new students whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months
CNY 600 yuan for new students whose period of studies in China lasts one academic year or more
5. Unless it is set otherwise in bilateral agreements or arrangements, a once only inter-city travel ticket(each for coming-in and leaving China)
A hard-seat train ticket (hard-berth train ticket only for overnight trip) will be provided to :
--freshmen transfer from the port of entry to the city where the admitting institution is located
--graduates transfer from the city where the institution is located to the port of departure
--Students transfer from the city where they take remedial Chinese language courses to the city where the institution of major study is located
6. International air ticketMinistry of Education of China will provide the international students round-trip or one way international air ticket based on the reached agreements, and entrust CSC to take charge of booking the most doable and economical international air ticket for the students between Beijing and their capitals. If the students take other line to China or back to their home country, they should afford the extra expenses as well as the excess of baggage.Partial scholarship
One or some of the above items of the full scholarship (once only settlement subsidy and only once inter-city travel allowance not included).III. Selection of Institutions and Specialty
Applicants may choose 3 institutions and 1 specialty as personal preferences from the China institutions designated by the Ministry of Education of China. Please check the Directory of the Chinese Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese
Government Scholarship Programme or the website of CSC (http://www.csc.edu.cn
) for details. Applicants are required to fill in their preferences of institutions and specialties strictly within the ones listed in the Directory. Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies and senior scholars are required to attached their detailed study or research plan with other application materials.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the institutions (94 institutions specified by MOEC listed in the Directory) and tutors prior to application and please enclose the relevant admission or recommendation letter if there is.
Scholarship applicants accepted by Chinese institutions will be officially confirmed as Chinese Government Scholarship students with endorsement from the Ministry of Education of China.
Finalized placements, specialties and duration of studies are in principle not to be changed.
CSC will send the List of Enrolled Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study In China (JW201) to the relevant dispatching authorities by July 31, so as to have these documents forwarded to the students.IV. Official Address of China Scholarship Council
Address: No. 160 Fuxingmennei Street, Beijing 100031, P.R.ChinaTel : 0086-10-66413253, 66414265, 66413132 Fax: 0086-10-66413255 Http://www.csc.edu.cnE-mail
: email@example.comAPPLICATION FORM FOR CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP