Salaam and Ramadan Mubarak,
I am interested in studying medicine in China. I have both my bachelors and Masters in Biological Sciences and have this unwavering desire to study medicine. I am a U.S. citizen and wanted to study abroad, specifically China and have few questions:
1. Is there an entrance exam like (the MCAT in the U.S.) required to get into Medical school in China?
2. How long does it take to become an M.D.(medical doctor)?
3. What types of exams are taken and how many through out your studies?
4. If I wanted to be a pediatrician, when do I pick my specialty and how long is clinical rotation and do you get paid during that time?
5. If I already have a masters degree in science, will the duration be shorter, accelerated?
6. Which are the best medical schools, (not necessarily most competitive) but best accredited, recognized, and accepted worldwide?
7. As an American citizen, if I were to go to finish med school in China, could I come back to the U.S. or go to any other country to practice medicine?
***Please add any other useful information you can think of, ie scholarships, finances, living situation, expenses, and environment.***