Author Topic: Everybody, Share ur most embarrassng moments!  (Read 23842 times)

Offline Leila

Everybody, Share ur most embarrassng moments!
« on: May 03, 2008, 01:34:33 AM »
salaams every1,since we all share somethin in common i.e we're all in the medical field,there are some moments u wish never happened, so lets share 'em.i go first..here is mine.......
my experience is a couple of months old and was my first time in O.T(operation theatre).some senior freinds of mine had an evening in gynae so me and my friends in the same batch thought we could go,and it being one of those days u cant get some studyin done,we thought there was no harm and besides this could be useful for our postin in gynae comin up,so we went and just in time 2 witness our first c-section,no time wasted we put on our scrubs and entered the OT.we were like wow...we feelin like real docs.... ;D ;D
i think curiosity can be either gud/bad trait in med students,in this case,i would say bad.... :D baal maxaa igeste
After the anesthetist gave a spinal anesthesia,the docs were down 2 bussiness, half way thru the procedure i start feelin nauseous and light-headed, i look around and see my freinds calm....somethin was seriously wrong coz the procedure was takin too long and the docs were fearin fetal distress... me on the other hand was battling with my self, walahi i cant remember how i managed 2 exit that room but luckly i didnt disgrace myself infront of my senior docs,besides its bad 4 my image as a doc if that had happened.... ;D
later my seniors tod me the same thing happened 2 them...i was thinkin i was the abnormal 1. it kinda reminded me of the first day i saw a cadaver...

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
Re: Everybody, Share ur most embarrassng moments!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 01:36:57 PM »
Strong emotion. It’s why a schoolgirl faints when she sees a mouse & why a medical student passes out during his first trip to the operating room?!
Yes, this is something common among medical students and it happened to me when I was a medical student, but I left the theater when I felt loosing my control, then I come back & everything was fine.

Still doctors don't fully understand the mechanism behind this fainting, but it keep happens and goes.

Neurovascular syncope occurs when the heart slows down instead of speeding up and the blood vessels widen instead of narrowing. The result is a fall in blood pressure that deprives the brain of its full supply of blood. But from the brain’s point of view, the lapse of consciousness serves a protective function: By falling down, the victim restores blood flow to his brain long before any damage can develop.

Diagnostic

In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »
Lol.same thing hapnd to me several times in ot.infact the nurses came to knw me cuz i wud lie down in their room.hahaha.at one point i was watchin an svd n my vasovagal reflex was so strong tht i nearly fell on top of da woman givin birth.luckily there was a stool next to her leg tht i propped down on n held my head down as baby emerged.still i wud say tht isnt da moment tht mortified me.i remember tht fateful day in 1st year.we had just come out of da dissection hall.n we were al goin bk to our hostels,when my shoe got stuck in a crack on da corridor floor n i flew n fell on da floor hands down,hind quarters in da air.n behind me there r like 5guys frm my class.lol.i just gatherd myself like nuthin hapnd n moved on bt my heart was stuck in my throat 4 a while.gosh

Offline dr-awale

• i love my doughter
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »
loool, thanks to all memebers of somalidoc,second  when i was 3rd year   my collegue happened in O.T a  syncope when he was participating gioter operation, he felt down, my self i feel vomiting and nousea, after operation our prof said i was seing many times this kind of syncope occuring medical student, when i was woking in digfer hospital, no matter to the student, and dhirigaliyey to participate many operations.
LEAVE
WOUNDS
OPEN !

Offline PrincessMuni

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 09:55:40 PM »
loool thats so funny!!!
you know almost half of the class felt light headed in our first attendance to the O.T too, but somehow I didn't feel that at all.
however I felt strange when i saw V.D for the first time, its really a miracle... anyways, back 2 the topic
most embarrassing situation that happened to me is:
i was working in surgical ward, so as a student i have to take 3 patients to work with during the day, i had one patient who talks a lot, he talks too much, asking questions about nursing, how its in Kuwait
and how nursing is in USA considering that he used to live there.
telling jokes and asking personal questions, while i have to read the file
and write about his case and all.
after writing about his case, i had to take blood from him, he was like This vein isn't clear, this one is better, what is this medication for? and so on!!! i felt really upset coz for half an hour he didn't shut up and i was answering him briefly like YES , NO , THANKS , then i said to him Excuse me sir, are you the nurse?? he said no, then i said OK then would you please keep quiet for few Minutes and let me do my job.
minutes later some friend visited him and said to him  HEY Dr. Ahmed how are you?
i was like @@ OMG!
he turned out to be a doctor in the hospital and that he'll be discharged after 2 days lol , he said "i was teaching you, i wasn't learning from you....  NURSE"
 I felt THIS SMALL! and i kept avoiding him for the rest of the semester.
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Maheshsharma13

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »
greetings to all
my one is pretty embarrassing
I was posted on 2nd clinical posting on pediatrics department, and from the 1st I had learnt that calling the baby by name will make the parents and the baby comfortable
at the moment a 2 year old child was sitting on her mother's lap and the father and other members were standing,
I was with my friends and some nurse,
I tried to approach there but I didn't knew the name so i just tired to sneak into the nearby chart and saw the name
then i with open hands arms extended started calling to the baby with the name I had seen just now
I called for 2- minutes I think
just then I came to knew that the the name belonged to the mother
Everybody laughed so much and i was so embarrassed
I asked sorry but they were laughing so much, all of them that it took me almost 10 minutes to wait for the forgiveness, but the experience was nice  ;D

Offline Bhersi

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 11:39:36 AM »
Studying with Real Dead Body

One of my experiences it is bit different; when I was a second year at university we used to go the laboratory which we have to study with  real dead body  subject called life science anatomy first time when I sow the real  dead body; with in minutes I looked around and thought is it real; am I still in Somalia seeing the real dead body it took me the bad memory I had when was at Mogadishu and believe me I could not tell the difference B/W black dead body or white dead body; specially when they being in the fridge for months if it's not for years.

Salam

Bhersi

Offline Shenamic

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 03:49:08 PM »
Well, During the First day of my Anatomical Practice on Cadaver, my mind was out of control and It was this time that the Professor asked me Question, but I never noticed that he was talking to me as I was starring at the Corpse with Surprise and Astonishment. Ultimately, The Professor slabbed the back of my head. Everyone in the lab laughed,
and Whenever My classmates see me they remind me of that even, It was embarrassment to me.

41 Secrets Your Doctor Would Never Share

Started by KamalBoard Medical Stories and Jokes

Replies: 0
Views: 5895
Last post June 24, 2008, 11:05:13 AM
by Kamal