The University of Nugaal in Lasanod is a comprehensive institution of higher education within the Sool, Cayn and Sanaag. We aim to make sure that our students have the best possible chance of learning and success. We run higher education, short vocational training and adult education. We’ve got a really good learning centre in Lasanod with all the latest equipment, computers, presentation equipment, conducive classrooms, books and all the learning materials. So you can do a lot of different kinds of learning here at Nugaal University. We would happily affiliate all social organisations with primarily social objectives and whose services are principally invested for that purpose in the community. We consider education, training, social and environmental impact as core objectives of affiliation.
The University of Nugaal at Lasanod in Somalia received its Official Constitution in 2004. The University of Nugaal has been at the forefront of learning and innovation since its foundation 5 years ago. It is currently ranked first in Somaliland for education and learning excellence.
Today’s world is faced with increasingly complex problems that demand evermore sophisticated solutions, often dependent on the bringing together of a range of learning skills and disciplines. With this mind, the University of Nugaal has defined a learning strategy that encourages interdisciplinary research, taking advantages of the knowledge and facilities available across campus, concentrating our limited resources to greater effect.
Nugaal University’s Charter describes the mission of the organisation and the standards of the service that students, employees and local communities can expect from us. The Nugaal University, we aim to make sure that every student has the best possible chance of success. We put students’ learning first, in all we do, and the Charter is a declaration of that commitment.
It is a two way commitment lasting throughout your time at the University and will help us to help you get the most out of your stay with us. Each year we monitor how the Charter is put into practice so that we make sure that we deliver the Charter commitments.
Name of the Organisation
The name of the organisation is the Nugaal University, to be known as NU. Nugaal University is a comprehensive institution of higher education within the Sool, Cayn and Sanaag Higher Education. The Constitution of NU has been developed in order to insure shared participation and responsibility for governance at Nugaal University.
The activity of our organisation is learning. By providing high quality and accessible learning opportunities, we will promote independence, responsibility and professionalism. To remain responsive to student attitudes and interests; to provide educational, social, and recreational, and cultural programs which complement, reflect, and respond to those interests; to continue to facilitate the social and intellectual development of the student and to provide a large quantity of quality and diversified programming at little or no cost to participants, with priority given to local community.
· To represent the concerns, promote and defend the interests of academic in higher education in Somalia
· To provide a forum for professional and scholarly debate for higher education teachings
· To liaise with other bodies, councils, institutions, groups, and governmental departments and offices, on matters relevant to the education
· To unite all University students interested in learning
· To provide awareness on the teachings of the society’s values and promote our society’s interests.
· To promote and facilitate the academic, social and professional development of our students
· To establish projects to beneficially promote the human value, culture and history
· To cooperate and associate itself with other organisations that operate with the same aims objectives
· To collect and exchange information, knowledge and encourage friendship amongst our members and the wider world communities.
· To develop close ties with and support mechanisms for the larger Somali community and Diaspora
· To promote the use of the English language
By:Abdinuur AHmed Barkhadle email@example.com