Author Topic: Reasons why you should marry a doctor!!  (Read 23237 times)

Offline Yaxya

Reasons why you should marry a doctor!!
« on: September 05, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »

1. The stethoscope.
2. They can give you the gift of "missing them" because they are always at work.
3. They can give you a free medical consultation.
4.You save yourself the embarrassment of going to a doctor with a water infection!!
5. They are smart!!
6. They are heavy weight party people in the weekend
7. Let's play doctor!!
8. They are well trained to listen.
9. They know how you feel, or at least pretend to!!
10. They always have a strange new story to tell.
11. They offer you a tissue when you feel like crying (it is a reflex).
12. They can stay up all night if you want them to.
13. They can guide you in the gym.
14. Money!!! (Although they work long hours for it)
15. Free medical samples!!
16. They are unshockable!!!
17. They know what you want to hear and say it!!
18. They always try to dress nice!!
19. They are trained in breaking bad news in a nice way

الأسوار التي تحيط بنا عالية، وعلى من لا يستطيع أن يهدمها أو يقذفها أو يتسلق عليها... عليه أن لا يزين للباقين الجلوس خلفها.

Offline Dr.Adnan

• “The first wealth is health.”
Re: reasons why you should marry a doctor!!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 02:21:56 PM »
Ahahahah..... ;D Marry a doctor that is all what I am gonna say...... ::)
**Ruuxaan Dantiisiyo aqoon, waxa daryeelaaya**
**Inuu Deeqda Eebahay ka qaday, dib u xusuusnaada**
Hadraawi...

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 03:12:05 PM »
salaam,lool.thts a very interesting n upliftin thing to write ;D.i just love it.although they disadvantages of marrying a doctor may be more than the advantages. :P.keep up da good work of lightenin up our moods yaxya.thanx

Offline Yonis

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »
marriage b/w doctors have many disadvantages ???.........suppose u marry a female doctor she knws every and each drug so once u got fight as its common in somali community she may inject u some harmfull drugs  while u are sleeping in d bed ;) ..........other disadvantages include managing of time if u have some kids at home as they need special care from their mom(doctor) ???... Interms of degree level both of u have d same degree dat may cause other prob...... this is jst may calculation according to somali doctors.........u guys may have diff idea besides d 1 i have

P.S am not gonna marry somali doctor anyways ;) ;)

Offline PrincessMuni

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 12:45:07 AM »

8. They are well trained to listen.
9. They know how you feel, or at least pretend to!!
12. They can stay up all night if you want them to.
19. They are trained in breaking bad news in a nice way

loool these are excellent reasons to marry a doctor or anyone in the medical field but then,
disadvantages are more than advantages in my opinion
for example working in the same place! wa ma adraak ma el working in the same place lol, it looks like a blessing in a way "going 2gether , seeing each other alot bla bla bla"
1 or 2 yrs later
its gonna be like Wa Wareey! 24/7 seeing each other lol
its like WE NEED SOME BREAK plus i saw two nurses, married
months later they were divorced, coz the dude was so jealous coz his wife
works with male, Duh! he knew that she works with male in the first place
to make long story short, Marry each other but work in different places to save the trouble and yeah, time managing, thats a huge problem too!

ITS ALL WRONG ;D until i see bright story that can change my mind  ::)
Intelligence plus character- that is the goal of true education

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Geeljire

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 01:56:38 AM »
I'd prefer a doctor, not only because of what my schedule would be.I think is because similar interests. I think, doctors always date some other doctors from different speciality to avoid competition. Do you think thats a good Idea? It seem to work well.

But I guess we're doomed to disagree. So Who cares as long as the opposite person is understanding. For a marriage to suceed you need to have trust, understanding, passion and love. In recent times though you need a bit of compromise.

Fi Amanallah,
Geeljire ~

Offline Dr.keyf

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 01:37:03 PM »
salaam all,yonis i disagree wid ur statement n disagreeeeeeeeeeee!first of a woman who is out to poison u doesnt require a particular knowledge abt drugs,she can just give u rat poison n voila,u don exist anymore.secondly u must be a jealous n competitive person if u cant bear the idea of ur wife possesing the same degree.wats da big deal if shes also a doctor,ull hv alot of common ground to discuss,she might seek ur help in sumthin n vice versa.in short if u want to look for negative points in sumthin,i assure u ull find it.so think positive.
there is however a valid point tht u mentioned,the only thing wrong wid marrying a doctor is the absense.n if the wife is the doctor,situation is worse coz home n kids will be neglected.even if u leave behind another guardian,still the kids n husband suffer emotionally,so ultimately the husband gets fedup of the situation n no more marital bond will exist.very sad,but its a reality.so all u girls who want to be mbbs doctors,i advice u opt  for something less demanding and satisfying coz believe me u,medicine is not.even if u make big bucks,u don get to enjoy ur money.just a suggestion bt i knw no one can stop u guys frm going into tht field,what wid all the media thts promoting n making medicine a fantasy(greys anatomy ,scrubs etc).hope u give it a thorough thought before u delve into it,coz its not wat its cut out to be! 8)

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 02:18:48 PM »
Well . I think that doesn't apply to me. I would just marry a women who knows what I'm thinking without havingbtell her even if she is from Planet marrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since they knows what you are thinking, they knows how to make the relationship work.

so don't worry about grouping like in a same field or doctor to another doctor. but think about The chemistry of understanding between each other
never give up learning

Offline Yaxya

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 06:55:52 PM »
the most important thing in relationship is understanding&loving each other then every thing after that easy.. no matter who is she ,where is she from,what she do
الأسوار التي تحيط بنا عالية، وعلى من لا يستطيع أن يهدمها أو يقذفها أو يتسلق عليها... عليه أن لا يزين للباقين الجلوس خلفها.

