Author Topic: HOW DO YOU MOTIVATE YOURSELF (Mr/Mrs STUDENT)?  (Read 12120 times)

Offline Geeljire

HOW DO YOU MOTIVATE YOURSELF (Mr/Mrs STUDENT)?
« on: June 21, 2008, 01:07:25 PM »
Assl All Wr Wb

How do you motivate yourself?

What makes you keep going, with all distractions around you?

What is your secret ingredient, do you care to share?

Please share your valuable secrets with your bros and sis. Thank you.

Kind regards,
Geeljire ~

Offline PrincessMuni

Re: HOW DO YOU MOTIVATE YOURSELF (Mr/Mrs STUDENT)?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 08:22:02 PM »
no secrets! couple of Caffaine cups and thats it
no tv , no net , no friends and no intertainment while studying
stay away from bed and open the window lol
thats how i study anyway donno abt you?
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 01:59:05 PM »
Assl all wr wb

Princess-Muni, thanks. You have contributed some good points. But not really what I wanted to hear. I wanted to hear some personal staff. Something unique. Something incredible that touches one's heart in a moment of doubt. Something that you and I, the Somali, could share and associate with. I didn’t want to hear general stuff.

PS: Remember we were talking about motivation.

PSS: The subject or Q at hand is what motivates one, not how one studies. 

Kind regards,
Geeljire ~

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 12:38:07 AM »
Assl all wr wb.

What motivates one?

Having the ability to look after one's self that being self sufficient and not relying on others all your life. You know what happens when you rely on others and you dont want to do that for life. Therefore gaining your quals will help you in achieving the goal of being able to look after yourself and your future family I'A.

As our seniors keep telling us, they say during the 1st 2 years of study, It is hard to get motivated, but during the final year It is alot easier as one's priorities will be different (one year on the edge of achievment). And I would say may be their placement year motivated them the most. Just seeing things happen in real time and not out of books made them become alot more interested in their field of work.

So all in all, different people have different motivational requirements/needs/wants, so depending on what one is looking to achieve and how much they want to achieve it, then the more influences the better. Hope that makes sense.

What  motivates me, Geeljire?

Islam motivates me in  most and I use that for every constructive goal I set for my self. The importance of motivation is felt when there is a problem that challanges you. The more you encounter problems, is the more motivations you require to overcome such problems.

Western psychologists used to set anything that has to do with religion, because they believed religion can't resolve problems. The reason was obvious, becuase Christianity as an abrogated religion couldn't solve their problems.

So, after the emerging numerous problems of mental imbalances, they conducted many researches aimed at finding solutions for the illness at any religious perspectives. And finaly, they come to realize that believing in God undermines the effectiveness of the pain that causes the mental disorder. It was not only one research I observed from that, the treatment of religion for mental ilness.

Now coming back to the subject at hand, how do you motivate yourself, yeah, Islam absulately motivates me everytime I need an intrinsic motivation to crush any obstacle. As we know, schooling has its own problems, and it is clear that most students fail when they entertain themselves with drugs in the presence of distress symptoms.

PS. Stay away from bad influences!!

Kind regards,
Geeljire ~

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is desire. No reasons or principle contain it or stand against it."

"Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly."

Thanks Geeljire for the topic
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

Offline Eng M-som

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 09:50:54 AM »
to my way of thinking. and according to the little expreince i have .what motivates me ,and may be many others is that:u write down a very clear time table before u begin studying.u just write wht u t going to do and how it takes,ur break times.u keep the pic picture in ur mind.i mean the success factor,the exam day.and let ur papers on the walls of the room help u.but be carefull let ur room clean and specy before all.
the other very important motivating point is:appriciate ur self and reward it when u r done.
tht is wht motivates me.
thank u.

