Allied Health Professions > Nursing Education Center

The nurse-doctor relationship!

<< < (3/5) > >>

Waxbaro!:

--- Quote from: Dr.keyf on March 29, 2008, 11:47:10 PM ---i don see wat the issue is here.doctors have their job to do n so do nurses.nurses shouldnt tell a doctor wat to do coz the doctor is responsible for the outcome,his decisions can save or kill a patient and therefore he or she is held responsible.everyone has their job cut out for them.i don see why nurses should be offended by tht,i mean cmon if they feel like their job is menial,they should become doctors right.besides nurses r fearless and treat doctors like shit.so wats there to defend when they defend their territory so well?!

--- End quote ---

Dr.keyf, hold on sister, don't blame nurses, when & how nurses treat doctors like shit?! I haven't seen such a nurse!

Dr.keyf:
salaam waxbaro,it mustve sounded like i hv somethin against nurses bt thts not the case.u knw i have observed,n so hv many other doctors,thts doctors are actually afraid of nurses.n ive seen wid my own eyes so many times a female nurse arguing bitterly wid a male doctor abt some orders he gave her for the day.am telling u,they r quite expert at defending themselves.no one in their right mind messes wid nurses.n its a universal thing.if u watch medical dramas,u will notice the same thing.they don take crap from anyone.
so in my opinion ,the ppl to feel sorry for are the doctors coz they sometimes do the nurses work inorder to avoid confrontation.once again a doctor is already overworked,n has bickering at home by a spouse who misses him or her,n they hv to deal wid nurses n some irritating patients.so all in all,i really don see wat the issue is here...

Amal:
mmmm its crazy!!
                       I always get the stereotyping when they see you in hospitals they think you are a nurse!!
                       I mean what world do they live in? don't they know there are more female in med-school than men in USA? Hello!! watch out......

Dr.keyf:
hi amal,dont u wear lab coats as med students? n as ive seen in greys anatomy ,scrubs n dr.house,ER,dont doctors hv diff color of scrubs?if after tht they still confuse u wid a nurse,then daft ppl are everywhere.i don think u shud take offense.by the way,wat year are u in?must be exciting doing med in states.i envy u man!

Amal:

Dr, Keyf,
              hahah here in America, even lab technician wear white lab coats! Funny rite!! most attending docs wear civilian clothes, but residence, med, students, nurses, lab techs, pharm all wear white lab coat. Some nurses wear scrubs. so unless  some one is close enough to read the tittle, a doc can easily come and ask you, about his patient thinking you are the nurse. No I don't get offended, I admire what nurses do, my heart goes out to them.
 thanks though for saying that but, I believe in "you will never accomplish anything in life if you are not a risk taker". Its not easy going to school when you are the only black person, thats even hard to accept it , but you learn to live with it and you get stronger day by day. for my people out there, don't get discouraged by being in white environment, face it with courage and its only for a season and a reason!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version