Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

The nurse-doctor relationship!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Waxbaro!:
Thanks Sumaya, your idea is clear!
Hope you succeed in your career

MuslimDoc:
Collaborative nurse-physician relationships are associated with improved patient, nurse and physician outcomes. For example, significant patient outcomes which have been noted include: improved patient satisfaction; improved patient care or outcomes; and reduced medication errors. Nurse outcomes include decreased job associated stress and improved efficiency. Physician outcomes include improved job satisfaction and decreased job associated stress. Organizational outcomes associated include: decreased costs and improved efficiency of healthcare workers.
Barriers to nurse-physician collaboration are reported to occur due to: role misunderstanding; real and perceived differentials in power, position and respect; and varying perceptions of decision-making input and autonomy.
We can overcome this barriers by nurses and physicians working together cooperatively to achieve shared problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, communication and coordination.
MuslimDoc

Waxbaro!:

--- Quote from: MuslimDoc on March 28, 2008, 04:56:07 AM ---We can overcome this barriers by nurses and physicians working together cooperatively to achieve shared problem solving, conflict resolution, decision making, communication and coordination.
MuslimDoc

--- End quote ---

Thanks MuslimDoc for your participation & I agree with you

Dr.keyf:
i don see wat the issue is here.doctors have their job to do n so do nurses.nurses shouldnt tell a doctor wat to do coz the doctor is responsible for the outcome,his decisions can save or kill a patient and therefore he or she is held responsible.everyone has their job cut out for them.i don see why nurses should be offended by tht,i mean cmon if they feel like their job is menial,they should become doctors right.besides nurses r fearless and treat doctors like shit.so wats there to defend when they defend their territory so well?!

Dr.keyf:

--- Quote from: Waxbaro! on March 19, 2008, 11:07:56 PM ---Thanks diagnostic.

What is the effect of Gender on this relationship?

Ex: If the doctor is female & the nurse is female?
     If the doctor is female & the nurse is male?
     If the doctor is male & the nurse is female?
     If the doctor is male & the nurse is male?

--- End quote ---
well,am just providing a diff of opinion here since u all seem to agree.
if the doctor is female n nurse is female{all hell will break lose,cat fights et cetera}
if the doctor is female n nurse is male{harmony or quiet rivalry}
if the doctor is male n nurse is female{attraction+marriage+kids}
if the doctor is male n nurse is male{harmony+basketball}

loooooooooooooool i hope u enjoyed tht as much as i did,just bringing some humor to this topic,its all true by the way,ive seen it happen....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version