Author Topic: What Does It Mean To Be A Friend?  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Yaxye

What Does It Mean To Be A Friend?
« on: February 03, 2008, 09:30:17 PM »
    'True friendship is hard to find' the defining moments of friendship were profound, such as the soulmate who helps you through the grief of losing a family member or camps out in your hospital room when you're sic  β€” the friend who talks for hours when you're feeling alone, even if it means going over on his cell phone minutes; the one who helps you with your homework, even when she hasn't done her own;
   According to my idea i should have only one friend  who stood out from the rest ''The One and Only''  ??? Becoz In reality, you are truly blessed to have one true friend to the backbone, "A true friend understands you, even when you're not talking," But keep it mind that "Friends Are Kind of Scary" becoz making a good friend is almost like adding a new family member. It comes with risk and responsibility.
"A true friend is a person who would really tell you how bad you look in that bright pink spandex suit, even though you really like it." ;)
 I hope many of you would like this topic and give different analyses,coz not everyone thinks it's important to have one best friend,so may be you guys have other idea besides the one i have which is ''The One and Only''...

Yaxye,

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A Friend?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 05:23:48 PM »
Books are our best friends, for when we're alone books are always with us. Books help us sharpen our knowledge skills. Some of your best friends would often start fighting with you but even if you tear a page of your book or say anything to it your book never harms you. According to me books are your best friends.

A person who reads books can never get bored. You can get so much to learn from them. They stimulate our imagination and give us such a lot of knowledge.

β€œTo the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.”

Diagnostic
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 05:06:21 AM »
Yup! Books are our best friends. You could swear we don't have a real life.  ;D

It's hard to find true good books, but stick around and you will find them  :)
would u like to read ?lol

Ps. Welcome yaxye, to SD you can be sure you will find some great fellows here. Enjoy!

~Geeljire

Offline Pharmacist

• Real Pharmacist
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 04:15:14 AM »
I think a friend should be someone you can depend on.

Also a friend should be true and loyal.

Maybe even stick up for you sometimes.

That's what a friend means.
Pharmacist is highly-trained and skilled healthcare professional who perform various roles to ensure optimal health outcomes for his patients.

Offline Abdullahi!

• Do your best today coz tomorrow may never exist!
    • Somali Medical Association
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 10:18:12 PM »
I agree that books are good friends, but that doesnt mean they are the only good friends.

A true friend in my view is he who can stick with you through thick and thin, and one you can depend on at any time. He might fight with you now and then, because it is human nature but you know he will always look out for you.
Although i have to say books are really good friends too and really smart friends too.
Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die. Everybody will die, but everybody will not go to heaven.

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 06:06:58 PM »
for me books r a pain in the esophagus,lol.wat u said abt a true friend is very touching indeed,too bad these days its gettin harder n harder to filter out the pebbles n find tht valuable stone.i hope we all get blessed wid such a person at some point in our life..

Offline Lovely_Huda

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 12:09:47 AM »
books are good friends at least a lot of reading makes you knowledgeable...
any of the ways true friendship is hard to find these days but a friend should be daacad iyo kula jeclaado waxaa uu naftiisa la jecelyahay ... also happy for ur happiness ... sad when u r sad,,, a lot of things can be involved in a friend...
ta7iyaaaaaaaaatiiiii

Offline Tuuney

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »
asc... :o i dont think books r good freinds .. i mean c'mon its books how come they can be ur freinds???..lool.. but they do help u  some times. datz true tho.. real friends r very few ... dey r d once who believe in u , trust u . help u out wen u needed.. datz wat i think.. not books...

salaamaat ...
If you would convince a people that they do wrong, do right. people Will believe what they see..

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 09:57:39 PM »
for me books r a pain in the esophagus,lol.wat u said abt a true friend is very touching indeed,too bad these days its gettin harder n harder to filter out the pebbles n find tht valuable stone.i hope we all get blessed wid such a person at some point in our life..

loooooool dr.keyf

I am not talking about the medical textbooks!
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Man donates kidney to best friend!!!

Started by PharmacistBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 0
Views: 4448
Last post April 05, 2008, 02:37:24 AM
by Pharmacist
Your new somali friend

Started by Zinab2blessaBoard New Members

Replies: 4
Views: 5035