Offline Zohrah_3

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:11:57 AM »
Well i will tell u something funny that happened to me few months ago, u know how its when u r so tired of school n work, u dont get enough sleep, but teh next day its  teh same story , u have to do it again.
THere was one morning , woke up tired liked most of the days, n i actually forced my self to go to uni, n then i met this lady almost everyday in the train. She is a young woman with a child, n i see her everyday in the train, pushing her Baby Wagen, n then i was liek shame on u, see she has to do this every morning.
I have to only wake up and get ready, but she wakes up , n must feed the kid, take wt the child needs, n then push all the way , n the weather is unbelievable many mornings.
N that was it, when u see that u appreciate wt u have( or not have cos i live kids 8), but wt i ment we should be Contect, n only then u can motivate urself, when the next boring task comes :).

Peace.

Offline Fadyf

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 03:50:25 AM »
well I see medical mistakes which is easy to prevent if you care the somalian patients, which breaks my heart that motivates me a lot that someday I will do something about it

Offline Idman

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 02:54:39 AM »
Well, I will tel you what motivates me as a person, me besides my great rlg Islam,  first all,I'm greatfull for all the good things that Allah gives me. For example, the gift of life that  God gave me, and it motivates me to  be a good Muslim by practicing  what he orders me do.Also I say Alhamhu lilah when see how beautiful I'm by being physically mentally healthy  which motivates me to obey Allah more.   Because there are lots of people just like me  who don't have that ability, and Allah chosen me over them. finally I'm Somali and I survived from the  Somali war  also I'm happened to be one of those Somalis who are living  in a safe place compared to my brothers and sisters in back home. I'm also in place  where  schools are available and that is something motivates me  to take adavege of, and makes me to  work harder than others too.

Offline Abdiqani

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 10:54:00 PM »
ASC WR WB..
 waxaa mahadleh Allahii  ina abuurtay(SWT)  iyo nabigeenii Suubanaa)..(SCW)

Dear Geeljire......... Inad dhiira galisid naftadda waxaay ku xirantahay inad marka hore ogaatid waxaad rabtid ama aay higsaneyso naftaadu ... Run ahaantii aduunku  waa sil silad  qofkii nool aduunkana waxuun ayuu u bahanyahay ..marka   ma is weydiisay maxaay tahay dhiiro galinta aad rabtid ???? example ahaan 
1)Ma dhib waxbarasho la'aanbaa or exam tym problems 2) Ma Dhaqaalo la'aanbaa (Economic Crisis)
3) Ma Guurba 4) ma Nafsi ahaanbaa  And so on.........
yacni waxan uga golleeyahay ama uga jeedda intas oo dhan mid walba waxaay u bahantahay Motivation ,markaad ogaatid dhiira galinta aay raftu rabto dabcan  adiga ayey kuu taal sidaad uga dabaalan laheed  ama adiga iyo rago nimadda ...runtiina Believe or not dadku waa kugu saacidi karaan waxyar oo dhiira galin ah laakin su'aashu waxaa weeye adigu ma ku dhaqmeysaa mise mayya?? aniga naf ahaanteyda waxan oran karaa qofka kaliya ee naftiisa Motivation ku suubin karo inuu yahay adiga kaliya waayo  hadey more than 10 ppls give u advise or motivation   after one week waxaa laga yabaa inaad iska ilowdo waxaay waano ama dhiiro galin ama talo aheed  oo dhan ama hadii su'aallo lagaa weydiiyo oo lagu dhaho waxaay kuu sheegeyn 10 kii qof waxii oo dhan noosheeg dabcan waa adagtahay inaad wax ka xasuusatid, laakin hadii adigu sameysid Self talk  oo meel cidla ha intaad farariisatid isla hadashid  go'an gaartid   ...xaqiiq ahaan ma ilaaweysid waayo waa go'aan aad adigu gaartay cidna kugula wehelin marka  waxaan anigu oranlahaa.......Rabi talo saaro............Believe ur self ...Building Confidence and Destroy Fear ....Make ur attitudes Allies .......and always Use the Goals to help u grow .... and always make ur self death busy and do  alot of research as much as u can  ,,read  differents books  .. and i am advise u, to read de following Books   if u can... "yes u can""......
1)Tough Time Never Last But Tough ppl Do...(By. Robert H.schuller)
2: How to Think Like a Leader.....(By Patrick Kallie)
3) 7 habit of highly effective people.... (By Stephen F. Covey's bestseller)
4) Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final ...(By Robert H. Schuller)
5)How Successful People Think...( By John C.Maxwell)
 and so on...........i hp if u read diz books i would be fly and overcome many things around u ....but not Believe  That books yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah..............all of them are talking about how to survive in diz world and to be successful  and overcome in difficulty situation during needs    or wants comes ...but  , 4 u, as long as u believe in Allah (SWT)   it is more than enough ............Alle talo saaro waxad rabtidna alle weydiiso cidkale oo ku saacidi karto ma jirto alle waa  kan og Inside and outside waxaa ku jiro marka sxb anigu intas ayaan kugula talin laha...

