Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

Why did U choose to be a Nurse?

<< < (3/6) > >>

Sumaya:
Going back to your question Waxbaro, i see your question is pertaining to only sisters as you said "question to our sisters."
I wonder do we not have any Somali nurse brothers?  Certianly nursing isnt only female field anymore, alhough it is still female dominated. Many men are joining nursing lately because it is  such a broad profession and not just about being on bedside.  I had good number of guys in my nursing school and they were as good as the girls if not better in nursing.

Waxbaro!:
Dear Sumaya,
I agree with you, nursing field is no longer for females although it's dominated by them
Do you know that men represent only 6% of the current RN nursing workforce in USA?!! & most of those are found in ER's, critical care units, and emergency transport helicopters....
and that's why most of our nurses in this site are females...........

Q: Who was the first Muslim nurse (M or F)? Click here to know
Waxbaro!

Sumaya:
Rufaidah ( the first muslim nurse) is indeed an inspirational nurse, she had all the characteristics of an ideal nurse. I never heard about her before...thank you for posting about Rufaidah.
sumaya

Waxbaro!:
You are welcome sister
by the way, that topic have been posted by another brother called "MuslimDoc" & I just gave you the link
Thanks
Waxbaro!

Caregiver:
Salaam Sumaya.

No Sister is not Board exam, I have not got that far yet. Its Time-Exam  that I have to pass, inorder for me to start the clinical portion.I dont know why I cant pass I have been studying the material. The exam is overall of the previous prequiste of nursing, such as  Pharmcology of nursing care, Math, Reading and health science. Is Very stressing. Am praying for the best, InshaAllah. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version