General Discussions > New Members

New member - Sleep Technologist (Polysomnographic Tech)

(1/5) > >>

Fiiltare:
Asalamu Aleykum Warahmatulaahi Wabarakaatu,

Wonderful site, I am new to this Somali Medical forum.

4 yrs Sleep Technologist (Polysomnographic Tech), an allied health specialty that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders.

Thank you, Dr Mahdi and keep up the good work.

Abdullahi!:
Welcome Fiiltare to Somali Medical Forums

We are waiting forward to your contribution..

By the way could you tell us more about your field (Polysomnographic tech)?

Munim:
W.S.W.W Fiiltare
Welcome to Somali Medical Forums we R happy to see u in the forum.
waiting your contribution.

Pharmacist:
Welcome and join the big family...
Hope you enjoy your stay here

Fiiltare:
Thank you guys again,

Polysomnographic Technologist Performs, monitors and Scores sleep studies.
Patients with complaints of snoring (like my uncle) and Restless legs, Excessive Day time Sleepiness and
other sleep relating breathing disorders problems have overnight testing performed in sleep lab Hospitals.

Most people who snore loudly, gasp or stops breathing while they are sleeping may have sleep apnea, sleep apnea means (stop breathing when sleeping).

When pt consult with Doctor, they'll be send to spend the night @ the Hospital for diagnostic and treatment.

The Registered polysomngraphic tech will show his room, educate him about the test, start applying electrodes monitoring patient brain waves (EEG), patients Heart rate and rhythm(EKG), Muscles movements(EMG), breathing, airflow, Snoring, Chest and abdominal wall movements, Leg movements, and Oxygen level in the blood.

All these physiological parameters are going to send singal if any physiological pathological processes occur during sleep.

We also do PAP Treatment if patient was diagnosted with OSA (Obstructive Sleep Apnea) and we also conduct MSLT, MWT and scoring all those studies as well

It is great and I love it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version