Allied Health Professions > Lab Students and Technicians

New members of lab students and labtechnicians!!

(1/13) > >>

Sumayya:

Salaama Caleikum waraxmatullahi wabarakaatum

Lab students and labtechnicians welcome to the website :). Im a sister who works as a labtechnician and im also researcher i would like to know other somali laboratory workers out there, Insha Allah. At the moment im the only labtechnician/reseacher  in this website but i hope there will be more.

Other ppl who dont know about this field let me tell you little more about it.
 The degree programme covers a wide field in chemistry and biological sciences from basic studies to advanced analytical methods in chemistry and molecular biology. Graduates in Laboratory Sciences may be employed in a variety of settings such as research institutes, universities, municipal laboratories and industry. Other future prospects include marketing and management positions in laboratory technology.

The research option concentrates on the needs of various research laboratories in the fields of biosciences and advanced chemistry for example. The industrial research studies are based on the special needs of chemical industry.

If   you need for more information feel free to ask.

Dr.XalimaPatra:
SALAMS SIS

YAH IM A FELLOW LABBY , I WORK  AS A LAB TECHNICIAN,
AND IM STUDYIN MEDICAL SCIENCE, IM FROM AUSTRALIA.
I AM MORE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD OF LABORATORY THEN OF RESERACH, APART FROM THAT IM ONE OFF UR KIND... ;D

P.S./....IM NEW HERE , JUST DISCOVERED THIS SITE TODAY...AND HOPEFULLY U GUYS WILL BE SEEIN MORE OF ME , SINCE ITS MY HOLIDAYS...

Sumayya:

Salaama Caleikum

Sis welcome to the website im soo happy  ;D that finally there is some one else working in laboratory field. Well, im from Finland that is other part of the world :). Are there other sisters and brothers who study this field in Australia?. Tell me little bit more of your laboratory technician program too. If you have sis any questions please feel free to ask.

Dr.XalimaPatra:
wow finland , how cold does it get over there lol
yeah sis there are bout a handful of us  in this field ,  in Australia, but mainly its sisters , i know of only one guy.
well i work only part time as I'm a full time student , and i work in the biochemistry department, for a private lab , its a pretty enjoyable job ( so it fits in well with by time and demands for studyin  )
, not as demanding as the public hospitals , where Ur on Ur feet all the time as every specimen is urgent, but not to worry we get a Fair share of hardship. ::) so how is it in the lab u work in?

Sumayya:

Hi! sis at the moment the weather is not that cold around +1.  It is good to know that our ppl have found this field. I have to say that im first somalian in this country hopefully not the last who studied as researcher/labtech. I work as laboratory technician in a hospital  at the moment ( you know how is it like ) but i want to go back to research field soon, Insha Allah.

I was also thinking mybe going back to school to get higher diploma but im not sure yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version