Author Topic: Hope u will all like this  (Read 3932 times)

Offline Zohrah_3

Hope u will all like this
« on: August 08, 2008, 08:10:03 PM »
Assalamu aliakum br/sis in islam.
                                                                                                                 The 8 things---Trust me u going to like it .

A Scholar once asked his student:

You have accompanied me for a long period of time, so what have you learnt?

He replied : 'Eight things'

The first: I looked at the creation and found that every person has something that is beloved to him, but when that person reaches his grave, his beloved would be separated from him. So I made the most beloved thing to me my righteous deeds, so that they may be with me in my grave.

The second: I looked at the saying of Allah the Elevated:

…But as for him who feared standing before his Lord,and restrained himself from impure evil desires and lusts.Verily, Paradise will be his abode. Quran79:40-41

So I strove against my self, repelling desires and lusts from it until it settled upon obedience to Allah.

The Third: I saw that whoever possessed something valuable would keep it in a safe and secure place, I then looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

Whatever is with you will come to an end, and whatever is with Allah will remain.  Quran16:96

So whenever something of value came into my possession, I directed it to Him, so that it may remain for me with Him.

The Fourth: I saw that people return to wealth, lineage and nobility, and they are all worthless, so I looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you.  Quran49:13

So I worked on attaining Taqwaa or righteousness so that I may be honorable with Allah.

The Fifth: I saw that people envy each other, so I looked at the saying of the Elevated:

It is We Who portion out between them their livelihood in the life of this world  Quran 43:32

So I left envy and jealousy.

The Sixth: I saw them taking each other as enemies, so I looked at the saying of the Glorified:

Surely, Shaytaan (Satan) is an enemy to you, so take (treat) him as an enemy Quran35:6

So I left their enmity and took Satan as my only enemy.

The Seventh: I saw that they humiliate themselves in pursuing provision, so I looked at the saying of Allah the Glorified:

And no moving (living) creature is there on earth except that its provision is due from Allah. Quran 11:6

So I concentrated on what was due to Him from me, and left what was due to me to Him.

The Eighth: I saw them dependent upon their trades, professions and health, so I depended upon Allah the Glorified.

And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him  Quran 65:3

Inshallahu qhairan
'Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say what is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him whenever I face an oppponent in debate I silently pray o lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me; and if truth be on his side, I may follow him. '
(Imam al-Shafi)

Offline PrincessMuni

Re: Hope u will all like this
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 02:14:01 AM »
Mashallah , Jazaki Allah Kheyr wajacalahu allah fi mizaan xasanatik
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Worldwide Somali Students: Operation Restore Hope 2012

Started by AdminBoard Announcements

Replies: 2
Views: 8942
Last post March 30, 2011, 11:02:06 PM
by Phi
Horn of Africa Drought 2011 - Give me hope that 'help' is coming !

Started by AdminBoard Feel Free Here

Replies: 0
Views: 5341
Last post July 28, 2011, 10:56:22 PM
by Admin
We Hope WHO chief's Speach Changes Something

Started by Waxbaro!Board Health News and Events

Replies: 0
Views: 6430
Last post November 07, 2007, 01:25:11 AM
by Waxbaro!