General Discussions > Doctor's Hobbies

Reading other than medical books!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Amani:
hi guys can jad its intrested bt wht about arabic ones ilike reaading (rawaic al kutub al arabiya)arabic books or arabic novels its good intrest ex nor wa catma ,al armala al cashiqa ,intidar etc

Suad:
I'm actually addicted to reading and mostly i read fiction books but sometimes i do read other stuff too (except for  politics)  so  u can say   that it dependents on my mood 

Muraad:
Mohamed, I used to like reading other books more than science books in my undergraduate but time restricted me to stick with medicine books now. I read some of the books mentioned above including Martin Luther King life, Malcol X, Steve Biko, Nelson Mandella, and more but the book that I liked the most was "Road to Mecca" of Mohamed Asad. I reccommend this book to anyone who like reading. There are some medical thriller books that you might like including coma, mindbend, invasion,chromosome six,and so on. These novels are very interseting in that they will help you read in your leisure while you still feel that you are in the world of medicine. They are all written by "Dr. Robin Cook", and ophthalmologist who is in Massechussets. See also, the Surgeon, and the donor for another author. There are more and I can give the list. But you can also do your own search through the web. The other good author of such medical thriller books is Michael Palmer, also, a physician.

Muraad:
Those of you who like reading, I would suggest this book "ROAD TO MECCA" Written by Mohamed Asad. Once you start you will not stop reading it. Besides it is talking about crucial historical moments that muslim world passed mixed with the narrations from the writer's life in both Europe, Middle east and other Asian countries.

The_Scientist:

--- Quote from: Moha on February 08, 2008, 10:30:53 PM ---yup u r right Mustafa....and the name of his other book if u r interested, is Dreams from My Father....

--- End quote ---

I have read Dreams from my father about 2 years ago now...it's a very good book...I highly recommended it. Since reading the book I feel like I know Obama personally....he really opens up.
Malcolm X's book is a must read. It's really interesting finding out about how he discovered Islam and how his life before Islam was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version