Medical Student Forums > Internship and Residency

Somali Doctors

<< < (3/3)

Anotherabdi:
I think the question posted is fundamentally wrong.
What rule says that you have to marry a doctor. It makes sense they must be somali, but dont make your life more difficult than it needs to be.  If the question is about income disparity, then one would always be suspicious of the other partner using them and it will never result in healthy relationship. 

VillageDoc:
I get where Laila is coming from not only is it difficult its next to impossible. Leave alone doctor simply a professional is extremely hard to come by and at the rate things are going its not getting any better. Take a look at somali families and the ratio of university educated males to females is becoming wider as days go by.
And truth be told preference would go to a professional. Maybe we should look at alternatives to our brothers not a good option but choices are limited  ???

Bhersi:
It is Interesting topic.

Somali have profound culture that we can all be proud of; no matter what situation we in..  Going back  our roots and our grand fathers life’s I am talking about past  40+ yrs where Men was breadwinner and women to do the most important and  most difficult job in the planet  to be  housewife.

I am going back the comment sister Laila made “decently cute Somali guy ).

If you read the ward decently what comes your mind is respect.
If look the ward cute guy most of the people will say is he real man who can take full responsibility or he is busy to putting makeup  and dress up well?

They say “give a fame those you can handle” As Educated Somali women I think it is challenge that we face having high education and fining nice  respectful guy to share life with” it is well documented when Girls finish university no matter what field; the expectation goes to the roof  as they being told “ you are important you deserve educated man   WAA INAAD JAAMICI GUURSATA etc” it is like brain wash.. Sadly it is rare to hear someone say; it is good idea that you find some one who fears Allah with good Aqlaq” and most important  to treat you RIGHT.

In my opining the definition of good guy is someone who fears Allah  and  take full responsibility his family and not relay on other person wages . ( waman yatiqalah yajcal lahu maqrajan warsiqu manxaythu laa yaxtasib” remember the dua ( Allahu ma inii nasaluka hikman wa cilman) Higma comes before Education. One good example is our great grand fathers never went school and they  manage all the community I am sure most of  PHD holder could barely  manage their own family.

It is mention in many article man feels inferior if women is more educated or earns more money than him; My answer to that is if the two people trust each other obviously love each other EGO and  MONEY will nether come in  between and most importantly Today it is very easy to build Somali house or to get married but who is strong enough not quit that marriage  and maintain that house it is hikma when our reliogion says rejaalu qawaamun). That is what Somali lacking to day not  “ Jaamici” as my grand mother used to call.

I hope every one to learn how to be good human being and wish to have better human being to share this difficult worls we facing today (Allah knows what is best for us Wabilaahi Tow fiiq) any comment balqisa_saud@hotmail.com

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version