Offline Dr.Farabadan

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 07:59:08 PM »
yeah................... yaxya  u got it now
never give up learning

Offline Waxbaro!

• Global Moderator
  • Aqoontu Waa Iftiin
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 08:35:09 PM »
If you want to marry a doctor, check this tips:

If your number one goal is financial security you may choose an ophthalmologist, dermatologist, or surgeon because they tend to have the highest salaries. However, realize that with these specialties you will not have a peaceful night's sleep because he/she will likely be on call all the time. Even if they do not get called, there is still that uneasy sleep when they are on call because you never know if they will call. It also means that he will likely be very focused on his career and continuing learning because these fields constantly change. Therefore you will have to accept that you are basically his mistress and work is his wife and first priority.

if you want a husband who is alway around for you and the kids pick a physiatrist, occupational medicine, or similar physician. These guys do not earn nearly as much as surgeons, however they tend to have a 9-5 job with set hours and few days, if any, of call. This gives you a more normal home life. However you do need to realize that it comes at a cost- lower salary. It also means they will likely have little sympathy and empathy for you when you get hurt because they see serious and potential life limiting illnesses on a regular basis so your scabbed knee means nothing to them.

Now do you want someone with lots of empathy then you may consider a pediatrician or general practitioner. Although you need to realize that these docs do have call and they typically earn less than other docs. Think about what you want and what specialties would work.

Waxbaro!
Your posts reflects your personality, so be Wise and Polite!

Offline Amal

Re: Reasons why you should marry a doctor!!
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2009, 12:38:43 AM »
 Wow! school has taken control of my life. Happy Newyear to every1 out there.
               I am just responding to the topic marrying a doctor!! lol, interesting thoughts out there. You marry someone because u love them alot and you want to spend your life with that person. May be that person treats you well with respect and you bond well. Although career matters, thats just an achievement in life, nothing beyond that. Personally no to doctors..it will be a boring life to me.. we cant be both doctors!!! 

Offline Proud_2b_Somali

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2009, 12:46:15 AM »
mmmmmm in my point of view, i dont think marrying a doctor, just because you are a doctor is such a good idea, because i believe being different is what gives life a flavour, i dont want someone that expects every move i might do, OH MY ALLAH, life would be borring.
on the other hand, to keep life going, you need to have something to talk about, and what is the point of talking if i know all the things you're talking about??  :-\ weird HuH
more importantly, doctors are always bussy, i dont want my husband to be bussy all day, that is so borring,  ;D sorry doctors, but i really respect ya all and proud of ya lol.. ( كل ده عشان ما نزعلكم ;))
ThInK FaSt.... TaLk SlOwLy

Offline Yaxya

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 05:32:24 PM »
hey guys i post it just for fun ....love is the basic thing in marriage, money and job are important but they come next to the love.

Offline Diagnostic

• Professional Diagnosis
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 10:33:18 PM »
Women don’t ask for much in a man. He only has to be tall, rich, funny, sexy, single, strong, good-looking, smart, romantic, charming, warm, sweet, sensitive, clever, athletic, kind, generous, punctual & sincere.

No one can deny this.....
In diagnosis think of the easy first.
Martin H. Fischer

The "5 Star Doctor"!!

Started by IsseGoleBoard Doctor's Hobbies

Replies: 0
Views: 47970
Last post February 16, 2007, 02:36:59 PM
by IsseGole
قَسَمُ الطبيب The Doctor's Oath

Started by MunimBoard Islam and Medicine

Replies: 2
Views: 10497
Last post July 14, 2008, 05:16:05 PM
by Munim
"VACANCY" Medical Doctor Based in Jowhar Somalia (100%)

Started by DrkheyreBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 31954
Last post December 02, 2011, 06:13:19 PM
by Drkheyre
(VACANCY) Medical Doctor, Nurse, Assistant Nurse, Feeding Assist - MSF Holland

Started by DrkheyreBoard Medical Jobs & Trainings

Views: 22952
Last post June 29, 2011, 04:43:11 PM
by Drkheyre
Hadaadan doctor,nurse,pharmacist ahaan laheyn maxaad jeclaan laheed inaad noqoto

Started by Dr.NasraBoard Feel Free Here

Replies: 20
Views: 29695
Last post September 11, 2010, 09:23:06 PM
by MISK