General Discussions > Feel Free Here

What is the best thing for a somali girl to do?

(1/4) > >>

Iman:
I think each  somali family has such discussion once, should a girl get married after having Bachelor degree or work or get Master and PHD?what do you think  :-\

I will be glade to read all your points of view

''One must work and dare if one really wants to live''
- Vincent van Gogh

Miss Midwife:
Salaam Iman, I have had the 'TALK' from my family during my degree course and I am still having it as i undertake my masters, dont sweat it, you know us somali ppl always have opinions on everything. Just take it with a pinch of salt and say what i always say 'Inshallah'.

Miss K:

--- Quote from: Iman on January 10, 2011, 04:19:53 PM ---I think each  somali family has such discussion once, should a girl get married after having Bachelor degree or work or get Master and PHD?what do you think  :-\

I will be glade to read all your points of view

''One must work and dare if one really wants to live''
- Vincent van Gogh

--- End quote ---

Asalamu A'laikum Iman, yea the famous "talk"...I think its fine to have it but what I do say is that it shouldn't stop you doing whats best for you. So, like just continue to work, or continue to be in uni doing your Masters or whatever and if something worth your while comes up. Alhamdulilah!! So I say; let the discussion continue but don't let it bother you too much. Qadr Allah. If marriage is meant to happen it shall, and if it isn't meant to...then it won't.

Iman:
Exactly !! a girl should take every chance to develope herself and increase her knowledge but it might be difficult sometimes..... but such challanges make life worth living
thanks to u all :)

Edill:
get married is an importart thing for girls but she can do both developing herself and have faimaly if she want that
No.1 family
No.2 studying

thanx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version