Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

Nursing in Somalia.....

<< < (4/6) > >>

Geeljire:
Asalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu !

Like my other fellows here, one of my dreams has been for me to go back to Somalia as soon as I get my degree, open up a practice and help my fellow Somalis...for if we do not rebuild Somalia ourselves...who will do it for us?

--- Quote from: Mutaweli on December 31, 2007, 01:20:25 AM ---.. as somalian student we don’t want go back home for work experiences, and help our communities, because of gunman who controls all area of Somali,

--- End quote ---

Mutaweli, walaal macaan, I totally disagree with that, for example Insha Allah one day we shall become doctors, we know our country needs doctors and as soon as we(specialy me) get our degree, we know Somalia is the first place we are heading as we know a doctor will help the sick people back home and helping to cure the sick is something which will help "our country...and our people".

I don’t disagree on the instability and the looming dangers with all this gunmen on the streets but let’s be realistic, many people do travel to the area, conducts business both import and export freely.

Actually some businessmen down there are far much better off than some of us in qurbaha (paycheck to paycheck), this I mean the axis may not be uniform all over, and some regions are stable and with sort of administration.

Therefore, my piece of advice to every one  is, just try and take a trip to the place and see for yourself whether its worth return or not. May be your hometown or village might be one of the safe havens.

Let me ask you this Q: Are we safe in wherever we are at now? It is a bit easier for me to answer this Q for Somalis in Pakistan and that would be no for we know terror struck everywhere. So dear brother Mutaweli my opinions are having faith in Allah (swt) and live our lives. When we are supposed to die we shall, whether we are in the white house or the ghetto crib!

So Walalkiis Mutaweli, Let us have faith in Allah (swt)...that is all we need to keep us safe where ever we are at.

Peace n' love
~Geeljire

MuslimDoc:

--- Quote from: Geeljire on January 01, 2008, 04:55:05 AM ---Let me ask you this Q: Are we safe in wherever we are at now? It is a bit easier for me to answer this Q for Somalis in Pakistan and that would be no for we know terror struck everywhere. So dear brother Mutaweli my opinions are having faith in Allah (swt) and live our life. When we are supposed to die we shall, whether we are in the white house or the ghetto crib!

--- End quote ---

I totally agree with this point, as no one knows what happen to him for the coming seconds!
I am sure that a village in Somalia is safer now from Pakistani or Kenyan city!!!
We should have faith in Allah, and let us die in the right path............
aamiin

Thanks
MuslimDoc

Miss Fardosa:
I would love 2 go there, But i dont know if it's Possible...My second year of nursing i took practical in Africa, Tanzania, and it was fine...Maybe on my master i'll take it in Somalia, I'll tell u guys how it will go insha Allah.

Sister T:
its intriguing to see that alot of us are so passionante about our  country..
am currently at my last year in nursing and seeking to find charity work especially in the health sector.
womens clinic is  a fantastic idea as we know this is a vulnerable group which go through many life changes , one being giving birth and well womens clinic is beneficial. so if anyone can help me in my search to find voluntary work in Somalia preferably rural areas  , but i would be gratefull if you guys could help ... thankyou xx

Afnaan:

--- Quote from: Dr.Mahdi on February 15, 2007, 09:54:17 PM ---Nothing better than to do good things for someone else everyday!!
Thanks to those doing voluntary jobs and those sending donations from abroad to promote the health services in our country!!
Really I would like to thank you Hana for the great idea of opening a women's clinic there!
-------------------------------------
By: Dr.Mahdi

--- End quote ---
:-[ :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version