Waa Bilahi Towfeeeq

Offline Michalina

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 02:24:58 PM »
Well its very important  to motivate yourself, well m doing meditation, its really very beneficial for the mind and improve your grasping power and keep away the tensions.

Fire Science Training- A fire training College

Offline Zubeyda maalim

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »
Well its very important  to motivate yourself, well m doing meditation, its really very beneficial for the mind and improve your grasping power and keep away the tensions.

Beautiful topic

Fire Science Training- A fire training College
fa innal faarij huwa Allahu

Offline Zubeyda maalim

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
A/aleykum well as for me my motivation comes  from within and strange enough from my surroundings as well.it`s challenging for a somali student to prosper in south Africa interms of academics...NO ONE LIKES TO SEE a somali national on the campases..obstacles are placed everywhere from hate speech to belittling you to an extent that makes you feel that u really do not belong in this place....Knowing that people do not want me to make any advancements..really motivates me...crazy eh!but for real..i feel like.."U know i`m so gonna show them..whether they like it or not"....In my 1st yr of dentistry i came across a student (who was a male of middle-age),he stopped and looked at me...i immediately realised he was a foreighner jst like me so i innocently halted...wanting to return his greetings if he would perhaps greet me...but to my astonishment the guy said,"...goodness..do somalis also study.."..i was speechless,felt hurt and insulted to extremes..so i swallowed painfully and strolled away...came home to tell my big bro...and he said..."dear believe me the worst is yet to come..so gather ur courage frm such negative xperiences...and move...as there is always SOME LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL....

In addition to that once a wonderful lecturer of mine told me,"never fail...try to be successful...for motivation always comes from success.."the well you do in exams or anything else the better you want to become..SO TRY TO BE GOOD

Last but not the least...i`m a muslim..we are muslims...we set high goals for ourselves..and be a good example to the rest..and we always struggle for the best with the help of Allah...inshaAllah....

VIVA SOMALI STUDENTS VIVA!!!!!!
fa innal faarij huwa Allahu

Offline Abdulrazzak

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 11:54:07 PM »
its astonished story .. Alhamdulilah if that action makes u motivation rather than  aggressive action.. I don't think no 1 can change character  till we change ourselves.. gud luck n hope u bright future.. my sister u need more practice ..
Dr. Abdirizak H Mohamed
PharmD KU -PAKISTAN , Msc- KEMU NAIROBI

Offline Cathyv

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
The importance of motivation is felt when there is a problem that challanges you. The more you encounter problems, is the more motivations you require to overcome such problems.

Medical Student Offers Fresh Perspective by Kara Worley

Started by IsseGoleBoard Fresh Students

Replies: 2
Views: 35210
Last post November 03, 2009, 10:58:43 AM
by Mapoc
Somali Student Won Science Award for Cancer Research

Started by AdminBoard Health News and Events

Replies: 3
Views: 9905
Last post February 08, 2011, 02:11:52 PM
by Dr. Acromion