Allied Health Professions > Lab Students and Technicians

New members of lab students and labtechnicians!!

<< < (3/13) > >>

Dr.XalimaPatra:

--- Quote from: Naims on January 15, 2008, 05:14:55 PM ---Salam aleykum,

masha allaah, its good to see ppl working in this field. I just came across this site today and I had to join it instantly. I need some advise guys, I am a recent biological science graduate and i have been finding it extremely difficulty to get a job with my degree. All the hospitals I have looked at require one to have work experience. I was just wondering how did u guys get into the field. Is there a great demand for lab students in your countries. Esp in Australia, i was considering movin there in the near future. so Dr Xalima Patra. tell me sis? is there a demand for lab techs, and also how would one go about finding one, plus do they always ask for work experience as is the case in the uk. or are they willing to train ppl? please let me know. sumaya, would i have to speak finish to work in finland?

--- End quote ---
SALAMS
 WELL IN AUSTALIA  THERE IS A DEMAND BUT THE DEMAND VARIES ACROSS THE STATES , MOST OF THE TIME THE HOSPITALS,( ESPECIALLY THE PRIVATE LABS)  ARE WILLIN TO TRAIN SINCE YOU ALREADY HAVE THE DEGREE , BUT BY THE LOOKS OF IT IM THINKIN YOU WANT A JOB IN THE RESERACH FIELD , SO  KEEP IN MIND THAT SOME RESERACH PROJECTS/JOBS ARE MORE COMPETITIVE THAN THE OTHERS , BUT JUST APPLY THORUGH AUSTRALIAN GOVERNEMENT JOB WEBSITES OR SEEK.COM.AU ,, AND THERES ALOT OF OPPORTUNTIES OUT .

Dr.XalimaPatra:

--- Quote from: Sara on January 19, 2008, 09:27:43 AM ---I just registered, i´m very happy to be here. Glad to see my fellow somalis around the globe oo wax barashada ku dadaalayo.
I hope we all succeed in this world and the hereafter.

Well, I am studying biomedical science. studied in the uk and moved back to sweden to continue with my studies.
Looking for a job at the moment, but as someone mentioned here, they are looking for someone with experience. I guess i´ll have to call the local hospitals and ask for work experince.

Penguin are you who I think you are?
"Oh mere" **hint hint**

--- End quote ---

JUST A THOUGHT  , SINCE UR ALL TALKIN ABOUT WORK EXPERIENCE , ARE U NOT ABLE TO GET WORK IN THE LAB WHICH PROVIDES SOME INCOME AND EXPERIENCE ????

Naims:
Thanks Penguin and Dr Xalima Patra, insha allaah i'll try your suggestions out Insha Allaah.

Dr Xalima Patra... see the problem is, inorder to get a job in the uk, they expect u to have work experience, and it is rather difficult to get work experience in the science field. So its an absolute nightmare sometimes. I mean, I was prepared to start from a trainee position and work my way up, but even that is proving difficult. So I thought perhaps its me not having the right approach into searching for the jobs. But I will try your suggestions and Insha Allaah that will help me with my quest.

Once again, jazaka'allah guys.

Mina:
Hi i am medical technologist and i recently finished my Bsc degree and i am doing my AAB (American Association of Bioanalysts) exam so that i continue my master degree so do any one know the place i should do my master degree because it z not available in UAE

Toldo:
salamu calaykum.

Am very glad to see a laboratory students , studying and working all around the world , i have just graduated my Bachelor of medical lab technology degree In INDIA and am doing now a work experience in some hospital , i was thinking of doing the in Gulf countries Especially DOHA - QATAR , if not possible Saudi arabia is the next option ? sumaya am very happy for u to be the first laboratory technician who started this topic and i think i will get alot of information abt u all , thanking you all my colleagues....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version