Medical Student Forums > I want to Study Medicine

Where Can I study Medicine in English outside the UK and USA?

(1/4) > >>

Anything 4 medicine:
Salaamu Aleikum

Im new here, so forgive me if this topic has been posted before.

The thing is I live in Finland and would like to study medicine. As those from Finland and others too might know, its very very difficult to get into university in Finland to study medicine. I had great scores in my A-levels but that doesnt help here.
So im very intrested in studing abroad just as long as i can study in english and become a doctore. And I didnt actually take A-levels in other science than biology and math so was thinkin I might have to take the exams in chemistry and physics later on this year if necessary.

Also if anyone knows universities that offer foundation year and dont require science i would be more than happy to know.

So brothers and sisters, thank you in advance for all the help and please please just let me know anything that you think might be usefull. I really would like to start studies this year and im ready to go just about anywhere to do that.

Phi:
WAS,
I don't know about the UK but studying medicine in the US as a foreigner is a little tricky. There are only about 128 medical schools in the US and each school has about 100 seats (some have more, some have less). The applicant pool, however, is somewhere close to 50,000 students. Because of this, schools have adopted some pretty strict cut-off standards and the first one is usually nationality. A lot of schools don't accept students that don't have US citizenship or permanent residence status. The ones that do have a couple of hoops that you have to jump through first. For example, they require you to study at a US college or university for at least a year and earn a certain number of credits before they'll consider you. Also, there's this huge exam called the MCAT (Medical College Admissions Test) that nearly all applicants have to take. It covers general biology, general chemistry, physics, organic chemistry, reading comprehension and has two writing portions. It's very important that you score well in it. In addition to this, there's a lot of outside factors US schools consider that schools in other countries might not focus on such as clinical experience, volunteer experience, interpersonal skills, etc. I'm not sure how hard it is to get in medical school in Finland, but the US isn't a piece of cake either. There are a lot of rules and regulations. Unlike many other countries, you can't enter medicine straight from high school; you have to get an undergraduate degree first.  I hope I was able to give you helpful information. Whatever path you choose, I wish you the best.

Anything 4 medicine:
Salaams Aleikum wr wb

Thank you very much for that information. USA is officially out of the listing now. :)
I would like to study medicine in english but the thing is that i do not want to study it in the UK or USA.
I would rather study in some muslim country or other smaller countries that have universities teachin in english.

Thats why Im asking for help, incase there are people here who study medicine in english language in a country ´that isnt UK or USA.

Jazakumullah kheir again walaal.

Hanna:
A.S.C walaal,

If you wanna study in english somewhere ''close'' to home eastern european countries are a good option. There are a couple of finish students at my school, so if you are interested just send me a message :)

Diagnostic:
Most universities  offer medical knowledge in english & we Somali people usually search the language option with extra options like tution fees, quality of knowledge & the life cost.

For more information about these countries with a big number of sutudents who are enrolled in medical schools are listed on the home page..

If you would like also to have certain information about each country or university check the members list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version