RIGA STRADINS UNIVERSITY
Riga Stradins University gained its status in year 2002, however its historical roots extend to Riga Medical Institute founded in year 1950 on the basis of Latvia State University Faculty of Medicine and in year 1990 renamed as Medical Academy of Latvia. The most Latvia’s eminent practitioners of medicine working in various spheres are educated at our university.Faculties:
# Faculty of Medicine (also in English) -6 years - M.D. degree
# Faculty of Stomatology (also in English) - 5 years - D.D.S. degree
# Faculty of Pharmacy
# Faculty of Rehabilitation
# Faculty of Nursing
# Faculty of Public Health
# Faculty of Post Graduate StudiesAdmission Policy Statement:
University students come from many parts of the world, bringing with them a diverse range of academic backgrounds, experience, special interests, talents and cultural heritage. University adheres to a policy of non-discrimination in admission of students. Candidates for admission are considered without reference to race, color, religion, sex, special needs or national origin. Requirements for Applicants:
Applicants for studies at the University are accepted from age of 17. Maximum age is not limited.
All international applicants are expected to have:
* a good command of English,
* completed secondary education including two semesters or three quarters of the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Mathematics,
* university eligibility in their own country.
Students are admitted twice per year: in September and January
The tuition fee is regulated by the individual agreement between the student and Riga Stradins University. Enrolled students have to pay the tuition fee in advance for the whole academic year. All university payments must be done by electronic transfer only.The tuition fee includes:
* attendance of the scheduled lectures, practical and laboratory classes;
* attendance of the scheduled consultations held by the teaching staff of university once a week;
* knowledge control at weekly tests, colloquiums, examinations or final tests of the semester;
* use of lecture halls, rooms, laboratories, clinics and their equipment for the educational process of the current academic year Somali Students
At the moment, I am the only somali student in this country. But hopefully the number of Somali students will increase in due time and I will do everything to enroll Somali youths.
InshaAllah, that is all the information I had about studying in latvia, specially at Riga Stradins University. If there is futher questions about this topic feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer as soon as I can.
//Maslah haji Omar