Medical Student Forums > Basic Medical Science

Summer & Medical Mission trips in Somalia

<< < (2/2)

Hafsa91:
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and i've been wanting to do some volunteer work in Somalia since starting medical school.....
Does anyone know if there are ANY type of volunteering programs for medical students in Hargeisa???
I know that its possible to go on my own and all, but i'd much rather go as a group....
Thanks!

TZmedstudent:
Hi all, volunteering in Somalia is possible as well as at the camps however getting to go with international NGO'S can prove to be a challenge as they don't like to take on students. In Hargeisa check out Edna Aden hospital i know they accept students. All i can say is go for it i completed medical school and internship been trying to get to volunteer with some groups but now i've just decided to go out there check myself into a hotel and volunteer at the nearest hospital! Wish me luck :)

Abdulrazzak:
Dear Students

iam very happy to hear that somali students are orginzing  voluntry to help their people I realy did  when I was Final year WHO (World Health Orgination) pls contact your near International/logal Orginazations may be they wil help.
Be smart any kind of activity to somalia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version